Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Mjohn1988
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:29 pm

From what I see so far the issue is really, really bad communication and moving too fast. The two Doug’s need to learn how to “boil the frog”. You don’t just throw the frog in a hot frying pan, he’s going to jump out. You put him in some nice warm water and heat it up nice and slow.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:42 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:37 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 1:15 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:40 am
In many ways, I understand the probem less the more I read. The per seat donation requirement doesn't seem out of line and no one seems to dispute the financial reality. It also seems that the people most impacted by this change have gotten used to maximizing the return on a minimum donation. I have two seats in 112 and I'm very happy with them. I am not close to impacted by these changes. (Now getting parking figured out will impact me.)
You are correct...the new scheme will have little affect on one or two tickets and probably their parking. It will have a huge affect on families.
You seem to only be thinking about this from your perspective. You're reservering six tickets for a $500 donation. I'm doing the same thing for two tickets (but I donate a fair bit more). The University has a responsibility to maximize what they can get per seat and not "make" people like me feel like chumps for donating more than the minimum. I have absolutely no idea what the demand for tickets in 204 is, but I assume the Athletic Department does.
I will be fine. Believe it or not, it does not piss me off for my outcome (my children are in college or playing and cheering for their own high school football teams. I will get them Miller Hill tickets when they want to come) but I promise there are families out there that are digging way deeper than you are (percentage of income/assets) to buy 4 season tickets for their spouse and children because they enjoy family time and sharing App with their family. I was one of these families with 4 children. Some of you big donors don't sacrifice near what some of our young families do. We just made it really tough on that group. Then you throw in weeknight games, that most families cannot make. Take away mini season packages. Every decision this group has made has been immediate satisfaction money grabs. This is the icing on the cake. They are using this carolina game to make a short term money grab. It will be at the expense of people that buy more than 2 tickets. People that buy two tickets will see almost NO change.

I was looking at the UCF brochure that wasu93 provided and 2adult 2children package had a $0 up front cost, just ticket cost. We just put the screws on our families. We are taking the easy way out on $Money$. If there is a waiting list on season tickets this year it is because of the carolina game. Those are probably professionals that plan to scalp the carolina tickets and will be no where to be found the next year and/or If we have season ticket waiting list it is because we have an artificial amount of "Season Tickets". My guess is less than 1/4th of section 214 are season tickets because it is empty 3 out of 6 games and almost NEVER see the same people. Half way through the game it gets a little filled because they don't enforce who sits where. It is general admission/students moving into seats they didn't buy. The good news is App won't lose much money on my decision and they will have PLENTY of room for the new season ticket waiting list.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:07 am

I’m not going to quote and continue the long thread here but I looked at the 2022 UCF brochure and I didn’t see a family plan with no up front cost. What I saw was their cheapest seat came with a price tag of $26. Still cheaper than our $100 but the seat location is worse than what you can get at KBS. Our plan doesn’t go into affect until 2023 which is after Carolina comes to town so your argument there is moot.

We do have a waiting list of about 200, but if you bothered to read the thread, just above you it was stated that these are people that have applied for season tickets this year and are waiting for the renewal process to be completed for seat allocation. While there is a good chance that these folks are likely only in it for this season, you don’t know that. I get that you are taking a stand for the little guy, and it’s admirable, but stop seeing what you want to see and see what is actually there. Mid week games are an unfortunate reality for App because of our brand. It also didn’t help our cause with getting off of them by packing the stadium for back to back week nights, which also blows your theory that they are bad for families. We aren’t going to go to mini plans because it created another situation for you to complain about buying a three pack and there is a weeknight game in it. It’s ok to be frustrated and I get it. But please stop using your emotions to bash the school and AD for going after a “money grab.” It’s poor form and not correct. These are necessary moves to remain competitive.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:07 am
I’m not going to quote and continue the long thread here but I looked at the 2022 UCF brochure and I didn’t see a family plan with no up front cost. What I saw was their cheapest seat came with a price tag of $26. Still cheaper than our $100 but the seat location is worse than what you can get at KBS. Our plan doesn’t go into affect until 2023 which is after Carolina comes to town so your argument there is moot.

We do have a waiting list of about 200, but if you bothered to read the thread, just above you it was stated that these are people that have applied for season tickets this year and are waiting for the renewal process to be completed for seat allocation. While there is a good chance that these folks are likely only in it for this season, you don’t know that. I get that you are taking a stand for the little guy, and it’s admirable, but stop seeing what you want to see and see what is actually there. Mid week games are an unfortunate reality for App because of our brand. It also didn’t help our cause with getting off of them by packing the stadium for back to back week nights, which also blows your theory that they are bad for families. We aren’t going to go to mini plans because it created another situation for you to complain about buying a three pack and there is a weeknight game in it. It’s ok to be frustrated and I get it. But please stop using your emotions to bash the school and AD for going after a “money grab.” It’s poor form and not correct. These are necessary moves to remain competitive.
You seem to have an answer for everything...I have been pushing for a family section for years. UCF has a couple nice choices for families. Then you would be able to stop the group of 6 splitting a single ticket and know whether it is a family. You also could have 2 adults and allow them to buy children tickets. Bottom line is it would take effort. They went the easiest way they could for a money grab. They are lucky there is a shortage of parking. It will be the only thing that maybe keeps this mess going. Why are the 2 ticket holders getting away with no price increase? Just like you were telling people how to spend their money now you are telling me to "stop seeing what I see". by the way...I am not standing up for the little guy. I am standing up for our families. We have a student fall in love with App Football from their 4 years in college and then when they start a family , we tell them to pay more than everyone else. The fact that they are a family man in the first place means they will make the right decision...why would anyone want to put them in that situation? We need a family section and we need it now. It is unacceptable no matter how you spin it.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:27 am

It appears there are 3 or 4 conference call opportunities for Yosef Club/MAF members to attend over the next week or so. I would encourage all to attend and get athletic department perspective. I would also encourage people to ask questions about different options, etc. I would think the athletic department would want to know thoughts on family section or whatever questions or options if communicated in an appropriate manner. It may or may not change process or options. However, one can inquire to better understand.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 am

I have an answer for everything because the answers are there for you to see. You just choose to not see them. The two ticket holders are probably getting away with no price increase because they already give enough to cover the cost of the seats. It’s pretty simple. They can afford to do so and chose to.

The whole “money grab” comment tells me that you just don’t get it. We just lost two assistants to programs that could pay them more. Not a lot more, but more than we could match or make an attractive offer to retain. We have a first place wrestling team that isn’t able to compete with their full compliment of scholarships. We are about 28 scholarships short of fully funded all of our programs. But hey, it’s a “money grab.” GTHOH! You’re upset and want to vent.

My suggestion to you is march your grumpy butt over to the Rick’s Center and voice your displeasure. Tell them your thoughts on a family section. I just hope with the rising gas prices, that you can afford the gas to get there. Have a great day. Go App.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:16 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 am
I have an answer for everything because the answers are there for you to see. You just choose to not see them. The two ticket holders are probably getting away with no price increase because they already give enough to cover the cost of the seats. It’s pretty simple. They can afford to do so and chose to.

The whole “money grab” comment tells me that you just don’t get it. We just lost two assistants to programs that could pay them more. Not a lot more, but more than we could match or make an attractive offer to retain. We have a first place wrestling team that isn’t able to compete with their full compliment of scholarships. We are about 28 scholarships short of fully funded all of our programs. But hey, it’s a “money grab.” GTHOH! You’re upset and want to vent.

My suggestion to you is march your grumpy butt over to the Rick’s Center and voice your displeasure. Tell them your thoughts on a family section. I just hope with the rising gas prices, that you can afford the gas to get there. Have a great day. Go App.
It is scary if you believe some of the stuff you write and even more scary if you are on one of the decision committees recommending these decisions. We lost coaches to higher salaries due to TV money not season ticket sales and especially not our families who buy season tickets. TV money and bowl money is what separates us...not season ticket sales.

ACC
Postseason bowl revenue totaled $124.9 million, with Clemson making the College Football Playoff and Virginia playing Florida in the Capital One Orange Bowl. The league distributed an average of nearly $32.3 million per school among its 14 full-time members.

They start out 31 million ahead of us plus tv contract money and they are in one of the largest cities in America. I will not respond to any more of your comments. I have wasted enough time on this and I am sure I have made my point to decision makers. It is up to them to solve it or not.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:18 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:16 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:43 am

It is scary if you believe some of the stuff you write and even more scary if you are on one of the decision committees recommending these decisions. We lost coaches to higher salaries due to TV money not season ticket sales and especially not our families who buy season tickets. TV money and bowl money is what separates us...not season ticket sales.

ACC
Postseason bowl revenue totaled $124.9 million, with Clemson making the College Football Playoff and Virginia playing Florida in the Capital One Orange Bowl. The league distributed an average of nearly $32.3 million per school among its 14 full-time members.

They start out 31 million ahead of us plus tv contract money and they are in one of the largest cities in America. I will not respond to any more of your comments. I have wasted enough time on this and I am sure I have made my point to decision makers. It is up to them to solve it or not.
Dude, just enjoy your pit of misery.

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:23 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 am
AppSt94 wrote:

You seem to have an answer for everything...I have been pushing for a family section for years. UCF has a couple nice choices for families. Then you would be able to stop the group of 6 splitting a single ticket and know whether it is a family. You also could have 2 adults and allow them to buy children tickets. Bottom line is it would take effort. They went the easiest way they could for a money grab. They are lucky there is a shortage of parking. It will be the only thing that maybe keeps this mess going. Why are the 2 ticket holders getting away with no price increase? Just like you were telling people how to spend their money now you are telling me to "stop seeing what I see". by the way...I am not standing up for the little guy. I am standing up for our families. We have a student fall in love with App Football from their 4 years in college and then when they start a family , we tell them to pay more than everyone else. The fact that they are a family man in the first place means they will make the right decision...why would anyone want to put them in that situation? We need a family section and we need it now. It is unacceptable no matter how you spin it.
Do you complain at the grocery store when a childless couple pays less than people with children?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:39 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:09 am
AppSt94 wrote:

How are you figuring that people how get to tickets don't face a price increase?

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:05 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:39 am
How are you figuring that people how get to tickets don't face a price increase?
While I had a mild stroke reading this, I agree with this point.

My current 2 tickets are in 203 which judging by the per seat model is a minimum $800 dollar donation. It's currently a minimum $500 dollar donation. I guess it won't jump up for a single person with a single game ticket, but anyone who buys 2 or more, it can definitely raise. Generally speaking, most people chose to have the kids, which in itself is choosing to pay more for everything for the foreseeable future.

Full disclosure this doesn't affect me as I already donate above the minimum to try to get better parking.

Couple of thoughts from me:

To me, the midfield 40-40 should be a different per seat pricing than the 20-40 seats. I like my seats, but I'm basically staring down the 20 yard yard line which doesn't exactly feel "premium" even though it's in the "premium" section. The per seat model makes sense, it just needs a little tweaking.

Make Miller Hill a season ticket option for the family zone with no minimum YC requirement. Keep it at $215 per ticket. If you don't want to/can't pay the increases you can still get in for the same price as before, you just won't have an official seat.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:40 pm

What I have done is I have 2 season tickets most of the time if I need extra I call and get singles next to me or right around me. It works out most times if not I'll just find another section where we all sit.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:57 pm

I'm glad it went up on the families. All these dang kids around giving me the stink eye when I'm trying to mix a liquor drink...

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:00 pm

mike87 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:57 pm
I'm glad it went up on the families. All these dang kids around giving me the stink eye when I'm trying to mix a liquor drink...
Maybe they are hoping that you pass it around.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:31 pm

After much reflection...I decided AppSt94 was right. The system does make sense.

So serious question...I was looking at it more and running all these numbers and all of a sudden it came to me that none of this makes any sense. What is the purpose of a seat fee at all. Why is it not just..."Your season tickets in black section are 650" "your season tickets in the yellow section are 425", "your season tickets in orange section are 350". It sure is complicated for no more of a basic outcome than stated above. Then parking is based on how much you spend on season tickets.....OH WAIT...I am starting to see....Wait...am I allowed to see....Maybe...NO...could it be..The family would have more pull than the single and couples and get better parking. We must not let that happen.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:47 pm

There are plenty of families that are making it work. Take the “L” and just acknowledge that your rant is all about you. As I stated many posts ago, either give more to keep your seats, downsize your seats through fewer seats or change to a more fiscally responsible section, or choose to stay home. Either way, no one here can make all of your dreams come true. Peace out.

Edit: I voiced your concerns up the chain. Please feel free to jump in on one of the Zoom calls to voice your concerns. They are waiting for your commentary.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:42 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:31 pm
After much reflection...I decided AppSt94 was right. The system does make sense.

So serious question...I was looking at it more and running all these numbers and all of a sudden it came to me that none of this makes any sense. What is the purpose of a seat fee at all. Why is it not just..."Your season tickets in black section are 650" "your season tickets in the yellow section are 425", "your season tickets in orange section are 350". It sure is complicated for no more of a basic outcome than stated above. Then parking is based on how much you spend on season tickets.....OH WAIT...I am starting to see....Wait...am I allowed to see....Maybe...NO...could it be..The family would have more pull than the single and couples and get better parking. We must not let that happen.
You do get that the Yosef Club is a charity? The money they raise goes to fund student athlete scholarships? Donations to the YC are tax deductible in a way that the money you spend on tickets are not.

Also, you understand that six is more than two? Do you find it outrageous when you pay three times as much for six apples as someone who only buys two?

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:31 pm

Worth a gander. A lot of questions, a lot of assumptions, here's your chance to get answers and to evaluate where things are headed.
Take part and get informed. Check your email, you should have received this invite from YC.

-WXAPP
INFORMED.JPG
Last edited by WXAPP on Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitter: @wxcrum

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:56 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:42 pm
spacemonkey wrote:

You do get that the Yosef Club is a charity? The money they raise goes to fund student athlete scholarships? Donations to the YC are tax deductible in a way that the money you spend on tickets are not.

Also, you understand that six is more than two? Do you find it outrageous when you pay three times as much for six apples as someone who only buys two?
Are you aware of volume discounts?

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:59 pm

spacemonkey wrote:

Can you seriously not see the problem with your own scenario. If you and your family are in the black section you are paying $650 for 4 seats or $162.50 per seat but me and my wife sitting right next to you are paying $325 a seat. You aren't getting screwed next year . I've been screwed for the last 7.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”