Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

10k season tickets sold, Most ever

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: 10k season tickets sold, Most ever

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:46 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:30 am
There should be a lot of single game tickets for that game.
At $250 a pop, I would guess. That's $500 for the two of us. I would love to have two, but I don't play the lottery.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:56 pm

You don’t have to drink alcohol either to go to a bar. Club soda and lime has been my go to several times when I don’t want to drink but want others to think I’m drinking so they leave me alone. Pro tip.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:56 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:39 pm
If you're that far into the sticks, how will you pick up the radio broadcast? If you have internet, ask a teenager for a streaming site that you can watch for free
Not in the sticks by far. But I get it WKBC just fine.. There is not a sports bar in my town that carries the App games. And the one that is, I wouldn't take my young son into. Now if I was Harley rider, it would work out just fine. Like I say, I don't drink (since 2008) at all. Just don't enjoy being around a bunch who are drinking heavily. No problem with it, it just takes away from the enjoyment to be there.
WKBC is on the air for a reason. It's for casual fans, and those of us who can't afford $500 a pop. I don't know a teenager who has streaming. Now if you want to give me a $500 pair.... And find me a place to park closer than Foscoe....let me know. Otherwise, I have more urgent needs at present, including another esophagus dilation. Perhaps I can make another game or two this season that won't cost me $500. As well as buying some App gear for what my belly has caused me to outgrow.
Now enjoy the game and go Apps.

FWIW, do you guys suggest I don't listen to WKBC and not patronize their sponsors? If so give me a good reason.
Google SUX

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:31 pm
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 am
Literally just called. They said PP allocations will be notified by email at a later date
I can only hope they do a better job this year, although I'm not holding my breath considering the website for this year says parking allocation began on June 1st and was supposed to end on June 22nd.
Yosef Club members who pledged significant amounts for 2022 had until e-o-b on Thursday, June 30th to remit a minimum of 50% of their pledged amount to qualify to receive their tickets and parking assignments for the upcoming season. It would have been messy, at best, to assign parking before June 30th unless all of those gifts were in and accounted for. It's human nature that some people wait until the last minute to pay. I'd speculate that final parking assignment work became a top priority item as of last Friday, July 1. Throw in a long holiday weekend and they're probably hard at it today.

Patience, folks.
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:01 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:31 pm
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:59 am
Literally just called. They said PP allocations will be notified by email at a later date
I can only hope they do a better job this year, although I'm not holding my breath considering the website for this year says parking allocation began on June 1st and was supposed to end on June 22nd.
Yosef Club members who pledged significant amounts for 2022 had until e-o-b on Thursday, June 30th to remit a minimum of 50% of their pledged amount to qualify to receive their tickets and parking assignments for the upcoming season. It would have been messy, at best, to assign parking before June 30th unless all of those gifts were in and accounted for. It's human nature that some people wait until the last minute to pay. I'd speculate that final parking assignment work became a top priority item as of last Friday, July 1. Throw in a long holiday weekend and they're probably hard at it today.

Patience, folks.
Sounds good, 66, for those who can afford it . My only hope is that someone on here has to bow out at the last minute after they have already gotten their ticket. Until then, it's good ol' WKBC.
Google SUX

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:16 pm

asu66 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:47 pm

Patience, folks.
I 100% agree with you, which is why I don't understand why they'd put that on their website. Managing expectations is what breeds patience. No one would bat an eye if they said parking allocations to be completed by July 31st, but it seems that whoever is in charge of making these graphics and/or completion dates throws an arbitrary date up there every year and then people get inpatient because the date passes with no communication. I don't know why we struggle with this so much.

appstatemike

Unread post by appstatemike » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:19 pm

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:52 am
Heard there's a waiting list for season tickets now...Can anyone confirm?
I know an alumni that is a high donor, who has spoken with them about this very subject. He said they declined to answer why this is. There is also rumors that unc fans have been buying the seasons tickets because it’s cheaper to buy those and sell all the rest than to just buy the opener. Not good news at all if true..I find it weird tickets have not been released yet to the public for this game as well.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:27 am

appstatemike wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:19 pm
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
I know an alumni that is a high donor, who has spoken with them about this very subject. He said they declined to answer why this is. There is also rumors that unc fans have been buying the seasons tickets because it’s cheaper to buy those and sell all the rest than to just buy the opener. Not good news at all if true..I find it weird tickets have not been released yet to the public for this game as well.
If they are so desperate to see their Heels get beaten in KBS, let 'em buy season tickets. The other tickets will end up in App fans hands sooner or later, it would seem.
Google SUX

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:51 am

appstatemike wrote:
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
I don't believe that's accurate about a waiting list. You can buy season tickets now, but telling you your exact seat location may take a while as they sort out based on priority points. The rumors about UNC fans is accurate but it's likely a small number. Their base really doesn't care.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:29 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:51 am
appstatemike wrote:
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
I don't believe that's accurate about a waiting list. You can buy season tickets now, but telling you your exact seat location may take a while as they sort out based on priority points. The rumors about UNC fans is accurate but it's likely a small number. Their base really doesn't care.
According to their board, they have sold their allotment. I agree that the number that bought season tickets through us is low. The YC club membership hasn’t grown by a significant amount to support the claim that they are scooping up a good chunk of tickets.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:47 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:29 pm
mike87 wrote:
appstatemike wrote:
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
According to their board, they have sold their allotment. I agree that the number that bought season tickets through us is low. The YC club membership hasn’t grown by a significant amount to support the claim that they are scooping up a good chunk of tickets.
I'll tell you the numbers we were expecting at tailgate are falling off too. A lot of big baby blue talk but now that it's coming commit-time they are finding excuses. But that's the "Carolina Way". It's going to be a huge Black and Gold crowd with a sprinkling of light blue.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:10 pm

mike87 wrote:
appstatemike wrote:
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
They will if we kick their arses.
Google SUX

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:10 pm
mike87 wrote:
appstatemike wrote:
Appmountaineers19 wrote:
They will if we kick their arses.
it's when we kick their arses...but yes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”