Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

East side

'75App
School: Appalachian State

East side

Unread post by '75App » Mon Jul 18, 2022 3:34 pm

What is the top row on the East side?

GO APPS!

WASU 93

Re: East side

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 4:47 pm

It depends on the section:

In 215 (and the outer sections), should be Row Y
In 214 (and the three middle sections) , Row T

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:50 pm

This topic raises an interesting question (at least for me). What do you guys think would be the ultimate best KBS situation? I mean in terms of seating? I'm not looking for a 70k stadium with a retractable roof. For me if we enclosed the Miller Hill end and increased total seating to 35k, added the concessions and fixed the sound I would be happy.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:19 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:50 pm
This topic raises an interesting question (at least for me). What do you guys think would be the ultimate best KBS situation? I mean in terms of seating? I'm not looking for a 70k stadium with a retractable roof. For me if we enclosed the Miller Hill end and increased total seating to 35k, added the concessions and fixed the sound I would be happy.
I would add connecting the east and west via the NEZ and maybe use the concourse as a SRO terrace Beer Garten.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:25 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:19 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
I would add connecting the east and west via the NEZ and maybe use the concourse as a SRO terrace Beer Garten.
If it would not mess up the views from the home side, it could be cool to put a roof over the East Side, like Husky Stadium in Washington. It certainly could help some against the afternoon sun and late season elements and it would be interesting to see how it would affect crowd noise.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:05 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:25 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
If it would not mess up the views from the home side, it could be cool to put a roof over the East Side, like Husky Stadium in Washington. It certainly could help some against the afternoon sun and late season elements and it would be interesting to see how it would affect crowd noise.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:13 am

WASU 93 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I believe that was the initial plan but the design changed. Some think it was due to an engineering issue with the initial design. Some think it was to allow for the concourses to be connected at a later date. Some think the contractor just screwed up and it wouldn't be done in time to start last season.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:13 am
WASU 93 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
I believe that was the initial plan but the design changed. Some think it was due to an engineering issue with the initial design. Some think it was to allow for the concourses to be connected at a later date. Some think the contractor just screwed up and it wouldn't be done in time to start last season.
Although talking about East side... when I purchased NEZ tickets, I was told the plan to to have a cover for most of NEZ. This was one of selling points for us. It is my understanding that will not be an addition. Although disappointed, got over it and moved on.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:24 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 am
AppStateNews wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Although talking about East side... when I purchased NEZ tickets, I was told the plan to to have a cover for most of NEZ. This was one of selling points for us. It is my understanding that will not be an addition. Although disappointed, got over it and moved on.
Well completely misread that.. thought it was talking about putting the roof over the NEZ facility -- not the east side. Oops.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:32 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Replace the upper east bleacher-style seating with a much larger boni fide concrete structure. The current seating only seats 4,000 and it's almost as small time looking as the track was.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:35 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:21 am
AppStateNews wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
There were delays and modifications done to the original design on the fly. Those columns underneath the stands in the NEZ became necessary when the stands started to pull away from the building during load tests. If you go on field and look up under the stands, there is a huge steel beam in place that wasn’t supposed to be there. As it was explained to me, the stands are doubly safe now. I’m not a structural engineer and I haven’t asked, but the absence of the roof might have something to do with that.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:10 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
What do you guys think would be the ultimate best KBS situation? I mean in terms of seating?
IMO, if money was no object, a complete tear down of the east side is in order. Build another tower, similar to the west side, that butts up against Stadium Dr. Run concessions and bathrooms down at the concourse level and increase the club seating on the upper levels of the tower. Install a new concrete structure for seating down to field level. The new structure would be nearer to the field and close the wide sideline gap left by the track. If engineering allowed, some type of roof over the east side (or partial roof) would be awesome for crowd noise and those who don't enjoy the inclement weather.

Horseshoe in the end zone and build PBR-beer-hat-guy his damn Yosef cabin a la the pirate ship in Raymond James. Ultimately do something similar on the west side if engineers can tear down the old concrete seating without messing up the Mark Ricks athletic complex. Install all new chair backs through the stadium except in the student section which will remain the best seats in the house and run from the north end zone to the new horseshoe (or at least half way through the shoe). I think bleacher seating encourages standing by the students and allows them to pack it in! :lol:
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:31 pm

moonshine wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:10 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
What do you guys think would be the ultimate best KBS situation? I mean in terms of seating?
IMO, if money was no object, a complete tear down of the east side is in order. Build another tower, similar to the west side, that butts up against Stadium Dr. Run concessions and bathrooms down at the concourse level and increase the club seating on the upper levels of the tower. Install a new concrete structure for seating down to field level. The new structure would be nearer to the field and close the wide sideline gap left by the track. If engineering allowed, some type of roof over the east side (or partial roof) would be awesome for crowd noise and those who don't enjoy the inclement weather.

Horseshoe in the end zone and build PBR-beer-hat-guy his damn Yosef cabin a la the pirate ship in Raymond James. Ultimately do something similar on the west side if engineers can tear down the old concrete seating without messing up the Mark Ricks athletic complex. Install all new chair backs through the stadium except in the student section which will remain the best seats in the house and run from the north end zone to the new horseshoe (or at least half way through the shoe). I think bleacher seating encourages standing by the students and allows them to pack it in! :lol:
If we are doing a tear down let's back the stands up a little to make room for a track.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:53 pm

mike87 wrote:
Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:31 pm
moonshine wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

If we are doing a tear down let's back the stands up a little to make room for a track.
Post of the day.

beav910

Unread post by beav910 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:03 am

mike87 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

And then fill the track with ice for all the cups we'll have. Am I doing this right?
Appalachian State Alumnus :: Graphic Designer

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:04 am

beav910 wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:03 am
mike87 wrote:
moonshine wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

And then fill the track with ice for all the cups we'll have. Am I doing this right?
Spot on! Well done. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”