Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football Parking 2022

WASU 93
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football Parking 2022

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm

joshjj23 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:59 pm
Just found out I didn't get parking. Been season ticket holder for 7 years. Always parked in rivers. Shitty part is I just found out they actually called my friend and asked him for more money to park there. Why did some people get that option and some didn't?
This is absolutely ridiculous. If you have given enough to park in Rivers for 7 years, and you renewed your Season Tickets and continued to give at that level, there is no reason that you should not have a space (maybe not in Rivers, but you should have a space). Our program needs you as a happy and satisfied fan.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:13 pm

Not sure I agree with that conclusion on a guaranteed space just because you have had a space for 7 years. ..Whtether spaces are based upon cumulative donations or one year donations. If a newbie contributed more this year over and above what you gave in 7 years...and/or if it is based upon one year only...and they gave more in one year that you did....either scenario they deserve the space as they met the requirements for the point system. That is called progress and more commitment to YC by the newbie...which App St needs more contributions to fund athletics..
However, if the newbie got a space and their points are less than yours, I would have an issue with that.
With that said, I would also have an issue, if it is true, that one person got called to up their donations and another person was not called. That would be wrong in my opinion.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:45 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:13 pm
Not sure I agree with that conclusion on a guaranteed space just because you have had a space for 7 years. ..Whtether spaces are based upon cumulative donations or one year donations. If a newbie contributed more this year over and above what you gave in 7 years...and/or if it is based upon one year only...and they gave more in one year that you did....either scenario they deserve the space as they met the requirements for the point system. That is called progress and more commitment to YC by the newbie...which App St needs more contributions to fund athletics..
However, if the newbie got a space and their points are less than yours, I would have an issue with that.
With that said, I would also have an issue, if it is true, that one person got called to up their donations and another person was not called. That would be wrong in my opinion.
If someone has given enough to qualify for a space in Rivers for 7 years, they have likely donated $3500 over the past 7 years + likely another $500 this year. i really don't think that we've had enough newbies that have joined the Yosef and donated over $4000 to leap frog them out of a spot. In fact, even if the number was half of that ($2K), I don't think we've had a ton of new members at that level. Hence, joshjj23 should have received some type of parking space this year.
And, if we don't value a 7 year consistent contributor at Rivers Street donation levels, we are taking a step in the wrong direction.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:18 pm

This is a Mongolian C.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:11 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:45 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
If someone has given enough to qualify for a space in Rivers for 7 years, they have likely donated $3500 over the past 7 years + likely another $500 this year. i really don't think that we've had enough newbies that have joined the Yosef and donated over $4000 to leap frog them out of a spot. In fact, even if the number was half of that ($2K), I don't think we've had a ton of new members at that level. Hence, joshjj23 should have received some type of parking space this year.
And, if we don't value a 7 year consistent contributor at Rivers Street donation levels, we are taking a step in the wrong direction.
You would think we would be hearing stories of everyone being knocked down a notch and mainly people getting no parking would be coming out of the legends lot. I cannot imagine what the logic is.

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:57 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:

You would think we would be hearing stories of everyone being knocked down a notch and mainly people getting no parking would be coming out of the legends lot. I cannot imagine what the logic is.
I chose to move down a few lot tiers since requirements increased and is increasing again next year. Get a new spot in a lot that works better for the family. Didn't technically get bumped, I guess I could have bumped someone else. My apologies! I know several others that chose to move to a lower tier lot based on current and future increases also.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:48 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:45 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
I have no clue. Is parking based upon cumulative giving or based on one year gift? If one year gift and people believe it should be cumulative...then Yosef Club members should petition the Athletics Department and/ot whomever allocates parking to YC members. If the rules are based upon one year giving, each YC member knows the rules as well as the increase in demand that the UNC game would bring.

Personally, I believe it should be cumulative if it is not, I do not make the rules.
In addition, as said above..if certain people were called to inquire if they wanted to keep spot by giving more and others not. That is an issue.
I am not going to speculate as to what new members gave or did not give compared to existing members cumulatively or for just one year as I am not in the back office running YC. If the rules are cumulative and someone believes that their cumulative donations have to be more than a newbie, they should contact the ticket office.
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
#99ForPresident!!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:25 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm
joshjj23 wrote:
Just found out I didn't get parking. Been season ticket holder for 7 years. Always parked in rivers. Shitty part is I just found out they actually called my friend and asked him for more money to park there. Why did some people get that option and some didn't?
Josh, have you called the Yosef Club and asked someone? It is possible, this was an honest mistake.

Mountaineers89

Unread post by Mountaineers89 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:54 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:25 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:30 pm
joshjj23 wrote:
Josh, have you called the Yosef Club and asked someone? It is possible, this was an honest mistake.
One thing I noticed was the amount increased from past years. I believe Rivers Street deck was $500 in years past and was $650 for this year. Maybe some people didn't notice the increase?

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:22 am

Are the rules for Yosef Club parking written down anywhere?

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:27 am

ASU84 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:22 am
Posting again. Scroll down the page at this link.

https://mountaineersathleticfund.com/yo ... index.html

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:27 am

ASU84 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:22 am
The only thing I know about it this, and I wouldn't particularly say those are considered rules. If anybody has a long text version of rules I'd love for them to share!

appbud

Unread post by appbud » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:10 am

I know the amount that we give would qualify for another lot but the wife prefers the rivers street deck so that’s what I request each year and was fortunate enough to get it again this year.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 am

I read this as annual giving and not cumulative giving. Someone else may interpret it differently.
As such, there could be some newbies that gave more this year due to UNC coming to town...and would bump an existing member if they gave more.
That is too bad in my opinion.
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:18 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 am
I read this as annual giving and not cumulative giving. Someone else may interpret it differently.
As such, there could be some newbies that gave more this year due to UNC coming to town...and would bump an existing member if they gave more.
I believe that annual giving allows you access to a certain lot, but does not guarantee you a spot. That’s where the points come in. So if the lot has 100 spaces and you have 101 people all donate the minimum to get into that lot, the 100 highest ranking in YC get the spots. Theoretically speaking.

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 am

appbud wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:10 am
I know the amount that we give would qualify for another lot but the wife prefers the rivers street deck so that’s what I request each year and was fortunate enough to get it again this year.
How is the Rivers Street Deck? I wish they would give designated spots there; especially up on the roof. I am seriously considering moving depending on how tailgating goes this year with us. We tailgate early enough that I don’t think we would have to worry about getting a good spot.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:05 am

ASUGrad2014 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:46 am
appbud wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:10 am
How is the Rivers Street Deck? I wish they would give designated spots there; especially up on the roof. I am seriously considering moving depending on how tailgating goes this year with us. We tailgate early enough that I don’t think we would have to worry about getting a good spot.
River street is extremely convenient and the tailgating is pretty good. Going by my parking pass on river street roof…it looks like we have a predetermined actual spot assigned already. In past years it was first come first serve . What was happening was people were getting into the deck then taking there pass back out to other cars .

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:14 am
I truly get the frustration and confusion. There are clearly some communication issues. But i don't get the "bumped" thing. All donors should be appreciated and communicated with. But rather than being "bumped" some may have simply been passed. Clemson's IPTAY stands for I Pay Ten A Year. I suspect $10 doesn't get you what it once did in Pickens County.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:34 am

A possible problem that could exist for those booted from their spaces is that their priority points never transferred to the new system.

My points never transferred. I emailed and called but nothing ever happened. I stopped buying season tickets after 2020 so I became less concerned. I previously had a Rivers Street deck pass.

I switched my donations to other university funds and now only maintain the minimum Yosef Club amount.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:49 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
I could understand them not getting in the same lot, but if they gave enough to be in Rivers Street they should have been high enough up to still get into one of the lower level lots like HHS or Legends. They only way that wouldn't be possible is if those bottom tier lots that have a minimum of $100-250 are full of people $500 and up. If so then so be it.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”