Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC Game

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC Game

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:19 am

Hopefully 3:30.

booneboy92

Unread post by booneboy92 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:44 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 am
Any guesses on when game will start?
I’m just keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t get bumped back to Thursday or Friday.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:34 pm

I’m guessing ESPN has the rights? If so I assume it’ll be either 12 or pushed to evening game. If it is kept on Saturday that is.

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:22 pm

biggie wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:34 pm
I’m guessing ESPN has the rights? If so I assume it’ll be either 12 or pushed to evening game. If it is kept on Saturday that is.
Because UNC plays the Saturday before they will not want to play us on a short week, I think the game will be on Saturday. I'm hoping for anything at 2:00 or after from a tailgate perspective. I think if it is a 3:30 or 6 pm game would be the best for TV viewing numbers at least until the Chick-Fil-A kickoff game (Oregon v. Georgia). Regardless KBS will be electric. I've listed the matchups for September 3 and put in bold the games with the most interest at least from my point of view if I was watching TV. However, I'll be at the Rock.

Saturday, September 3
Matchup
Arizona at San Diego State
Grambling State at Arkansas State
South Dakota State at Iowa
LIU at Toledo
CCSU at UConn
Texas State at Nevada
Elon at Vanderbilt
Mercer at Auburn
Cincinnati at Arkansas
Delaware at Navy
Norfolk State at Marshall
Utah at Florida
ULM at Texas
Cal Poly at Fresno State
Kent State at Washington
South Dakota at Kansas State
WKU at Hawaii
Memphis at Mississippi State
Northern Iowa at Air Force
Southeastern La. at Louisiana
Colgate at Stanford
Idaho State at UNLV T
BYU at USF
Maine at New Mexico
Sam Houston at Texas A&M
Bethune-Cookman at Miami (FL)
Louisiana Tech at Missouri
Illinois State at Wisconsin
Louisville at Syracuse
Middle Tennessee at James Madison
Idaho at Washington State
UTEP at Oklahoma
Army at Coastal Carolina
NC State at East Carolina
Ball State at Tennessee
Boise State at Oregon State
Bowling Green at UCLA
Buffalo at Maryland
Colorado State at Michigan
Eastern Illinois at NIU
Florida Atlantic at Ohio
Georgia State at South Carolina
Houston at UTSA
Liberty at Southern Miss
Miami (Ohio) at Kentucky
Morgan State at Georgia Southern
Murray State at Texas Tech
Nicholls at South Alabama
Utah State at Alabama
North Carolina at Appalachian State
North Dakota at Nebraska
Notre Dame at Ohio State
Oregon vs. Georgia (in Atlanta, GA)
Portland State at San Jose State
Rice at USC
Richmond at Virginia
Rutgers at Boston College
SMU at North Texas
Southeast Missouri at Iowa State
Troy at Ole Miss
Tulsa at Wyoming
UC Davis at California
UMass at Tulane
UAlbany at Baylor
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:34 pm

I don’t think they do 2:00 pm kickoffs for television. Noon or 3:30 would be my guess.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:39 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if this game is put on the ACC network. Espn owns the ACC network and they own our home games. If they can sell a few more ACC subscription buy adding UNC early without using a UNC home game.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:58 am

What are the chances this game would be moved to BofA Stadium and us being the home team like the ECU game or is it too late for that??
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:52 am

NewApp wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:58 am
What are the chances this game would be moved to BofA Stadium and us being the home team like the ECU game or is it too late for that??
Don’t think it’s possible at this point. If ESPN even tried this, DG needs to do everything possible to oppose it. This game NEEDS to be in Boone at The Rock.

GO APPS!!

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:27 am

I think the demand by UNC fans may be a little overstated. They don't even fill up their own stadium most of the time. Why would they pay $300 to come see them at App, when they can pay $15 most of the season to get into Kenan? This game is a much bigger deal for us than it is for them; they don't see us as a rival; most of them don't see this as a "big" game; they don't feel they should even be playing a road game in Boone. Also, they have Notre Dame coming to Chapel Hill next season so if they're gonna break the bank for a game, it would more likely be for the Irish.

Also no one should have their season tickets revoked. We're doing all we can to increase the amount of season ticket holders, we can't afford to take tickets away from the ones we have. I see any profit taking by Yosef members and season ticket holders as a benefit for being Yosef and STH in the first place...........for what it's worth, not sure how many single game extras there are going to be anyway; my Yosef rep told me they are advising people that if you need extras for UNC to buy another season ticket; she said a large amount of the stadium is sold out with season tickets; so anyone who sells is giving up their opportunity to attend, so I don't think it'll be as much of a problem as people think.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:09 am

NewApp wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:58 am
A&T and Central are scheduled to play in the Duke's Mayo Classic that Saturday. Knowing the attendance that game will potentially bring, I don't think it will be moved.

Also, having attended the ECU game, IMO the atmosphere is better in Boone on GameDay than it was in Charlotte. I'd definitely prefer the get stay in Boone.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:11 am

Rumors swirling of it being a night game. Cannot confirm or deny it though. Working to get that information.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:13 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:11 am
Rumors swirling of it being a night game. Cannot confirm or deny it though. Working to get that information.
It makes sense to have it at night.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:15 am

canes_mj wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:27 am
I think the demand by UNC fans may be a little overstated. They don't even fill up their own stadium most of the time. Why would they pay $300 to come see them at App, when they can pay $15 most of the season to get into Kenan? This game is a much bigger deal for us than it is for them; they don't see us as a rival; most of them don't see this as a "big" game; they don't feel they should even be playing a road game in Boone. Also, they have Notre Dame coming to Chapel Hill next season so if they're gonna break the bank for a game, it would more likely be for the Irish.

Also no one should have their season tickets revoked. We're doing all we can to increase the amount of season ticket holders, we can't afford to take tickets away from the ones we have. I see any profit taking by Yosef members and season ticket holders as a benefit for being Yosef and STH in the first place...........for what it's worth, not sure how many single game extras there are going to be anyway; my Yosef rep told me they are advising people that if you need extras for UNC to buy another season ticket; she said a large amount of the stadium is sold out with season tickets; so anyone who sells is giving up their opportunity to attend, so I don't think it'll be as much of a problem as people think.
For me, I don't think we will see UNC fans throwing large bucks to have a seat, but what we will see is season ticket holders and students welcoming their UNC friends and family. Also, it's impossible to only limit single game tickets to just App State fans, and I feel some UNC fans will jump on those as well. Maybe they want to spend an extended weekend in Boone as well.

I don't think it will be anything close to a 50/50 split, but will definitely be a larger number than what we're used to seeing from away fans and it will be spread throughout the stadium. Just means we need to be louder.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:19 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:13 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Yup. And if it were 100% Gillin and company's decision, it would be a night game. They've been pushing for it. But there are a lot more moving pieces involved.

I know one of the relatively unknown/not thought of push backs they've received from the University and town is having enough law enforcement presence. We normally have to bring in neighboring counties/cities/towns to have enough for a regular game. Throw in UNC, and we will need significantly more. It being labor day weekend, the fear is some of these neighboring LEO's will likely have their own events scheduled.

Add in all the other stuff with ESPN, SunBelt, etc. ACC doesn't play a part in this (outside of being owned by ESPN) since we are the home team.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as "hey, lets have this game at night."
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:24 am

AppStateNews wrote:
It's the most marketable and appealing game featuring an ACC team that Saturday. Would only make sense to throw it on the ACC Network. I don't see anything that would even keep us from possibly being on ESPN. The Chick FIL A kickoff game is usually played at 3:30 p.m. so night would be good for us to catch some views.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:36 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:19 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
Yup. And if it were 100% Gillin and company's decision, it would be a night game. They've been pushing for it. But there are a lot more moving pieces involved.

I know one of the relatively unknown/not thought of push backs they've received from the University and town is having enough law enforcement presence. We normally have to bring in neighboring counties/cities/towns to have enough for a regular game. Throw in UNC, and we will need significantly more. It being labor day weekend, the fear is some of these neighboring LEO's will likely have their own events scheduled.

Add in all the other stuff with ESPN, SunBelt, etc. ACC doesn't play a part in this (outside of being owned by ESPN) since we are the home team.

The ancillary logistics are important in consideration for sure. I guess the part that I question from a knowledge need is what’s the difference between a 3:30 and 7:00 pm kickoff in terms of staffing? The time won’t affect crowd size. Maybe more time for adults to become children through alcohol consumption. Would the need be any different than what we saw for the Luke Combs concert?

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:42 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:36 am
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

The ancillary logistics are important in consideration for sure. I guess the part that I question from a knowledge need is what’s the difference between a 3:30 and 7:00 pm kickoff in terms of staffing? The time won’t affect crowd size. Maybe more time for adults to become children through alcohol consumption. Would the need be any different than what we saw for the Luke Combs concert?
Why do people favor night games?

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:53 am

bcoach wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:42 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:36 am
AppStateNews wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Why do people favor night games?
Atmosphere, cooler temps, more time to enjoy just being in Boone. Night games are electric

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:56 am

What he said. ^^^

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:32 am

The two best games of the season, IMO, were night games and mid-week games at that..Marshall and Chickens...The atmosphere was a 20 on a scale of 1 to 10 for those games.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”