Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC Game

HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC Game

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:16 pm

canes_mj wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:27 am
I think the demand by UNC fans may be a little overstated. They don't even fill up their own stadium most of the time. Why would they pay $300 to come see them at App, when they can pay $15 most of the season to get into Kenan? This game is a much bigger deal for us than it is for them; they don't see us as a rival; most of them don't see this as a "big" game; they don't feel they should even be playing a road game in Boone. Also, they have Notre Dame coming to Chapel Hill next season so if they're gonna break the bank for a game, it would more likely be for the Irish.

Also no one should have their season tickets revoked. We're doing all we can to increase the amount of season ticket holders, we can't afford to take tickets away from the ones we have. I see any profit taking by Yosef members and season ticket holders as a benefit for being Yosef and STH in the first place...........for what it's worth, not sure how many single game extras there are going to be anyway; my Yosef rep told me they are advising people that if you need extras for UNC to buy another season ticket; she said a large amount of the stadium is sold out with season tickets; so anyone who sells is giving up their opportunity to attend, so I don't think it'll be as much of a problem as people think.
I was wondering if they will be able to sell their 3500 ticket allotment.....

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:23 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:16 pm
canes_mj wrote:
I think the demand by UNC fans may be a little overstated. They don't even fill up their own stadium most of the time. Why would they pay $300 to come see them at App, when they can pay $15 most of the season to get into Kenan? This game is a much bigger deal for us than it is for them; they don't see us as a rival; most of them don't see this as a "big" game; they don't feel they should even be playing a road game in Boone. Also, they have Notre Dame coming to Chapel Hill next season so if they're gonna break the bank for a game, it would more likely be for the Irish.

Also no one should have their season tickets revoked. We're doing all we can to increase the amount of season ticket holders, we can't afford to take tickets away from the ones we have. I see any profit taking by Yosef members and season ticket holders as a benefit for being Yosef and STH in the first place...........for what it's worth, not sure how many single game extras there are going to be anyway; my Yosef rep told me they are advising people that if you need extras for UNC to buy another season ticket; she said a large amount of the stadium is sold out with season tickets; so anyone who sells is giving up their opportunity to attend, so I don't think it'll be as much of a problem as people think.
I’m pretty sure that they will.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:25 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
canes_mj wrote:

Considering there are multiple documented cases of UNC fans buying season tickets this past season to ensure they get a ticket for next season, yes, they will.

Sure, they don't get many at their home games. But, they do get more than 3,500. They have more than 3,500 die hard fans that will make the short trip to Boone to watch them lose.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:23 pm

Yeah I knew when I couldn’t afford season tickets this year I wouldn’t make the game. Still angry I couldn’t wait in line for that first game tickets at the Holmes center as well.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:16 am

I asked someone in the AD what single game tickets would cost for UNC if they were available. I was told that they would be $200.00 per.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:38 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:16 am
I asked someone in the AD what single game tickets would cost for UNC if they were available. I was told that they would be $200.00 per.
Purchased from our ticket office?

dtrain4prez

Unread post by dtrain4prez » Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:59 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
That's a damn shame if true.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:01 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:38 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Purchased from our ticket office?
Yes

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:02 pm

dtrain4prez wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:59 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Why? What would you consider reasonable.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:20 pm

So, we have a pretty low ratio of alumni to MAF/Yosef Club members or just overall low total members compared to our peers from past posts on this forum...which impacts our FB program financially. We have a very high profile opponent coming to Boone but we want cheap ticket prices.... however we still want a top G5 program...that math does not work...
We need to be getting as much revenue as possible from this game. It all helps.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

dtrain4prez

Unread post by dtrain4prez » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:44 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:02 pm
dtrain4prez wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Something close to the Miami and Wake home games....$80?

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:50 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
dtrain4prez wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
I am a season ticket holder so it doesn't do anything to me. Now with that said there is no game I would pay $200 for. Thankfully there are some who would.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:39 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:50 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
dtrain4prez wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
I am a season ticket holder so it doesn't do anything to me. Now with that said there is no game I would pay $200 for. Thankfully there are some who would.
I have season tickets as well so I’m with you. I have a bit more of an issue with the prices that I am seeing on Vivid Seats for resales. People are asking anywhere from $250 to $800 per seat. If you can get it, great, but putting it out there for anyone doesn’t prevent Carolina fans from scooping them up.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:43 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:20 pm
So, we have a pretty low ratio of alumni to MAF/Yosef Club members or just overall low total members compared to our peers from past posts on this forum...which impacts our FB program financially. We have a very high profile opponent coming to Boone but we want cheap ticket prices.... however we still want a top G5 program...that math does not work...
We need to be getting as much revenue as possible from this game. It all helps.
Agree. Keep in mind, they are still working with the Fire Marshall on getting a number for temp bleachers in the End Zones. I have no idea what those will cost but I would expect north of $100, if not $200.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:09 am

If the ticket office sells the single game ticket for $200, I think this is great. All people have to do is join the Yosef Club and for $50 more ($250) you will get to see 6 more home games this season. Simple.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:23 am

Watched a little bit of the UNC Spring Game on Saturday on ACC Network. i wanted to see how their new QBs looked... One of the announcers (maybe name was something like Tom Lucingbill - sure that is wrong)...They posted the UNC schedule on TV screen. He made the comment that, given the new QB situation, that UNC need those first 3 games against lesser competition to be ready for Notre Dame (I believe was the 4th game)....that got me fired up for labor day weekend...
#99ForPresident!!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:39 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:23 am
Watched a little bit of the UNC Spring Game on Saturday on ACC Network. i wanted to see how their new QBs looked... One of the announcers (maybe name was something like Tom Lucingbill - sure that is wrong)...They posted the UNC schedule on TV screen. He made the comment that, given the new QB situation, that UNC need those first 3 games against lesser competition to be ready for Notre Dame (I believe was the 4th game)....that got me fired up for labor day weekend...
UNC preseason championship campaign already in pole position. I'm sure they'll "play down to the competition" on Sept 3.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:22 pm

Good thing for us we don't have to play 'em in the spring. That's when they usually peak.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:08 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
canes_mj wrote:

They will easily but they'l be scared to wear their baby blue colors in and on the way to KBS. If they lose, they will shed their gear faster than NAZI officers did when they got their butts beaten in WWII.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:08 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:22 pm
Good thing for us we don't have to play 'em in the spring. That's when they usually peak.
now that is funny. I do not care what you say...that is funny.
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”