Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

The End of Miller Hill?

School: Appalachian State

Re: The End of Miller Hill?

Unread post by 8993 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:37 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:18 am
Didn't say that. Just expressed my opinion like everyone else.
Your relentless victimhood is wild.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon May 16, 2022 3:52 pm

8993 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:37 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:18 am
Didn't say that. Just expressed my opinion like everyone else.
Your relentless victimhood is wild.
LOL LOL How is that victimhood? Geez, take your medicine.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon May 16, 2022 5:27 pm

We should add a feature that if someone quotes a user you have ignore the reply message is also ignored.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon May 16, 2022 7:52 pm

I've enjoyed watching this pickleball match.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue May 17, 2022 6:03 am

Perhaps having actual seats/bleachers will help keep those who are normally on the hill at games longer. Sitting on cold, wet ground for 3+ hours plain stinks.
Give 'em hell!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue May 17, 2022 10:53 am

Most stand up when the ground is wet. In fact in recent years, most stand up anyway. But mo concrete.
Google SUX

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:58 am

“Frozen” Cline
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun May 22, 2022 7:10 am

appst89 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 am
NewApp wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 9:30 am
Watch and see. I've said what I wanted to and the mo concrete advocates have won.
Pretty sure that decision was made before this discussion ever started on the board. Nothing that was said here was going to affect the decision one way or the other. But if you feel that strongly about it, contact the athletic department and make your feelings known. You'll get a lot further with that than posting on a message board and then saying, "See, no one is listening to me."
A group of alumni were told by a Deputy AD that no bleachers were going up on Miller hill

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:29 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:10 am
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Watch and see. I've said what I wanted to and the mo concrete advocates have won.
Pretty sure that decision was made before this discussion ever started on the board. Nothing that was said here was going to affect the decision one way or the other. But if you feel that strongly about it, contact the athletic department and make your feelings known. You'll get a lot further with that than posting on a message board and then saying, "See, no one is listening to me."
A group of alumni were told by a Deputy AD that no bleachers were going up on Miller hill
I talked to a couple ADs on Friday and I was told that it wasn’t off the table, but unlikely. They have enough going into the NEZ to cover the ticketing needs.

The reasons given was that they were tired of reading all the bitching from a poster on this board. No name was given but we can all figure out who they are referring to.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun May 22, 2022 12:36 pm

I suspect the price of putting in ground screws on that grade versus putting it on a flat was a tremendous difference in cost for the rental.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun May 22, 2022 12:43 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 12:36 pm
I suspect the price of putting in ground screws on that grade versus putting it on a flat was a tremendous difference in cost for the rental.
That is part of it but not a deal breaker. There is the issue that the bleachers would have obscured views of people up on the pavement.

A2534

Unread post by A2534 » Sun May 22, 2022 8:23 pm

There is also the aspect of the family who gave money for Miller Hill possibly not wanting it covered with metal stands?

Gonzo

Unread post by Gonzo » Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:29 am
Rekdiver wrote:
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
I talked to a couple ADs on Friday and I was told that it wasn’t off the table, but unlikely. They have enough going into the NEZ to cover the ticketing needs.

The reasons given was that they were tired of reading all the bitching from a poster on this board. No name was given but we can all figure out who they are referring to.
So are the NEZ temporaries staying all season now?

Even if your answer is "I haven't heard that" it's what I expect. One of Yosef's Club's most steadfast traditions is broken promises. :lol:

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:46 am

Gonzo wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:42 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 7:29 am
Rekdiver wrote:
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

So are the NEZ temporaries staying all season now?

Even if your answer is "I haven't heard that" it's what I expect. One of Yosef's Club's most steadfast traditions is broken promises. :lol:
I haven’t heard but I’m going with No. The plan was always for the seats in the NEZ to be for that week only. They can’t stay there all season because the team uses that space for practice.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon May 23, 2022 1:22 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Do you know specifically what the deputy AD meant by “No bleachers on Miller Hill”…

Does that mean “on the concourse above miller hill”, “on miller hill” meaning the grass portion, field level in front of Miller Hill? Were they saying there are no plans now for permanent seating because there just aren’t any plans or someone is blocking it from happening, or are they saying there will be no temporary SEZ bleachers this season?

I know I just asked a lot of questions you might not have the answer to.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Mon May 23, 2022 4:17 pm

They need to put in a lower deck of temporary stands below the new NEZ and do away with the silly beer garden. Those privileges belong to the NEZ seat holders which means empty seats glaring. Plenty of places to put a beer garden. Damn we need more fans and seats and to improve the asthetics on TV. App is trying to get too foo foo for it's britches. A lot of people are already pissed off and not attending games as much or at all that used to come religiously. This economy gets worse especially with a mediocre year or mediocre schedule and you will see it. The demand is sharp right now ahead of 2022 season but folks are beginning to grumble. It appears the strategy is crowd control instead of crowd growth.
KICK ASS!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:50 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:17 pm
They need to put in a lower deck of temporary stands below the new NEZ and do away with the silly beer garden. Those privileges belong to the NEZ seat holders which means empty seats glaring. Plenty of places to put a beer garden. Damn we need more fans and seats and to improve the asthetics on TV. App is trying to get too foo foo for it's britches. A lot of people are already pissed off and not attending games as much or at all that used to come religiously. This economy gets worse especially with a mediocre year or mediocre schedule and you will see it. The demand is sharp right now ahead of 2022 season but folks are beginning to grumble. It appears the strategy is crowd control instead of crowd growth.
The team utilizes the space below the NEZ on a daily basis for practice. The cost incurred to move and store between games would exceed the revenue generated from seats there. There are other places to put seats in a more permanent fashion.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:59 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
The area has already been named Hatley Pavilion, https://today.appstate.edu/2021/10/28/pavilion
Bring Your A Game!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon May 23, 2022 10:20 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
too foo foo for it's britches....yeah. I hope they end up right but it reminds me so much of NASCAR. There is a limit before people will find a cheaper way for entertainment. I love the new division and it will provide some great home games but the price is getting high.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon May 23, 2022 10:33 pm

"but the price is getting high."

I thought I was the only one who thinks that.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”