Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football Parking 2022

CLTApp11
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football Parking 2022

Unread post by CLTApp11 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:29 pm

TractorApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:56 pm
Bush league and cowardly. I’m convinced they knew about this all along and waited till now to tell us. I have never had a positive experience dealing with the Yosef Club and I started contributing at a low level back in the 80’s. Gonna cool off a little, but this may be the straw the breaks the camel’s back. North Greenville College is right up the road from where I live and I think they would appreciate my $500/year donation and season ticket purchase more than Yosef does.
You're right, they have known about this since at least February or so and it's been stated multiple times since then. People kept saying they want more transparency and opportunities for direct communications with athletics so they started doing Zoom calls about once a quarter. All active Yosef Club members should be receiving email invites to join said calls but the 2 or 3 I've joined seem to have a lot of the same people on them. You have Doug Banks and Patrick Ransdell doing most of the talking and I know they've mentioned in both of the meetings I've joined this year that UNC would be a sellout, we had a chance to sell out season tickets, and we would not have enough parking to meet the demand. That's why I'm having a hard time sympathizing with some of y'all.

CLTApp11

Unread post by CLTApp11 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:34 pm

Pisgahman1 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:32 pm
I know tickets are are being sent electronically, but what about parking tags?Anyone perhaps know?
IIRC, parking passes will be mailed out in a couple weeks.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:38 pm

CLTApp11 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:29 pm
TractorApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:56 pm
Bush league and cowardly. I’m convinced they knew about this all along and waited till now to tell us. I have never had a positive experience dealing with the Yosef Club and I started contributing at a low level back in the 80’s. Gonna cool off a little, but this may be the straw the breaks the camel’s back. North Greenville College is right up the road from where I live and I think they would appreciate my $500/year donation and season ticket purchase more than Yosef does.
You're right, they have known about this since at least February or so and it's been stated multiple times since then. People kept saying they want more transparency and opportunities for direct communications with athletics so they started doing Zoom calls about once a quarter. All active Yosef Club members should be receiving email invites to join said calls but the 2 or 3 I've joined seem to have a lot of the same people on them. You have Doug Banks and Patrick Ransdell doing most of the talking and I know they've mentioned in both of the meetings I've joined this year that UNC would be a sellout, we had a chance to sell out season tickets, and we would not have enough parking to meet the demand. That's why I'm having a hard time sympathizing with some of y'all.
Tractor I’ve spoke to a few long time donor’s today and while that hits hard.. you are spot on . Yosef club has been a daunting task for more years than I can count.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:04 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:49 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:38 pm
I think the game does help with recruiting. It showcases a packed house and great environment to play in. If I were a recruit, I want to play in a great atmosphere with packed houses. Is it at the top of my list, no. My comfortability with coaching staff, winning culture, and comfort level on campus, etc. are higher. However, if it is a close decision between two schools, knowing I will play in a packed house does factor in my decision
I think the atmosphere does influence some kids in our favor. And all of what you said is also true. But there is a ceiling to that influence and while it the atmosphere will could help sway kids on the fence with other G5s, I don’t think that it makes a difference when a kid is picking between us and a P5.
94 you’ve got to be the all time leading poster by far. You’ve answered every post .
He knows everything....i mean hell he has been a season ticket holder for two years. He has wisdom.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:27 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:53 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
I think the game does help with recruiting. It showcases a packed house and great environment to play in. If I were a recruit, I want to play in a great atmosphere with packed houses. Is it at the top of my list, no. My comfortability with coaching staff, winning culture, and comfort level on campus, etc. are higher. However, if it is a close decision between two schools, knowing I will play in a packed house does factor in my decision
I think the atmosphere does influence some kids in our favor. And all of what you said is also true. But there is a ceiling to that influence and while it the atmosphere will could help sway kids on the fence with other G5s, I don’t think that it makes a difference when a kid is picking between us and a P5.
94 you’ve got to be the all time leading poster by far. You’ve answered every post .
He knows everything....i mean hell he has been a season ticket holder for two years. He has wisdom.
Although I may disagree with with '94 response, what does it matter if your a 50 year season ticket, 1 year season ticket holder or not a ticket holder at all as it relates to the particular topic being discussed.....which is what may factor into the decision making of a recruit.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:48 am

mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Thank you, I think. :D

I’m just trying to help out where I can. I moved back to North Carolina a couple of years ago after living in Florida for close to 25 years. I had season tickets for a few years while living there and made it back for as many games as I could.

Since coming back, I’ve become more engaged with the AD, YC and the Alumni Office. I’ve gotten to know a great many of them well enough that we can have open conversations without the pc bullspit. Im not going to speak to those conversations on here but maybe provide some insight as to why it is. i.e. baseball and recruiting. I also communicate with them when I see a problem with people on here so that they can help out in getting it rectified if possible.

There is a lot of bitching and moaning on this site about issues in general that can be solved by sending an email or picking up a phone. For those that are willing to do that, I’m willing to do what I can to assist. But I really have no patience for those that want to come on here and grouse about how their self entitlement is being infringed upon.

I get that I may rub people the wrong way with my pragmatic approach and need to explain what they are missing in the picture. It happens. You can’t please everyone. Hell, Gonzo irritates the crap out of me on here, but IRL, he is a solid dude and a great family man. And I have a lot of downtime with my job so I am on here a lot.

That’s my story. I hope it helps explain my active engagement on here.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:27 am
spacemonkey wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Although I may disagree with with '94 response, what does it matter if your a 50 year season ticket, 1 year season ticket holder or not a ticket holder at all as it relates to the particular topic being discussed.....which is what may factor into the decision making of a recruit.
Thanks. And for the record, if anyone cares, I’m also in the top 10% of YC. So I’m not just a newb because I’ve only had season tickets for two years.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:54 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:29 pm
When or lose, how do you actually think that this affects recruiting? We didn’t gain any advantages to recruiting when we won in 2019. Inquiring minds want to know.
Actually it did help us. It was a big part of why we were ranked, which gave us more attention and opened eyes of HS coaches and players. Does it sway us over P5s? Possibly some but for the most part no. It can absolutely separate us from the rest of our league and G5 schools though. It would be a big statement win and even open the eyes of players who are looking at P5s. Maybe it makes them want to visit Boone to see how we do things and they fall in love? You never know.

I remember one of our coaches telling me and some others back in 2000s that we use to get 1 out of every 4 players we offered prior to the national title but after that our hit rate improved big time and did so again after Michigan.

It would be another big win that we can point to. The atmosphere can be something that makes some fall in love with Boone after seeing a big win over UNC at home. It certainly does not hurt us and only raises our profile among G5s at least.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:03 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:51 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:27 am
spacemonkey wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Thanks. And for the record, if anyone cares, I’m also in the top 10% of YC. So I’m not just a newb because I’ve only had season tickets for two years.
I know some in the same boat as you. I had family and friends who lived far away and gave to the program but didn’t get season tickets because they could not come to every game. They came when they could and that’s all you can ask for and that was back in the 90s.

Many do want to just complain on here and need to realize that stuff like this was going to happen when we moved up. I knew we would have to increase giving for tickets and the YC.

My only thing is that we don’t want to alienate those who helped build this place to begin with. How many fans on here were at the Boise State game in 90s, Montana semis game, saw us beat SC in person in the 70s, saw Settle and Hackett in person, were there when Coakley went off on Wake Forest, went to all 3 title games, Michigan, and all the other big moments prior to moving up? We have many people who bought gold seats back in the 70s and were promised they would keep them for life if they paid it all in full up front before they were ready because App needed the money. Those people who did it have been pushed out of those seats and that is flat wrong. We have several pissed off to this day whose names were on those seats and had them taken off. Some who had parking spots in the first 5-7 rows of the stadium lot for decades and had them taken away. I don't think points were accurately tabulated from the 60s-early 2000s at all and some have been screwed.

Do we need to add more parking spots or what? Maybe the AD and YC leadership should invite all those old time givers in and have talks. I know of cases where people I have come across just wanted a call and personal conversation with perhaps a compromise and never got it. Hopefully we are trying to improve things because I do feel our YC leadership and others have missed a lot of opportunities and we have seen the ball dropped several times. David Ware even brought it up on 24/7 and when he said some of the issues he has noticed I was thinking those were probably just 30% of the total issues we have had.

What we don't want is to add younger givers and lose all those over 55 or 60 who helped build this place for sure. We need to keep all those old guard folks and add new younger givers as well. These who are giving big amounts for today under 45 years old will be the ones mad in 25 years if we see a new crop making way more money come in and push them back.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:33 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:03 pm
What we don't want is to add younger givers and lose all those over 55 or 60 who helped build this place for sure. We need to keep all those old guard folks and add new younger givers as well. These who are giving big amounts for today under 45 years old will be the ones mad in 25 years if we see a new crop making way more money come in and push them back.
I agree with everything you said except this part. If I make it to my 60's Lord willing, and they decide that the premium seats require a 5k donation and good parking on campus requires a 5k donation and I can't afford that and I get pushed out because of the new crop, then that'll be what it'll be. As long as I can park somewhere and get tickets somewhere I'll be content.

I get the sentiment that long-term supporters are owed something, but to me, dollars are dollars. The whole thing is about fundraising; those that give more should get more.

However, I do think that for that to be a fair system they need to make sure with 100% certainty all priority points are accounted for. There should NEVER be a chance for a new donor donating 5k their first year to bump someone who has donated 1k each year for 20 years. All about priority points. And I really do hate that about the gold seats, that was a very shortsighted and wrong thing to do (sort of like the donations for parking this year that weren't given parking, they should absolutely offer to give that money back to those people who didn't receive parking and let the people decide if they want it or not).

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:46 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:33 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:03 pm
I agree with everything you said except this part. If I make it to my 60's Lord willing, and they decide that the premium seats require a 5k donation and good parking on campus requires a 5k donation and I can't afford that and I get pushed out because of the new crop, then that'll be what it'll be. As long as I can park somewhere and get tickets somewhere I'll be content.

I get the sentiment that long-term supporters are owed something, but to me, dollars are dollars. The whole thing is about fundraising; those that give more should get more.

However, I do think that for that to be a fair system they need to make sure with 100% certainty all priority points are accounted for. There should NEVER be a chance for a new donor donating 5k their first year to bump someone who has donated 1k each year for 20 years. All about priority points. And I really do hate that about the gold seats, that was a very shortsighted and wrong thing to do (sort of like the donations for parking this year that weren't given parking, they should absolutely offer to give that money back to those people who didn't receive parking and let the people decide if they want it or not).
I did not mean just parking per se but in general pushing them back and not fulfilling promises. All promises need to have contracts given to people so they have it in writing. Many from back in the 70s got screwed big time. It feels like they do anything to get our money and sometimes don't care if we get screwed. Those things will catch up to them and hurt giving over the long haul. Our AD needs to have integrity or else how can they expect to get loyalty back!

It is about dollars but my point was that we don't want to make those people mad and lose their dollars. They have a lot of knowledge and experience and should be appreciated. They could start by giving those gold seats back to original owners, maybe expand that section so those who bought recently are not put out and order the gold seats by points, refund those who were not given parking, and fix all other issues. Everything can be done. It is just not good to look to the future and say screw the bad stuff we did in the past.

I want to keep adding new alumni every year and also maintain those long time givers. Doing the right thing will ensure we can do both.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:19 pm

I know I'm going to catch heat for saying this...and I know as a media member my situation is a little different than most...but 9 pages of complaints added to multiple attempts to get a concrete answer on "how much do I need to give to get tickets and parking" and being told "there is no concrete number" is a big reason I am not currently interested in buying season tickets or securing parking. It's the reason my group of 5 or 6 who used to go to every game don't do it anymore. It's one giant cluster****, every Yosef member is competing with every other Yosef member to out donate and secure parking who could then get bumped by another higher donor.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:35 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:19 pm
I know I'm going to catch heat for saying this...and I know as a media member my situation is a little different than most...but 9 pages of complaints added to multiple attempts to get a concrete answer on "how much do I need to give to get tickets and parking" and being told "there is no concrete number" is a big reason I am not currently interested in buying season tickets or securing parking. It's the reason my group of 5 or 6 who used to go to every game don't do it anymore. It's one giant cluster****, every Yosef member is competing with every other Yosef member to out donate and secure parking who could then get bumped by another higher donor.
No heat. It is a cluster**** and has been for years. Patrick Ransdell came from UCF in mid December so this is his first football season from the start. There has been a lot of progress made in terms membership and ticket sales, but clearly there is so much more to do. One of my first questions that I plan to ask him is “What did you learn from this ?” 2nd question, “What’s the plan to fix the issues going forward?”

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:51 pm

Hey Armantiwatersafety...not sure how old you are but if you will go back and look at nascar it is a perfect example of pushing out the old guard. Nascar was built on the working class...it grew and grew and then the money people showed up and decided to raise prices, push people out of the infield for corporate people, started charging for parking places and kept raising the prices to a level where the working class decided to do something else. The working class quit going and seats were and still are plentiful. The people that made it fun quit going. Be careful what you wish for...you may get it. I truly love Apps growth but too much can be too much. I am not pulling for failure but it can happen.

P.S. just had a successful race with a lot of people in N.Wilksboro....seats were pretty cheap.

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:56 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:35 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
No heat. It is a cluster**** and has been for years. Patrick Ransdell came from UCF in mid December so this is his first football season from the start. There has been a lot of progress made in terms membership and ticket sales, but clearly there is so much more to do. One of my first questions that I plan to ask him is “What did you learn from this ?” 2nd question, “What’s the plan to fix the issues going forward?”
This explains the $ required pretty well.

https://mountaineersathleticfund.com/yo ... index.html

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:27 pm

Appst86 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:56 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

"The Yosef Club requires the following minimum donation thresholds be met for parking consideration. Availability is limited and not guaranteed."

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:40 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:27 pm
Appst86 wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:56 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
APPdiesel wrote:

"The Yosef Club requires the following minimum donation thresholds be met for parking consideration. Availability is limited and not guaranteed."
Well, there you go.
WE ARE YOSEF!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:45 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:51 pm
Hey Armantiwatersafety...not sure how old you are but if you will go back and look at nascar it is a perfect example of pushing out the old guard. Nascar was built on the working class...it grew and grew and then the money people showed up and decided to raise prices, push people out of the infield for corporate people, started charging for parking places and kept raising the prices to a level where the working class decided to do something else. The working class quit going and seats were and still are plentiful. The people that made it fun quit going. Be careful what you wish for...you may get it. I truly love Apps growth but too much can be too much. I am not pulling for failure but it can happen.

P.S. just had a successful race with a lot of people in N.Wilksboro....seats were pretty cheap.
Not at all a proponent of pushing out the old guard.

Again, right now we have a priority system that is essentially predicated on people above us quitting and/or reducing their donation to not meet the minimum. To me that accomplishes two things:

1) It encourages those in the "premium" lots to continue to donate the minimum requirement to stay in their lot and gives no incentive to them to ever increase their donation above the minimum
2) It discourages those in lower lots to donate more because there is literally ZERO way to get moved up into a premium lot unless someone above decides to decrease their giving level below the minimum for the lot

Not only that, we have to rely on message board conjecture for this information to get to us. As others have noted, emails and phone calls often go unreturned. I've sent several emails to several people and have never received a reply to any of them.

There are a plethora of problems at the end of the day. There is no easy fix, but that's just my opinion on it, and I'm done beating a dead horse. FWIW, App seems to be in favor of your opinion due to their email saying "Due to loyalty, we keep people in the same spot if they meet the minimum" so I guess that's that.

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Thu Aug 04, 2022 3:47 pm

I spoke with someone at the Yosef club who flat out told me the reason some people who had parking passes don't this year, is new season ticket holders. So, this whole, they value longevity thing is simply BS. My response to the Yosef club person, who was very nice, was; I hope bumping long-term season ticket holders for "Tar Heel come latelys" doesn't turn out to be as short sighted as I believe it to be. I told her I doubted most of those new season ticket holders would renew next year, be they Carolina grads or otherwise...I added I hope I'm wrong. App State football deserves this many season ticket holders and more.

Personally, I've hard enough time talking my wife into spending our money on tickets and modest Yosef Club increases every season. Even so, I was, this close to convincing her we should make a major donation pre-covid but after the look on her face when I broke the news regarding the parking; well shit, I just can't wait for season renewal time. Bitch session over; thanks for listening.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:03 pm

Gosh, this was a good and frankly interesting read. My only question is: why would anyone expect to pay 2015 prices in 2022?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”