Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CFB attendance falls for 8th straight year

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: CFB attendance falls for 8th straight year

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:38 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:26 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:06 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:46 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:05 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:38 pm

Supply and demand. If we can't increase demand, let's reduce supply. And play road games closer to our fanbase.
Are you speaking in generalities or is this App specific? Are you suggesting that we impose a scheduling model where we play at Charlotte, ECU, Wake and Duke on a rotational basis annually with no return home game?
Not at all. ECU and Charlotte should be easy home and homes. So, something like four home SB games every year. Home and home with ECU and Charlotte every two years. But then 2 road games for every home game with the NC ACC schools. I just don't see any benefit from a strength of schedule perspective of playing a home game against an FCS program. A year (not every year) with five home games and two road ACC games (easy to trave to) and a "pay game", to me seems like a better way to grow the profile of the program.
I get your point and it somewhat works in theory. It would require a very “utopian” style scenario. First, you would need the four major schools in the state to want to play us on a consistent basis. Wake seems the warmest to the idea of playing regularly. Duke not so much, and the other two are probably somewhat reluctant.

Secondly, your suggestion, as pointed out above, seems fan centric for App. Playing in state opponents every year doesn’t really promote the brand outside of the NC border and it doesn’t really affect recruiting. From a football recruiting perspective, we get more players from Georgian and Florida than we do from NC and of the ones that we do get from NC, we are rarely competing with ECU and Charlotte for the same players. We need to broaden the footprint for brand recognition, not shrink it.

Finally, we are moving away from the pay game model.

So while I respect your thought process, it’s just not realistic as there are way too many moving parts that make this remotely possible.
Our conference schedule has us playing from Texas to West Virginia.

I think recruits would rather play P5s than FCS schools.

The in state ACC schools can count on a good game, which they should win (look at our P5 record) and a sellout.

Our record outside the conference doesn't really matter in terms of bowl games. " Anyone, anywhere, anyplace" might mean five home games every other year.
We are likely going to continue playing a six home game season with an occasional 7. To include 4 conference games, a FCS opponent, and one additional game with most likely a G5 H/H. I just don’t see Doug giving up a home game.

Cro-Magnon App

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:59 pm

Had season tickets for years and years and over a ten year stretch we missed one game. Then we started all those weekday games and then the Covid hit and the price of everything in and outside of the stadium got ridiculous and now I’d rather just save $500 bucks a game, cut out the driving and the crowds and the heat early on (I like cold weather and bad weather games) and stay home. It is enjoyable. We go to one or two games a year and one of those is usually on the road (can get to CCU and Charlotte and some other places easier). In years past we went no matter who we played,even when we’d play LR or GW or whoever. I still like to go, though, and we spend 3-4 weekends in the mountains every year doing other things. Go Apps!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:28 pm

It was announced at the Football Social that we have surpassed 10k season tickets for the first time ever.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:47 am

Next year we have ECU in Boone so that should help retain a lot of those. After that our OOC home slates get pretty grim. ETSU and Liberty in 2024. Toledo in 2025. Considering how far out games are scheduled we’re running out of time to strike a deal with an attractive opponent for 2024 and 25. I have faith in DG to get it done.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”