Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Fifth on the Forth

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Fifth on the Forth

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 am

He who drinks a fifth on the Fourth may not be able to go forth on the fifth...or whom ever they crash into.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

yikas1

Re: Fifth on the Forth

Unread post by yikas1 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:08 am

Wow. Must be a slow sports season.

NewApp

Re: Fifth on the Forth

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:40 am

yikas1 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:08 am
Wow. Must be a slow sports season.

No. One of my best friends from high school (Sgt BJ Stogner), was a highly decorated US Marine from serving in Viet Nam. He had been through Hell. He was home two or three weeks. Was driving in a newly purchased Chevy on Highway 52 South of Albemarle,and hit head on by by a friggin' drunk driver and killed. Grave yard dead. He left a young widow. The former Dawn Barbee. Fortunately they had no children to be left without a father.
Not trying to put a bummer on anyone's drinking. Just think before you get in a vehicle to drive. Whether you've had a half a beer or a six pack. You guys can have all the bars/tailgates and alcohol you want. I'm not a do gooder nor prohibitionist. Just don't care to be around people drinking. Especially around younger people .Not saying I never drank in the past.
To boot, I can't count how many funerals I've been of high school students who were either senselessly killed by a drunken driver or themselves after drinking.

Every time I see someone drinking or drank myself, I see BJ's widow and mother crying their eyeballs out. And the mother receiving the American flag.

Drink sensibly or not at all. Don't count on knowing your own limit.

And no, it's not exactly a slow sports season. It's only 60 something days until we man handle the Tar Heels. Go Apps.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”