Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Tarheel's schedule just opened up two dates.

Saint3333

Re: Tarheel's schedule just opened up two dates.

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:26 am

Imagine a “writer” bringing up UNCCH’s academic scandal every time they’re mentioned.

Clown show.

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:08 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am
AppWyo wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 pm
It has taken this long for Liberty to get an invitation to join a conference because of their stands about certain subjects. It is all about their politics which have nothing to do with sports that have caused their setbacks with conference affiliation.
Again. Not the point of the article. You obviously have issues with liberty which is your right but it’s causing you to gloss over the very real fact that the writer inserted a pointless cheap shot to push his own opinion and agenda. One you happen to agree with which is why you are defending it.
I believe you are right.

I find it interesting that often times people read an article about something, if they agree with the article, it is well written, but if they disagree, it was a poorly written. The editor is the person who has the real power in anything that is published.
Just to reiterate a point that someone made above, the article was about a "mutual agreement" to cancel the contract for certain games. The logical reasoning was that one school was moving INTO a conference apparently needing some of those dates for conference scheduling. THEN he decides to slam one of the schools for something he perceives as a negative. The point is the other school has plenty of dirty laundry that is widely known as fact yet he doesn't bother to mention any of that. So he slams one school and gives a pass to the other. When I see that type of "one-way opinion writing" artificially slipped into an otherwise "informative article" is easy to get an opinion of the writer and it is not fair journalism.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:45 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:08 pm
AppWyo wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:55 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am
AppWyo wrote:
It has taken this long for Liberty to get an invitation to join a conference because of their stands about certain subjects. It is all about their politics which have nothing to do with sports that have caused their setbacks with conference affiliation.
Again. Not the point of the article. You obviously have issues with liberty which is your right but it’s causing you to gloss over the very real fact that the writer inserted a pointless cheap shot to push his own opinion and agenda. One you happen to agree with which is why you are defending it.
I believe you are right.

I find it interesting that often times people read an article about something, if they agree with the article, it is well written, but if they disagree, it was a poorly written. The editor is the person who has the real power in anything that is published.
Just to reiterate a point that someone made above, the article was about a "mutual agreement" to cancel the contract for certain games. The logical reasoning was that one school was moving INTO a conference apparently needing some of those dates for conference scheduling. THEN he decides to slam one of the schools for something he perceives as a negative. The point is the other school has plenty of dirty laundry that is widely known as fact yet he doesn't bother to mention any of that. So he slams one school and gives a pass to the other. When I see that type of "one-way opinion writing" artificially slipped into an otherwise "informative article" is easy to get an opinion of the writer and it is not fair journalism.
That is the easiest way for people to not notice your faults, point out the faults of others.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:26 pm

And it seems to me that the holes got the easiest "partnerships" in the upcoming schedule as per yearly opponents. No Clemson, No VT, No Miami, No FSU, the traditional marquee programs
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:33 pm

Appst86 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:51 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 am
Appst86 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:40 am
The last paragraph seemed unnecessary to be honest as it had nothing to do with why they cancelled the series
Create controversy even where none exists. The media is out of control.
uhh plenty of controversy exists. They didn't even mention how Liberty sells poor Christians a worthless online education, gives them nothing, gets tax free $$$ from us in student loans, and transfers that to athletics or friends of falwell.
The article was about the series being canceled because Liberty is joining a conference, yet the author chose to take a dig at Liberty University because he/she apparently has differing views. Not necessary. Report sports news in the sports section, voice your opinion on the editorial page.
Yeah, someone needs to tell this to ESPN. Their "Blue Church" political narrative is unwanted by people who just want sports entertainment. Maybe CNN should start a sports channel so they can compete with Dizzney on this level? Or maybe not...because it would be difficult to compete when the two network's products would be nearly identical.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:01 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:29 am
Appst86 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:57 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:40 am
The last paragraph seemed unnecessary to be honest as it had nothing to do with why they cancelled the series
Create controversy even where none exists. The media is out of control.
uhh plenty of controversy exists. They didn't even mention how Liberty sells poor Christians a worthless online education, gives them nothing, gets tax free $$$ from us in student loans, and transfers that to athletics or friends of falwell.
I thought JF, Jr was out after his scandal. Is the pervert back now?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Appst86

Unread post by Appst86 » Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:17 am

AppWyo wrote:
I think you are correct; they have not received an invitation because of their conservative stance on many social issues. I would guess about half of America agrees with Liberty's stance on "certain subjects." I would wager that 99% of university administrators and > 90% of the news/sports media disagree with Liberty. Thus, the disagreement is amplified by those with the bullhorn making it appear they are further out of the mainstream than they actually are.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:32 am

Liberty did not get invitations to ANY conference prior to the CUSA crisis. The political stances they had taken were one issue, but their overall academic profile were a huge issue and the incredibly deep pockets they have relative to "peers" they would be competing against is yet another. The issue isn't just one dimensional.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:05 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:32 am
Liberty did not get invitations to ANY conference prior to the CUSA crisis. The political stances they had taken were one issue, but their overall academic profile were a huge issue and the incredibly deep pockets they have relative to "peers" they would be competing against is yet another. The issue isn't just one dimensional.
I guess I feel the way I do about Liberty, because I wanted them in the Sunbelt Conference, but in retrospect, I am glad that they are not in the Sunbelt. Especially with the schools that are in the Sunbelt.

Most all of the Sunbelt Schools got their start as teacher training schools with FCS roots. All of the Sunbelt Schools are public universities that play second fiddle to other FBS programs in their respective states. Which gives all the Sunbelt teams that chip on their shoulder that you need to be to be continually better.

Let those teams fight over their super conferences while the Sunbelt plays the games that those conferences say they want, regional rivalries every weekend during football season.

Most of the current Sunbelt schools were I-AA or FCS power houses that experienced real playoffs not an invitational fake playoff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”