Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

App at College Station

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: App at College Station

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 20, 2022 11:54 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:36 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:29 am
Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 am
Of course a win would be the best...but keeping it close with TA&M will go along way by the end of they year. If we can hold the loss close and they (A&M) blow out LSU, MISS ST., Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas it will go a long way for NY6 chances. We need the UNC win and the A&M game to be close. (Assuming they blow some other teams out)
Adding to this scenario, we'd have to have convincing wins in conference. And we definitely can't drop a prime time nationally broadcasted game, which we seem to do every year.
Could you define “convincing”?
Think last year Louisiana game Part 1. Louisiana, Coastal, and even Marshall to an extent are the most known brands in the Sun Belt when it comes to football and success, outside of our beloved Appalachian State University of course. We avoid Louisiana this year, but if we take it to Marshall and Coastal in back to back weeks, it should turn some heads. That of course assuming they're successful up to that point. Then if we land Louisiana in the conference championship, take it to them and leave a lasting impression before the finals polls.

We'd still have to finish undefeated IMO though. A loss to Texas A&M even if it's close is still a loss. A one loss possibly even two loss AAC team would get it over us. While the Sun Belt has improved and gets more love than years ago, the AAC is still viewed as the top contender for the NY6 spot.
All fair. I was more curious as to what would considered convincing from a margin of victory perspective? I see us as being a much more run heavy team this year. Which translates to a grind it on the ground, chew up the clock and limit possessions. So if anyone is looking for style points to impress voters, this isn’t looking like the year to get them. Win the conference and see out it all shakes out.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Fri May 20, 2022 1:20 pm

sixtoes9134 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 am
All I know is, it will be hot AF in College Station in early September. But I will be there!
September in Texas is a dry heat...its not any worse than North Carolina

But its definitely going to be a day to wear gold instead of black.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri May 20, 2022 3:30 pm

Hydration is the key.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Mon May 23, 2022 4:33 pm

The Saban/ Fisher feud almost sounds staged to me. Would not surprise me at all. Deon in the equation too
KICK ASS!!!

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Mon May 23, 2022 4:38 pm

The comedian immitation of Jimbo is hilarious.....wish I could find the link.
KICK ASS!!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon May 23, 2022 5:37 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:54 am
Fri May 20, 2022 11:36 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:29 am
Fri May 20, 2022 10:23 am
spacemonkey wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 10:18 am
Of course a win would be the best...but keeping it close with TA&M will go along way by the end of they year. If we can hold the loss close and they (A&M) blow out LSU, MISS ST., Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas it will go a long way for NY6 chances. We need the UNC win and the A&M game to be close. (Assuming they blow some other teams out)
Adding to this scenario, we'd have to have convincing wins in conference. And we definitely can't drop a prime time nationally broadcasted game, which we seem to do every year.
Could you define “convincing”?
Think last year Louisiana game Part 1. Louisiana, Coastal, and even Marshall to an extent are the most known brands in the Sun Belt when it comes to football and success, outside of our beloved Appalachian State University of course. We avoid Louisiana this year, but if we take it to Marshall and Coastal in back to back weeks, it should turn some heads. That of course assuming they're successful up to that point. Then if we land Louisiana in the conference championship, take it to them and leave a lasting impression before the finals polls.

We'd still have to finish undefeated IMO though. A loss to Texas A&M even if it's close is still a loss. A one loss possibly even two loss AAC team would get it over us. While the Sun Belt has improved and gets more love than years ago, the AAC is still viewed as the top contender for the NY6 spot.
All fair. I was more curious as to what would considered convincing from a margin of victory perspective? I see us as being a much more run heavy team this year. Which translates to a grind it on the ground, chew up the clock and limit possessions. So if anyone is looking for style points to impress voters, this isn’t looking like the year to get them. Win the conference and see out it all shakes out.
I would say convincing would be like what UL did to us last year in game 1. That hurt when you are on the receiving end and looks "convincing" to the neutral observer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”