Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tarheel's schedule just opened up two dates.

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Tarheel's schedule just opened up two dates.

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:32 pm

https://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc-liber ... /20350081/

Liberty had to cancel three games due to conf-USA. They have already filled one but 2028 and 2031 are open. A home and home with the heels would be a great get.

Seattleapp

Re: Tarheel's schedule just opened up two dates.

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:40 am

The last paragraph seemed unnecessary to be honest as it had nothing to do with why they cancelled the series

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:40 am
The last paragraph seemed unnecessary to be honest as it had nothing to do with why they cancelled the series
Create controversy even where none exists. The media is out of control.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:12 am

Appst86 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 am
Seattleapp wrote:
It makes sense that Liberty was not invited to join the Sunbelt. One they are not a state university and two, the controversy they would bring to the conference. Sort of like a university recruiting an athlete, no matter how good they are, do you really want all the problems they are having at your school with the law and grades?

Smart schools recruit athletes that are coachable and do not have problems with their grades. (App has been really good at doing just that.)

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 am

Appst86 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
uhh plenty of controversy exists. They didn't even mention how Liberty sells poor Christians a worthless online education, gives them nothing, gets tax free $$$ from us in student loans, and transfers that to athletics or friends of falwell.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am

I didn't mean for this to be about Liberty....I meant future scheduling opportunity. Tarheels have two opportunities to sell a lot of tickets for both App and the Heels.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:31 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am
I didn't mean for this to be about Liberty....I meant future scheduling opportunity. Tarheels have two opportunities to sell a lot of tickets for both App and the Heels.
I know you didn’t. I wasn’t trying to hijack your thread. Sorry I kinda did. UNC will wait to see how our game goes in sept before committing 😂
Last edited by Seattleapp on Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 am
Appst86 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
uhh plenty of controversy exists. They didn't even mention how Liberty sells poor Christians a worthless online education, gives them nothing, gets tax free $$$ from us in student loans, and transfers that to athletics or friends of falwell.
Not defending Liberty as I have no allegiance to them in any way, but the article could have easily left out the last paragraph as it had zero to do with why the series was cancelled. That’s the point of inserting controversy where there was none. If the “investigative reporter” as he calls himself wants to dig in and write an expose about Liberty, cool, but to throw that in at the end to give the impression that UNC cancelling the series over some moral high ground stance is dishonest at best and looks like the writer is inserting his personal opinion in what should be an innocuous story.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:05 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:38 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
Appst86 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Not defending Liberty as I have no allegiance to them in any way, but the article could have easily left out the last paragraph as it had zero to do with why the series was cancelled. That’s the point of inserting controversy where there was none. If the “investigative reporter” as he calls himself wants to dig in and write an expose about Liberty, cool, but to throw that in at the end to give the impression that UNC cancelling the series over some moral high ground stance is dishonest at best and looks like the writer is inserting his personal opinion in what should be an innocuous story.
I agree, UNC has no moral high ground

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:17 am

Seattleapp wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
Appst86 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
thats a good point. I agree.

As a counterpoint, he could have included the liberty paragraph, and ended with a bit about UNC creating a decades long sham involving fake classes and fake majors in order to defraud their student athletes, enrich a couple of old white guys in dean smith and roy williams, and shamelessly build their basketball brand.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:30 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:17 am
Seattleapp wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
Appst86 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
thats a good point. I agree.

As a counterpoint, he could have included the liberty paragraph, and ended with a bit about UNC creating a decades long sham involving fake classes and fake majors in order to defraud their student athletes, enrich a couple of old white guys in dean smith and roy williams, and shamelessly build their basketball brand.
Perhaps the author was alluding to the real reason the series was cancelled?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:21 pm

Wouldn't the move to C-USA also impact our 2024 and 2031 games against Liberty?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:51 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Appst86 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
The article was about the series being canceled because Liberty is joining a conference, yet the author chose to take a dig at Liberty University because he/she apparently has differing views. Not necessary. Report sports news in the sports section, voice your opinion on the editorial page.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 pm

It has taken this long for Liberty to get an invitation to join a conference because of their stands about certain subjects. It is all about their politics which have nothing to do with sports that have caused their setbacks with conference affiliation.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:59 pm

Tolerant bunch aren't we? Seattle's right, leave it alone. It's not like there's a moral high ground between these two. Although the writer did accomplish getting some clicks on an otherwise unclickable story. good for him.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:28 pm

Just read article and agree the last paragraph was totally uncalled for. Total dig at Liberty as others have said. IMO, when I read an article with that type of comment it only reflects poorly on the writer, tells me he is a jerk.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:05 pm

Pulled from the writer's profile. Not suggesting the comments about Liberty are political (Or false) but that's definitely a political writing style. Especially in today's politics.

If I wasn’t working in sports I would be:

a political reporter
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:08 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:05 pm
Pulled from the writer's profile. Not suggesting the comments about Liberty are political (Or false) but that's definitely a political writing style. Especially in today's politics.

If I wasn’t working in sports I would be:

a political reporter
Well there ya go

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am

AppWyo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 pm
It has taken this long for Liberty to get an invitation to join a conference because of their stands about certain subjects. It is all about their politics which have nothing to do with sports that have caused their setbacks with conference affiliation.
Again. Not the point of the article. You obviously have issues with liberty which is your right but it’s causing you to gloss over the very real fact that the writer inserted a pointless cheap shot to push his own opinion and agenda. One you happen to agree with which is why you are defending it.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am
AppWyo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 pm
Again. Not the point of the article. You obviously have issues with liberty which is your right but it’s causing you to gloss over the very real fact that the writer inserted a pointless cheap shot to push his own opinion and agenda. One you happen to agree with which is why you are defending it.
I believe you are right.

I find it interesting that often times people read an article about something, if they agree with the article, it is well written, but if they disagree, it was a poorly written. The editor is the person who has the real power in anything that is published.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”