Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

TheMoody1
School: Appalachian State

Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:30 pm

I just looked at the new chart for parking minimum donations. Get ready for a 15% hit. :D

ASU02

Re: Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Unread post by ASU02 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:17 pm

A per seat donation minimum and no youth discount does not seem very family friendly.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:23 pm

It stings, but the metrics are there that support the need if we want to get better.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:35 pm

Yeah I was trying to figure out how to get 2-3 season tickets for the first time in a long time. But prices are going to keep me from it apparently.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:40 pm

biggie wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:35 pm
Yeah I was trying to figure out how to get 2-3 season tickets for the first time in a long time. But prices are going to keep me from it apparently.
It sucks, but a lot of schools are going to this model. The problem in the past was one person would pay the $500 dues to YC and buy up 6 or 7 seats for their friends.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:15 pm

Sticker shock is tough, but it is for 6 games. I mean, all in it's little more than $100 a ticket for good seats? I'm old so I know it's different but thinking of all the things I've blown more than $100 on...

Feels kinda good to renew too.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:54 pm

For so many reasons not mentioned on that chart Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, and Boise are not competitive peers.

I can't commit to season tickets even if they cut the price in half because of living 5 hours away and possibly week day games, so I won't complain about the hike. It will stink having to pay a little extra for single game tickets, but understandable.

Any structure in place will not reach it's full potential until the Athletic Department realizes they need to do a better job of promoting the Yosef Club.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Saw a per seat donation minimum mentioned...where is this? When I go to renew mine, I don't see this.

Parking prices have gone up but ticket prices look basically the same. From conversations I had with my Yosef rep during the season, they indicated the parking increase had already been planned, and not something due to inflation. I'm fine with it; we already give a higher amount than the minimum level donation for my lot; so the new amount is still less than we already give. Also it's necessary to stay competitive. We can't have it both ways...being upset when coaches leave but not wanting to contribute more to increase the budget we have. I understand though it's gonna be tough for some people. "Sticker shock," mentioned above, is a good way to describe.

ASU02

Unread post by ASU02 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:39 pm

https://mountaineersathleticfund.com/yo ... index.html

The above does a good job of outlining all of the changes.
canes_mj wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:27 pm
Saw a per seat donation minimum mentioned...where is this? When I go to renew mine, I don't see this.

Parking prices have gone up but ticket prices look basically the same. From conversations I had with my Yosef rep during the season, they indicated the parking increase had already been planned, and not something due to inflation. I'm fine with it; we already give a higher amount than the minimum level donation for my lot; so the new amount is still less than we already give. Also it's necessary to stay competitive. We can't have it both ways...being upset when coaches leave but not wanting to contribute more to increase the budget we have. I understand though it's gonna be tough for some people. "Sticker shock," mentioned above, is a good way to describe.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:39 pm

canes_mj wrote:

I think that starts in 2023. Ticket prices have increased from $215 per ticket to $250 per ticket.

And I'm fine with increasing minimum level donation for a lot if they can at least guarantee that you'll be in a lot no more than 2 steps below the one you're wanting. I donated enough to try to get a Raley spot last year and ended up receiving a Legends spot. What incentive does raising the requirement give to donate more when you have absolutely no guarantee of anything?

If people are tight on money they'll just donate less to the Yosef Club to make up for the difference in the increased season ticket cost. To me it doesn't make much sense.

canes_mj

Unread post by canes_mj » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:06 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:39 pm
canes_mj wrote:

I think that starts in 2023. Ticket prices have increased from $215 per ticket to $250 per ticket.

And I'm fine with increasing minimum level donation for a lot if they can at least guarantee that you'll be in a lot no more than 2 steps below the one you're wanting. I donated enough to try to get a Raley spot last year and ended up receiving a Legends spot. What incentive does raising the requirement give to donate more when you have absolutely no guarantee of anything?

If people are tight on money they'll just donate less to the Yosef Club to make up for the difference in the increased season ticket cost. To me it doesn't make much sense.
All good points. Being moved from Raley to Legends, yeh I would have been really mad at that. I'm fortunate I haven't had any of the issues that I've read from many others re their parking getting messed up. I'm assuming all of the construction and having to move so many people from where they formerly were and reassign them to a different parking spot temporarily likely contributed to some of the confusion and issues. Hopefully things will stabilize and there will be less problems going forward.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:13 pm

People that weren't season ticket holders will complain about a $7.50 increase per game increase.

People that were season ticket holders, but not Yosef Club members will complain about the seat contribution. This has been a long time coming and certainly out of market for the past decade.

People that were in Yosef Club will complain about the parking level increases. I didn't realize we had that many $3,500 and above members. I have a feeling some $2,500 donors slip in there this year.

I'd like to complain about students only getting the bottom portions of the west side, I think they can fill up a section or team on the east side too if season ticket demand isn't filling up those sections.

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:26 pm

No Senior discounts on Tickets! It was great while it lasted.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:32 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:13 pm
People that weren't season ticket holders will complain about a $7.50 increase per game increase.

People that were season ticket holders, but not Yosef Club members will complain about the seat contribution. This has been a long time coming and certainly out of market for the past decade.

People that were in Yosef Club will complain about the parking level increases. I didn't realize we had that many $3,500 and above members. I have a feeling some $2,500 donors slip in there this year.

I'd like to complain about students only getting the bottom portions of the west side, I think they can fill up a section or team on the east side too if season ticket demand isn't filling up those sections.
Easy on the changes to the East side. We got the best deal going and keeping it low under the radar. Just come join us. ;)

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:39 pm

If we want success to continue, then it is time to play, and pay, on as equal a footing as our peers.

Not thrilled with some of the increases. But ya know what, I'll eat a month of peanut butter sandwiches for lunch to cover the cost of the increases. If this is the cost of having a successful program that has been way under valued for far too long, I'm in.

Student fees shouldn't be the main angle of support for our program. Time to graduate and get on board with the rest of the successful G5 programs.

-WXAPP
Twitter: @wxcrum

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:48 pm

We've been the best bargain out there .We remain so.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:01 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
I didn't realize we had that many $3,500 and above members. I have a feeling some $2,500 donors slip in there this year.
According to a graphic from 2020 that I randomly had saved, we have 231 people who donate $3500 or more.

AppFan11

Unread post by AppFan11 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:04 pm

Season ticket numbers will go down in ‘23 but Yosef will make more $$$$.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:05 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:01 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
I didn't realize we had that many $3,500 and above members. I have a feeling some $2,500 donors slip in there this year.
According to a graphic from 2020 that I randomly had saved, we have 231 people who donate $3500 or more.
Just curious, how many at the $250 level?

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:43 pm

429 people at the $250-$499 level.

Full graphic here:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”