Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The End of Miller Hill?

huskie3
School: Appalachian State

Re: The End of Miller Hill?

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun May 01, 2022 10:39 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:24 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:53 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 7:31 am
Personally, I am fine with giving up the patio on the App St side if people want to pay $100+ for the experience and our limited to that area. If they get the same access to the NEZ then those privileges should fall in line with NEZ Seats or something near the cost. I am less interested in selling those on a single game basis as makes it easier for opposing team fans to pick up tickets. I am all for finding avenues to increase fan experience and raising money to fund the program given our Yosef participation rate is so low.
I haven’t seen anyone regulating admittance to the NEZ from stairwell to the field. I assume someone in the beer garden could walk up to NEZ seats.
I suppose they could. You need a wristband to gain access to the NEZ. I assume that you need one as well to gain access to the beer garden.
That was my point, there are people monitoring the elevators and access to beer garden. Each game I go down to visit on west side (and get my apple pies). I come back up the stairs and have never had anyone check my wristband.
Bring Your A Game!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 02, 2022 6:55 am

huskie3 wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:39 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Personally, I am fine with giving up the patio on the App St side if people want to pay $100+ for the experience and our limited to that area. If they get the same access to the NEZ then those privileges should fall in line with NEZ Seats or something near the cost. I am less interested in selling those on a single game basis as makes it easier for opposing team fans to pick up tickets. I am all for finding avenues to increase fan experience and raising money to fund the program given our Yosef participation rate is so low.
I haven’t seen anyone regulating admittance to the NEZ from stairwell to the field. I assume someone in the beer garden could walk up to NEZ seats.
I suppose they could. You need a wristband to gain access to the NEZ. I assume that you need one as well to gain access to the beer garden.
That was my point, there are people monitoring the elevators and access to beer garden. Each game I go down to visit on west side (and get my apple pies). I come back up the stairs and have never had anyone check my wristband.
I’ve never seen anyone at the stairs going in, but I have seen people at the entrance of the patio and the top of the stairs leading down to the field from the concourse. Maybe no one has tried it. For me, I wear my ticket around my neck on a lanyard, so they may see that on folks. I can ask.

App90

Unread post by App90 » Mon May 02, 2022 7:54 am

AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Correct...and yes no band if they see you you will be asked nicely to go get a band. NEZ folks get the west side of the beer garden.

And for those of you who see empty seats in the NEZ it is because alot of them are on the inside eating and drinking and do a lot of moving around and talking with people even during a big game. Simply put the NEZ has become a money maker seeing how they sell out of 8 dollar cans of beer.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am

App90 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 7:54 am
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Correct...and yes no band if they see you you will be asked nicely to go get a band. NEZ folks get the west side of the beer garden.

And for those of you who see empty seats in the NEZ it is because alot of them are on the inside eating and drinking and do a lot of moving around and talking with people even during a big game. Simply put the NEZ has become a money maker seeing how they sell out of 8 dollar cans of beer.
If you think about it, the NEZ generates $1 mill on just six home games a year through ticket sales. I do hope that they come down on their food and beverage prices this season. $8 for all you can drink soda is ridiculous.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon May 02, 2022 8:29 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am
App90 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

If you think about it, the NEZ generates $1 mill on just six home games a year through ticket sales. I do hope that they come down on their food and beverage prices this season. $8 for all you can drink soda is ridiculous.
But you get free ice cream and popcorn as a complimentary side with the beer for the $8. It's a bargain.😁
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 02, 2022 8:40 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:29 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 8:20 am
App90 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
huskie3 wrote:

But you get free ice cream and popcorn as a complimentary side with the beer for the $8. It's a bargain.😁
True. Not free, but I like the access to surplus merchandise they were selling the last two games.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am

So could one of you educate me and others on the Beer Garden access policy? Can anyone with a season ticket get access to beer garden or do you have to have seats in the NEZ to have access? Or are you buying your "ticket" to game as a BG seat?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 02, 2022 9:51 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon May 02, 2022 9:38 am
So could one of you educate me and others on the Beer Garden access policy? Can anyone with a season ticket get access to beer garden or do you have to have seats in the NEZ to have access? Or are you buying your "ticket" to game as a BG seat?
Sure. There are two patios in the NEZ. The patio on the App side is for NEZ ticket holders only. The patio on the State side is for Beer Garden ticket holders only. You buy a ticket for the BG and that is your seat for the game. It’s $100 for the ticket. Other than access, I have no idea what covers that price. So to answer your question. No, your season ticket does not get you access to the BG.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2021/8/ ... ating.aspx

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue May 03, 2022 10:00 am

Listened to latest B&G podcast as AD was one of the guests. He stated that they are well aware of concessions issues from last year. He stated they are going to spend time this summer in developing ways to improve. There were no details given as it was a future project this summer.

Not sure if best thread, however, I did not want to start a separate thread even if no one has not posted about football in the last 47 minutes.😁
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue May 03, 2022 10:21 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:00 am
Listened to latest B&G podcast as AD was one of the guests. He stated that they are well aware of concessions issues from last year. He stated they are going to spend time this summer in developing ways to improve. There were no details given as it was a future project this summer.

Not sure if best thread, however, I did not want to start a separate thread even if no one has not posted about football in the last 47 minutes.😁
He said the same thing on the AppState Podcast as well.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:54 pm

Nelson Aerial does an incredible job with their images of the stadium. Here's what Miller Hill looks like completely packed from the Elon game.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu May 12, 2022 10:58 pm

Coastal Game--
The Hill is packed, but we didn't sell all of the tickets in all four upper corners. (only a few hundred shy, but there were empty seats)

Again, full credit to Nelson Aerial Productions

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 8:42 am

So much for concreting it in. Filled the hill but not the stands.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri May 13, 2022 8:44 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:21 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:00 am

He said the same thing on the AppState Podcast as well.
Take a few students from manning the beer and let them sell dogs and sodas.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:58 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:58 pm
Coastal Game--
The Hill is packed, but we didn't sell all of the tickets in all four upper corners. (only a few hundred shy, but there were empty seats)

Any idea how many people that is?

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Coastal Game--

The people on the hill are the ticket holders from the empty seats in the stands. I think. Or do they sell "hill tickets"?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 13, 2022 9:46 am

I’m pretty sure that they sell GA tickets for the hill.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri May 13, 2022 9:54 am

mike87 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Coastal Game--

The people on the hill are the ticket holders from the empty seats in the stands. I think. Or do they sell "hill tickets"?
curious at what point in the game is this? .the band is not in their seats..was this at the beginning of the game after hafltime..so were people were not in seats at beginning of game or after after halftime still at concessions. The reason I ask is that the NEZ looks to not have many seats filled. I was there for the game it appeared to have more in their seats as compared to the picture....not saying that all NEZ holders used all of there seats, however, there were more than the picture shows. I mean my wife and I were there..and we are not in our seats...LOL
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:13 am

It looks like this could be just before the start of the third quarter. The band appears to be filing into their seats and the officials appear to be lined up for a kickoff.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:30 pm

you guys have good eyes.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”