Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Article about Marshall's admiration of APP Football

proasu89
School: Appalachian State

Re: Article about Marshall's admiration of APP Football

Unread post by proasu89 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:05 pm

It doesn’t rile me up but Chuck Landon goes out of his way to put “Appy” in print. Kind of the way the late Keith Jarrett liked to take his jabs at us.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:07 pm

Call me what you want, if after the game is played you call me winner.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:35 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:05 pm
It doesn’t rile me up but Chuck Landon goes out of his way to put “Appy” in print. Kind of the way the late Keith Jarrett liked to take his jabs at us.
It’s cute that he thinks it gets under our skin.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:13 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:43 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:29 am
We are likely listed first or second rival for every SBC east team outside of ODU.
I would bet ODU folks list us 1 or 2 because we embarrassed them during their FBS debut seasons (yr 2-3). They thought they were ready for FBS and technically got the invite before we did. We went to their house and totally demolished them 49-zip in front of their home crowd. They thought they were ahead of us in the move up game. We proved we were the real deal and they still had a long way to go. It was demoralizing to them. They returned to our house and we still manhandled them 31-7. They want what we have so that puts us near the top of their wish list.
I remember that 49-0 game. Realized I forgot my tickets an hour into the drive, fortunately I had time to turn around and still make kick off. Pretty dead atmosphere on campus that game day. Could have been the rain or the fact football wasn't really that popular at ODU at the time. I assume it's a better experience now.

The outcome was definitely enjoyable and the skill difference reminded me of the FCS days playing Mars Hill. Had some good pizza at a Your Pie franchise location close by owned by an App State alum.

We are very fortunate and owe a great deal of thanks to Satterfield for such a smooth transition. Past couple of years haven't been what we wanted overall, but coming up on 10 years since moving up, I'd say overall it's been great, and the fan support has continued to grow.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 pm

We can fuss about nicknames or which program is our biggest rival to our hearts' content.

But think back to March, 2013 when App announced it was moving to FBS/Sun Belt: if someone told you
  • App's two oldest rivals (GASO, Marshall) and another hated rival (JMU) would all be conference foes within the next 10 years, AND
  • Two more big-time conference rivalries would develop at the same time (Coastal/ULL)...
How would you have felt?
Can't speak for y'all, but I would've been PUMPED.

I think it's going to be really competitive (and super fun) in the Sun Belt moving forward. Can't wait for football season, GO APP!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm

To say we’d have five rivals in this conference and be smack in the geographic middle of our division would be a 10/10 yes every time to joining the Sun Belt.

We had something good brewing with stAte before they fell off a cliff. So they could’ve been rival #6.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:09 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:42 pm
To say we’d have five rivals in this conference and be smack in the geographic middle of our division would be a 10/10 yes every time to joining the Sun Belt.

We had something good brewing with stAte before they fell off a cliff. So they could’ve been rival #6.
Do not forget about Troy falling off of a cliff and Georgia State is one win away from being a rival as well.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:54 pm

This conference is going to be awesome...Hopefully the conference as a whole wins enough OOC games that we can have a 2 loss team and still be considered the front runner for the NY6. The AAC used to get that nod, I think it will go to the Sunbelt going forward. We have to win OOC games as a whole to claim that when we beat up on each other in the Sunbelt East.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:04 am

It’s been a slow methodical build to this point, now it’s off to the races.

Let’s just hope beyond hope that Keith Gill doesn’t do something stupid like trying to scrap divisions for a trendy, convoluted scheduling model.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:33 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
We are likely listed first or second rival for every SBC east team outside of ODU.
I would bet ODU folks list us 1 or 2 because we embarrassed them during their FBS debut seasons (yr 2-3). They thought they were ready for FBS and technically got the invite before we did. We went to their house and totally demolished them 49-zip in front of their home crowd. They thought they were ahead of us in the move up game. We proved we were the real deal and they still had a long way to go. It was demoralizing to them. They returned to our house and we still manhandled them 31-7. They want what we have so that puts us near the top of their wish list.
I worked with one ODU football fan who talked junk to me until about 15 minutes after kickoff. He took off work the following Monday.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:59 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:33 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
I worked with one ODU football fan who talked junk to me until about 15 minutes after kickoff. He took off work the following Monday.
So would he consider us 1,2 or 3 on HIS list?

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:06 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:59 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:33 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
So would he consider us 1,2 or 3 on HIS list?
I don’t work with him anymore, but we might be only after James Madison.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”