Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:02 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:42 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:31 pm
After much reflection...I decided AppSt94 was right. The system does make sense.

So serious question...I was looking at it more and running all these numbers and all of a sudden it came to me that none of this makes any sense. What is the purpose of a seat fee at all. Why is it not just..."Your season tickets in black section are 650" "your season tickets in the yellow section are 425", "your season tickets in orange section are 350". It sure is complicated for no more of a basic outcome than stated above. Then parking is based on how much you spend on season tickets.....OH WAIT...I am starting to see....Wait...am I allowed to see....Maybe...NO...could it be..The family would have more pull than the single and couples and get better parking. We must not let that happen.
You do get that the Yosef Club is a charity? The money they raise goes to fund student athlete scholarships? Donations to the YC are tax deductible in a way that the money you spend on tickets are not.

Also, you understand that six is more than two? Do you find it outrageous when you pay three times as much for six apples as someone who only buys two?
Not everyone is ready to give to a charity. Some are still paying off their own college education and they are their favorite charity at this time. They are also probably saving for their favorite charity...their children.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:25 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:02 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
After much reflection...I decided AppSt94 was right. The system does make sense.

So serious question...I was looking at it more and running all these numbers and all of a sudden it came to me that none of this makes any sense. What is the purpose of a seat fee at all. Why is it not just..."Your season tickets in black section are 650" "your season tickets in the yellow section are 425", "your season tickets in orange section are 350". It sure is complicated for no more of a basic outcome than stated above. Then parking is based on how much you spend on season tickets.....OH WAIT...I am starting to see....Wait...am I allowed to see....Maybe...NO...could it be..The family would have more pull than the single and couples and get better parking. We must not let that happen.
You do get that the Yosef Club is a charity? The money they raise goes to fund student athlete scholarships? Donations to the YC are tax deductible in a way that the money you spend on tickets are not.

Also, you understand that six is more than two? Do you find it outrageous when you pay three times as much for six apples as someone who only buys two?
Not everyone is ready to give to a charity. Some are still paying off their own college education and they are their favorite charity at this time. They are also probably saving for their favorite charity...their children.
If that’s the case, then maybe football tickets for the family isn’t the wisest move in terms of an investment.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:39 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:56 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

Are you aware of volume discounts?
Dude, I've tried to understand your points. I've tried to be sympathetic. But as far as I'm concerned, this issue isn't that you have a family. You have done the absolute minimum and the minimum is going up. This ain't Costco! Volume discount.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:01 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:39 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:56 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

Are you aware of volume discounts?
Dude, I've tried to understand your points. I've tried to be sympathetic. But as far as I'm concerned, this issue isn't that you have a family. You have done the absolute minimum and the minimum is going up. This ain't Costco! Volume discount.
Nailed it!

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:21 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:02 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

DO what's best for you...This is still over a year out. To stay competitive in FBS and all other sports donating to the YC is a must. As we see year in and year out retaining coaches is hard. But we also see many of the sports teams at APP being competitive (YC helps fund these programs). Are we going to keep every coach in every sport? NO - Can't keep saying next man up. We have to do all we can to try to keep staff.

I understand some people are upset but this needs to happen along with better branding, the opportunities are there for more revenue. I have children as well - I'm a teacher in NC and this little nugget...I'm not even alumni but understand that this is a necessity to move forward. From my own experiences I can say Boosters/ donations help the ENTIRE athletic program. Listen I'm not being smart when I say this but there's always the route of single game tickets as well. I have 2 season tickets but when my kids come I get singles next to me or right around me...If not we move to a different area and I sell my tixs. I see a bigger picture but that's just me.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:39 pm

I think my disconnect is not valuing a season ticket holder...especially a season ticket holder that buys many season tickets. Does that money not help the program? Do only charitable seat buys help the program? My minimum is probably more than some maximums. A season ticket holder is guaranteeing a ticket sold. Individual tickets are sold if the weather is good and if we have winning seasons. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like to me we are clearing out the black sections in hopes of selling higher priced individual tickets. So the band wagon one game wonder will have great seats and the season ticket holder that pays the bills year in and year out will have the worst seats in the house. The single tickets are definitely an option. I am 90% sure I will move back to my old seats. It will cost me about the same but I will get three parking spaces. So I got that going for me I can spread out on my pregame tailgate. Or scalp them to carolina fans.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:59 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:39 pm
I think my disconnect is not valuing a season ticket holder...especially a season ticket holder that buys many season tickets. Does that money not help the program? Do only charitable seat buys help the program? My minimum is probably more than some maximums. A season ticket holder is guaranteeing a ticket sold. Individual tickets are sold if the weather is good and if we have winning seasons. Maybe I am wrong but it looks like to me we are clearing out the black sections in hopes of selling higher priced individual tickets. So the band wagon one game wonder will have great seats and the season ticket holder that pays the bills year in and year out will have the worst seats in the house. The single tickets are definitely an option. I am 90% sure I will move back to my old seats. It will cost me about the same but I will get three parking spaces. So I got that going for me I can spread out on my pregame tailgate. Or scalp them to carolina fans.
And once again you are showing how obtuse you are in doubling down on your argument. This all takes place in 2023. The one hit wonder as you call it happens in 2022. So they play no part in this decision. Jesus, stop whining.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:23 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:59 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
And once again you are showing how obtuse you are in doubling down on your argument. This all takes place in 2023. The one hit wonder as you call it happens in 2022. So they play no part in this decision. Jesus, stop whining.
You really shouldn't use the lord's name in vane. So is the plan to add a fee to the single game tickets for the black sections. $400/6 games would be a $66.66 add on to each individual ticket. It should add much needed money to the coffers. We will be retaining lots of coaches with that kind of cheddar.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:27 pm

I will get three parking spaces. So I got that going for me I can spread out on my pregame tailgate.

You only get 1 parking space for one YC donation. I had two for several years, but 3 years ago the made me choose only one.
Bring Your A Game!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:39 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:27 pm
I will get three parking spaces. So I got that going for me I can spread out on my pregame tailgate.

You only get 1 parking space for one YC donation. I had two for several years, but 3 years ago the made me choose only one.
I can put two tickets in my wife's name. Two in my Son's name and Two in my name. Two is the magic number on the new scheme.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:44 pm

Get on the train Francis....it’s leaving with or without you and the fare has gone up.

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:58 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:39 pm
huskie3 wrote:

I can put two tickets in my wife's name. Two in my Son's name and Two in my name. Two is the magic number on the new scheme.
Not trying to be a d with this response but just so you know you are not guarenteed the lot you want just because you give enough for that lot. Your 3 spots could be in 2 different lots.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:48 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:39 pm
huskie3 wrote:

Please split your donation amongst more people. It will help the rest of us that consolidate be higher on the priority point list.

Capt. Ed

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:26 am

I'm attending the Yosef Zoom meeting today at 6:00 PM.

This year I donated $700 to Yosef and bought 2 season tickets in section 214 and requested River Street Deck for $500, total $1200. Here's what I think I'll owe in 2023; $500 for 2 season tickets and $800 for seat donation for a total minimum outlay of $1300.

Is it correct my 2023 total requiredvcommitment goes up $100?

Ozzies

Unread post by Ozzies » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:40 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:26 am

This year I donated $700 to Yosef and bought 2 season tickets in section 214 and requested River Street Deck for $500, total $1200. Here's what I think I'll owe in 2023; $500 for 2 season tickets and $800 for seat donation for a total minimum outlay of $1300.

Based on what you said, you've got at least half of it right. Your cost will be $1300 in 2023 for two seats/tickets. I had trouble following your 2021 costs. At a $700 YC donation and ticket cost of $430 ($215x2) your 2021 cost would have been $1130. I know its splitting hairs but either way in only a marginal increase.

I think this new model is GREAT.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:41 am

The cost of bacon has risen 30% or more...........the world is coming to an end.
I'll bet most spend more on their cell phones and cable bills than they give to App.

Ozzies

Unread post by Ozzies » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:43 am

spacemonkey wrote:
I think its great that you are moving back to your old seats (even though I dont know where they were). Both you and I win with that scenario. I have four seats now in section 204 and needed to add two more but was worried I might not be able to get the two additional close to where I am now. You will be helping us both out.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:51 am

OK, any time there are price increases, it results in bickering. I get it....my budget is tight also. I have concerns about this resulting in short term negative impact on negative ticket sales (unintended consequences) but anyone who actually claims to NOT see the reason for this increase is just not trying. I absolutely hope that my concerns are unfounded! Here are a couple of points, I'd like to make though: 1) Nobody is being "screwed" by the new policy, nor has anybody been "screwed" in the past. The system (whether flawed or not) is published in advance and decisions are made with full knowledge. The fact that you don't like your options doesn't mean you're getting screwed. 2) There is a limited opportunity for revenue based on available seating. The new policy is simply trying to bring in needed revenue based on that limited supply. the old system has left money on the table. As much as I hate price increases (and I definitely do), it's not hard to understand that we need to increase revenue. 4) App State athletics has always been and remains a bargain compared to the market. Everyone should have known that prices would normalize at some point and given the huge hit taken in 2020, I'm surprised it didn't happen before now.

Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours doesn't have to agree with mine. That said, anyone who is projecting doom and gloom and to those few who seem to be actually CALLING for it, should probably step back and get some perspective.

PROUD TO BE A MOUNTAINEER.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:51 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:26 am

That seems correct. You would need a minimum $900 donation to qualify for a Rivers Street Deck pass. That minimum covers the seat donation. So yes, you would just need to by the tickets for a total of $1400. I would like to preface in saying that you aren’t guaranteed Rivers St. it would depend on demand from people higher up in priority points. For instance, you might have folks that qualify for the Stadium Deck, but prefer to park in the Rivers St Deck for convenience or proximity to friends. They would get the space allotment. In my case, I don’t want to park on the stadium side of Rivers St. so I park in Peacock.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:55 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:51 am
OK, any time there are price increases, it results in bickering. I get it....my budget is tight also. I have concerns about this resulting in short term negative impact on negative ticket sales (unintended consequences) but anyone who actually claims to NOT see the reason for this increase is just not trying. I absolutely hope that my concerns are unfounded! Here are a couple of points, I'd like to make though: 1) Nobody is being "screwed" by the new policy, nor has anybody been "screwed" in the past. The system (whether flawed or not) is published in advance and decisions are made with full knowledge. The fact that you don't like your options doesn't mean you're getting screwed. 2) There is a limited opportunity for revenue based on available seating. The new policy is simply trying to bring in needed revenue based on that limited supply. the old system has left money on the table. As much as I hate price increases (and I definitely do), it's not hard to understand that we need to increase revenue. 4) App State athletics has always been and remains a bargain compared to the market. Everyone should have known that prices would normalize at some point and given the huge hit taken in 2020, I'm surprised it didn't happen before now.

Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours doesn't have to agree with mine. That said, anyone who is projecting doom and gloom and to those few who seem to be actually CALLING for it, should probably step back and get some perspective.

PROUD TO BE A MOUNTAINEER.
Well stated. I would like to add that this is not a “money grab” by the school.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”