Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App at College Station

CornCobPipes
School: Appalachian State

App at College Station

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu May 19, 2022 10:58 am

Does anyone expect the press banter between Fisher and Saban to impact our beat down?

I want to hear people's thoughts about this BIG game as I view it as the most ferocious opponent we have had since moving up to FBS.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alaba ... heir-team/
Last edited by CornCobPipes on Thu May 19, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
KICK ASS!!!

appstate77

Re: App at College Station

Unread post by appstate77 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:59 am

Beat Carolina.....not worried about TAM as yet.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Thu May 19, 2022 11:02 am

Agree.....W Or L vs Carolina seems immaterial to me in relation to this game
KICK ASS!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu May 19, 2022 11:20 am

Too your initial question. Not really. I’m realistic with our chances against A&M, but if we are to have a realistic shot to be ahead when the clock hits zero, we will need an effective running game that will eat up clock and limit possession. If A&M hasn’t settled on a QB by then, it could create some inconsistencies with their O. I’ll be there regardless.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu May 19, 2022 11:34 am

Personally, believe we need some wrinkles for both games. Screen plays, use TE or whomever in middle of the field..and of course or trio of backs need to be able to make it happen. Hopefully, Harrington is back at 100%. It is typically the 2nd year after injury you are better. Chizik will improve Heels defense. However we get them early in the season. On defense, we will face newbie at QB and relatively newbie at RB for Heels. Got to take chances and put pressure on QB to make uncomfortable as we have some unknowns in our own secondary. Same general ideas for A&M.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 am

All I know is, it will be hot AF in College Station in early September. But I will be there!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri May 20, 2022 6:29 am

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 am
All I know is, it will be hot AF in College Station in early September. But I will be there!
Hopefully not Gville hot back in the day...that was the worst.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Fri May 20, 2022 7:39 am

We will beat UNC and aTm ! :D

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:02 am

Look forward to seeing a big App crowd there! Got lodging, but no tix yet!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 am

Do I feel NIL in some cases has gone too far? Yes.

However when you look at all universities and not just the big names, I see more stories about non-profits being started and other admirable things.

Saban has a point, however anyone that thinks Alabama isn't doing the same methods as A&M, well I've got a recently renovated beach front property in Fairbanks, Alaska I'd love to sell you.

I don't think Texas A&M will carry a chip on their shoulder year round because of the comments. I think when they go to Tuscaloosa in October it will definitely be motivation material. Makes me wonder if Saban doesn't say that if Alabama had to go to College Station this year.

I could see ya possibly being overlooked a little with them hosting Miami the following week, but I don't think it will be enough for us to pull off a major upset.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:30 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 am
Do I feel NIL in some cases has gone too far? Yes.

However when you look at all universities and not just the big names, I see more stories about non-profits being started and other admirable things.

Saban has a point, however anyone that thinks Alabama isn't doing the same methods as A&M, well I've got a recently renovated beach front property in Fairbanks, Alaska I'd love to sell you.

I don't think Texas A&M will carry a chip on their shoulder year round because of the comments. I think when they go to Tuscaloosa in October it will definitely be motivation material. Makes me wonder if Saban doesn't say that if Alabama had to go to College Station this year.

I could see ya possibly being overlooked a little with them hosting Miami the following week, but I don't think it will be enough for us to pull off a major upset.
I agree with you. There is probably more examples where NIL has been a positive thing than negative. But as we have seen in the media, the outliers are the ones that “appear” to be newsworthy.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am

Well I didn't read the entire statements by either Saban or Fisher, however I don't believe Saban said anything was illegal - he said they bought their players, which nowadays is not against the rules. What Saban said was correct and I think he missed the point by naming names instead of continuing to pound the NCAA for their total lack of leadership. I thought Fisher seemed to overreact. I hate it to see two West BY GOD Virginia boys who have both won National Championships attacking each other. And if anyone can show me any proof that Saban has cheated please do so because making that accusation without proof is fauxnewsism
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri May 20, 2022 9:06 am

Guys, I’m in the media. I will be the mole who goes into the pregame press conference and asks Jimbo about Nick Saban’s latest comments (that he obviously won’t have made) just to get into his head.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:03 am
Well I didn't read the entire statements by either Saban or Fisher, however I don't believe Saban said anything was illegal - he said they bought their players, which nowadays is not against the rules. What Saban said was correct and I think he missed the point by naming names instead of continuing to pound the NCAA for their total lack of leadership. I thought Fisher seemed to overreact. I hate it to see two West BY GOD Virginia boys who have both won National Championships attacking each other. And if anyone can show me any proof that Saban has cheated please do so because making that accusation without proof is fauxnewsism
They’re mincing words between “illegal in the eyes of the law” and “antithetical to the spirit of the game and the unwritten rules”.

I laughed so hard at Jimbo doing backflips and clutching his pearls while at the same time saying “yeah we’ve got a collective but I have no idea how it works or what goes on there”. Hahaha, BS Jimbo.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 20, 2022 9:31 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 9:08 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
They’re mincing words between “illegal in the eyes of the law” and “antithetical to the spirit of the game and the unwritten rules”.

I laughed so hard at Jimbo doing backflips and clutching his pearls while at the same time saying “yeah we’ve got a collective but I have no idea how it works or what goes on there”. Hahaha, BS Jimbo.
Agree and I would say the same thing about Saban. Here is the Hollywood version of yesterday’s Presser.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 am

Of course a win would be the best...but keeping it close with TA&M will go along way by the end of they year. If we can hold the loss close and they (A&M) blow out LSU, MISS ST., Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas it will go a long way for NY6 chances. We need the UNC win and the A&M game to be close. (Assuming they blow some other teams out)

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:20 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
I doubt he's cheated. As a former assistant, after 5 years together at LSU Jimbo would probably have some insight on Saban's cheating ways if they occurred. I'm sure by now he or any other former assistant would have come forth about anything shady being done by Saban. Recently Satterfield made some transfer portal acquisition about Saban without any proof.

Sometimes it's just better to keep quiet about these situations. Saban looked salty about losing to Jimbo last year and not having the top recruiting class, and Satterfield looked salty because he lost his best WR to Bama.

Duke constantly has the number 1 recruiting class in basketball, yet haven't lived up to expectations since 2015.

Alabama has had top recruiting classes and don't win the title every year.

I guarantee you that not every recruit Jimbo landed this year will remain at A&M for the next 3 years.

Just play football!

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 am
Of course a win would be the best...but keeping it close with TA&M will go along way by the end of they year. If we can hold the loss close and they (A&M) blow out LSU, MISS ST., Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas it will go a long way for NY6 chances. We need the UNC win and the A&M game to be close. (Assuming they blow some other teams out)
Adding to this scenario, we'd have to have convincing wins in conference. And we definitely can't drop a prime time nationally broadcasted game, which we seem to do every year.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:29 am

Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Adding to this scenario, we'd have to have convincing wins in conference. And we definitely can't drop a prime time nationally broadcasted game, which we seem to do every year.
Could you define “convincing”?

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri May 20, 2022 11:36 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:29 am
Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Could you define “convincing”?
Think last year Louisiana game Part 1. Louisiana, Coastal, and even Marshall to an extent are the most known brands in the Sun Belt when it comes to football and success, outside of our beloved Appalachian State University of course. We avoid Louisiana this year, but if we take it to Marshall and Coastal in back to back weeks, it should turn some heads. That of course assuming they're successful up to that point. Then if we land Louisiana in the conference championship, take it to them and leave a lasting impression before the finals polls.

We'd still have to finish undefeated IMO though. A loss to Texas A&M even if it's close is still a loss. A one loss possibly even two loss AAC team would get it over us. While the Sun Belt has improved and gets more love than years ago, the AAC is still viewed as the top contender for the NY6 spot.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”