Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football Parking 2022

booneboy92
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football Parking 2022

Unread post by booneboy92 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:26 pm

I hate to think this way, but I've just got a feeling that come April, 2023 this issue will have worked itself out. I'm thinking a lot of these new Yosef members (including SYC) won't renew next year because there won't be a $150, overly demanded ticket on the schedule. They weren't giving before, so what's their incentive after this season? Also (and God forbid!), if we happen to have an 8 win season, I feel like there will be an overabundance of parking and seats next year. Shouldn't be that way, but it will just be our "fanbase" being themselves...

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:31 pm

booneboy92 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:26 pm
I hate to think this way, but I've just got a feeling that come April, 2023 this issue will have worked itself out. I'm thinking a lot of these new Yosef members (including SYC) won't renew next year because there won't be a $150, overly demanded ticket on the schedule. They weren't giving before, so what's their incentive after this season? Also (and God forbid!), if we happen to have an 8 win season, I feel like there will be an overabundance of parking and seats next year. Shouldn't be that way, but it will just be our "fanbase" being themselves...
Seems possible. I don’t have the feeling that it will be extreme. We had our highest attendance last year without the Carolina game and that included two weeknight games. There could be a situation where people saw attendance last year and decided to get in while they can. We will see after this season.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:35 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:31 pm
booneboy92 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:26 pm
Seems possible. I don’t have the feeling that it will be extreme. We had our highest attendance last year without the Carolina game and that included two weeknight games. There could be a situation where people saw attendance last year and decided to get in while they can. We will see after this season.
Great point! I haven't thought about it like that, and that's a positive way of looking at it. I hope you're right. That would make it a good problem to have!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:29 pm

Whether it works itself out or not, it seems that there needs to be a more formalized process in order to provide feedback to YC members. Personally, I believe that a YC member should be able to call YC and have them show them how/why a particular YC member did not.get parking. Going back to spreadsheet idea. You can show results and retract personal information...and say YC member this is you on the list. This is why etc. This is the customer service side of the equation. A particular YC member may not be happy...but would have to understand..and have appreciation for the process. As of now, we have over 500 people not real happy posting here, FB, Twitter, (you name the site) about not having full transparency and conspiracy theories that they have potentially been screwed out of a parking space....I realize that we have a small shop...so timeliness of replies may take a day or week....but when you do reply, you got to have the right process to answer even if the answer is not what someone wants to hear ...they will get over the "what they do not want to hear..but ..will get over it and eventually appreciate the process. Just my opinion
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:44 pm

Has anyone having issues called or emailed the YC and received a satisfactory explanation and resolution?

mikeyosef

Unread post by mikeyosef » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:56 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:44 pm
Has anyone having issues called or emailed the YC and received a satisfactory explanation and resolution?
I called and first left a message. When I didn't receive a call back, I reached out again. I spoke with a nice you woman who seemed to appreciate how I felt and said I was definitely not alone. She also said that the department there was dividing the calls up and would be returning calls this week, trying to help on a case by case basis. She also offered, the club is in discussions with the University to free up some parking that has always been unavailable but she didn't offer any more specifics on that.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:25 pm

Next year would be a perfect time to rework and implement updated parking policies as the donations per ticket required will be changing. Seems these 2 things go hand in hand and it would be great if they addressed them both at the same time and the beginning of the new ticketing would be the perfect time. We may have a lot more movement with parking spaces next year, people moving up or down, or not getting parking at all, since required donations will be going up, or people who already give beyond minimums getting upgraded.

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm

I still believe priority points should be used first BUT one has to meet annual giving requirement of lot. If bigger donors continue donating large sums, their priority points will quickly catch up. A donor only depending on priority points with minimum, lot required, giving will lose ground eventually to larger donors. We need a reshuffle after this year- do it by points first. Larger, really all, new donors will be put where their new donation’s points align them. If they continue to give larger amounts, they will quickly move up to lot of their choice.

JTApps1

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:49 pm

mikeyosef wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:56 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:44 pm
I called and first left a message. When I didn't receive a call back, I reached out again. I spoke with a nice you woman who seemed to appreciate how I felt and said I was definitely not alone. She also said that the department there was dividing the calls up and would be returning calls this week, trying to help on a case by case basis. She also offered, the club is in discussions with the University to free up some parking that has always been unavailable but she didn't offer any more specifics on that.
Several here have posted ideas for parking lots around town that could be used. I wonder if people in Boone have even thought about this? I know it seems obvious, but sometimes people in the middle of a situation can get blinders on.

A perfect example is the 105 property. Some of us thought the school should have made a deal to get that land from the county back when we gave them the property for the current HS to basically do what we're doing today with Olympic sports. When some high up officials in the athletic department were asked why we didn't do this, the response was "we never even thought about it." So have they even discussed working out a deal with WHS or mall for parking? What about trying to use the new Health Science building near the hospital?
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:51 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm
I still believe priority points should be used first BUT one has to meet annual giving requirement of lot. If bigger donors continue donating large sums, their priority points will quickly catch up. A donor only depending on priority points with minimum, lot required, giving will lose ground eventually to larger donors. We need a reshuffle after this year- do it by points first. Larger, really all, new donors will be put where their new donation’s points align them. If they continue to give larger amounts, they will quickly move up to lot of their choice.
Not to throw a wrench in that plan because it’s logical, but what do you do with a donor that gives enough to park in the Stadium Deck but wants to park in Peacock?

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 pm

After assignments let them trade with someone in Peacock.
Bring Your A Game!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:57 pm
Tough Love. I like it.

appsfan

Unread post by appsfan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:56 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Tough Love. I like it.
Or, the donor will just drop his/her donation amount to be in Peacock...

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:16 pm

YesAppCan wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:32 pm
Sound approach.And everyone , anyone ,should be able to get an explanation of why they themselves landed where they are and perhaps a "where you could be" , if that's solid.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:48 pm

appsfan wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:56 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:01 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Tough Love. I like it.
Or, the donor will just drop his/her donation amount to be in Peacock...
Yeah, I was just trying to be supportive. Unfortunately, there isn’t a one size fits all solution. Some people will be incentivized to give more, some will be incentivized to give less. The issue with the move people where they give and not where they want is that you have groups that want to tailgate together. How do you accommodate requests going forward will be interesting.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:38 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:06 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:40 pm
My understanding… Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped. Those that don’t renew their donation become available spaces. Any available spots are then allocated based on requests, giving amounts and your priority points. Consistency is the key to yosef club donations and all parking allocations. If you skip a year you go to the bottom and then you are competing against others for any available spaces the next year. The big wrinkle over the past few years is we’ve lost spaces and then gained others as the university tears down dorms and builds new dorms and parking/parking decks across the campus.
”Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped.”

That statement/assumption is totally unrealistic and impossible. We want and need new or old members to pay higher contributions going forward. With a limited supply of parking that model doesn’t work, nor is it fair.

For example, if we have 1,000 parking spaces, however they calculate rank, the top 1,000 ranked members should get first dibs, period.
As you will see they increase the minimum donation to stay each year going forward for most of the parking lots. See parking 2022 and beyond table. Hope this is helpful.

https://mountaineersathleticfund.com/yo ... index.html
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:25 am
Appstate88 wrote:
My understanding… Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped.
I have a friend that donated more this year and was still bumped.
TheMoody1, Just so I better understand…

What amount did your friend donate to YC last year. What lot was your friend assigned for 2021 football season?
What did your friend donate to YC this year? What lot was your friend assigned for 2022 football season?
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:40 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 pm
TheMoody1 wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:
My understanding… Once you get a space as long as you give the needed amount for that parking lot every year you keep your spot. You do not get bumped.

What amount did your friend donate to YC last year. What lot was your friend assigned for 2021 football season?
What did your friend donate to YC this year? What lot was your friend assigned for 2022 football season?
I don't know all the specifics. He has parked in Legends for the last several years, upped his donation this year, and didn't get a pass.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:30 pm

TheMoody1 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:40 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 pm
TheMoody1 wrote:
Appstate88 wrote:

I don't know all the specifics. He has parked in Legends for the last several years, upped his donation this year, and didn't get a pass.
Understand. He needed to give $250 last year and needed to give at least $300 to keep his spot in Legends this year according to the attached. https://mountaineersathleticfund.com/yo ... index.html
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:44 am

Looking through all this material, I'm guessing close yo half the 3,800 or so members are giving $1,000+ a year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”