Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:42 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:37 pm
"Gillon agreed with this. But, he's hired folks to take this over and has let them handle it."

Maybe or maybe not the intention..if someone is saying it is out of DG:s hands, I disagree with that conclusion. People hire consultants and/or outsource ideas all the time. However, the CEO owns it and agrees and says go ahead or the CEO disagrees and elects to not take a different direction. Although painful, I fully support having increases. We have been paying matinee prices for a primetime show. With that said, DG owns it and he has final day at end of the day. I am glad he ultimately elected this course. This is why we hired him in this position....ie making the unpopular decision for the betterment of the overall program long-term.
It's not out of DG's hands. He just knows he's hired people that have more experience than him in this stuff. He agrees it should have been a slower transition, but also knows he pays people that know more than him in this realm so he's taking their suggestion(s) (mainly Ransdell).

Again, I don't think anybody is complaining about the increase. The complaints I have heard and have shared are about the suddenness of said increases.

I hope I am wrong as can be, but I fully expect a huge plummet in membership and season ticket holders in 2023.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:52 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:42 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
"Gillon agreed with this. But, he's hired folks to take this over and has let them handle it."

Maybe or maybe not the intention..if someone is saying it is out of DG:s hands, I disagree with that conclusion. People hire consultants and/or outsource ideas all the time. However, the CEO owns it and agrees and says go ahead or the CEO disagrees and elects to not take a different direction. Although painful, I fully support having increases. We have been paying matinee prices for a primetime show. With that said, DG owns it and he has final day at end of the day. I am glad he ultimately elected this course. This is why we hired him in this position....ie making the unpopular decision for the betterment of the overall program long-term.
It's not out of DG's hands. He just knows he's hired people that have more experience than him in this stuff. He agrees it should have been a slower transition, but also knows he pays people that know more than him in this realm so he's taking their suggestion(s) (mainly Ransdell).

Again, I don't think anybody is complaining about the increase. The complaints I have heard and have shared are about the suddenness of said increases.

I hope I am wrong as can be, but I fully expect a huge plummet in membership and season ticket holders in 2023.
He is the AD. There should not be people who know more about this than him.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:19 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:52 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

And good leaders know enough to know they may not know enough. Gillin is putting the people he hired to do a job to do their job. That is what they are paid to do, he is going to trust their decisions.

Just because he is the AD doesn't mean others won't have more knowledge on growing a booster club.
tAPPedInSports.net

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:37 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:39 am
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:34 am
I believe the 3-year commitment is to keep current ticket pricing of $250 per season ticket for 3 years so that you don't have to pay for any increases that may happen during the next 3 years.
Ticket prices, may very well be set for 3 years. My understanding though is in ‘23 we all have to increase to a per seat minimum donation to purchase those tickets at a price of $250.
Just depends on what you're giving. It has no effect on me.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:12 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:19 pm
bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

And good leaders know enough to know they may not know enough. Gillin is putting the people he hired to do a job to do their job. That is what they are paid to do, he is going to trust their decisions.

Just because he is the AD doesn't mean others won't have more knowledge on growing a booster club.
The CEO is responsible and accountable to all decisions made by his subordinates.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:53 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:12 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

The CEO is responsible and accountable to all decisions made by his subordinates.
Absolutely. Nothing has been suggested otherwise. Just because the CEO may disagree with something doesn't mean they don't empower their directs to perform what they feel is the best option.

A good leader will realize when others have more expertise in a certain area. Gillin is a great leader.
tAPPedInSports.net

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:04 am

Season tickets will plummet from this decision in the high-end middle sections. When they do I will just laugh. When we have a losing season and they ask for me to dig deep because they aren't sure where the fans are....I will laugh again. Let's move all the long time fans to Miller Hill and let the stands be empty on a Dream. I will be posting a picture of section 214,215,216 each week in 2023 and 24. It will be a lot of aluminum. Maybe there will be some baby blue there for one week next year.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:17 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 4:13 pm
TheMoody1 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:52 pm
I know this new system is going to cost most everyone more money, but computing the donation amounts on a per seat basis seems to be the fairest way.

The old system is sort of like my company sponsored health care plan. Whether you have one child or six the cost is the same. As someone who has one child, I never thought that was fair.
That is an excellent correlation.
So based on your fairest way. Can I go to someone else's seat and out bid them now to get back my seat?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:04 am

Season ticket sales are going to be in '23 because Carolina not playing here.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:48 am

AppStateMtneer wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:41 pm
What a complete bummer… 2022 looks to be the last year I’m a YC member and season ticket holder :(
I hate to ask this but you will not be a YC member because giving levels are going up?
You don’t see the value in continuing your current donation?

ASUchipman

Unread post by ASUchipman » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:28 am

And there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the land of the bearded mascot. The truth is, everyone wanted to move up and play big boy football. That costs money. It’s time to pay the bill.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:58 am

ASUchipman wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:28 am
And there was great wailing and gnashing of teeth in the land of the bearded mascot. The truth is, everyone wanted to move up and play big boy football. That costs money. It’s time to pay the bill.
Couldn't agree with you more!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:48 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:53 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:12 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Absolutely. Nothing has been suggested otherwise. Just because the CEO may disagree with something doesn't mean they don't empower their directs to perform what they feel is the best option.

A good leader will realize when others have more expertise in a certain area. Gillin is a great leader.
All true, but the CEO a) isn’t going to sign off on something that he doesn’t agree with, and b) he isn’t going to outwardly say to anyone that he didn’t agree with it being the best solution.

I wasn’t on your call with Gillin so I am not going to assume or insist that your recollection is inaccurate. All I will say is that I spoke with him face to face yesterday and I didn’t get that vibe from him at all. I’m sure he expected blow back from some fans, sure. But his job is to run a program that is best for the university.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:49 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:04 am
Season tickets will plummet from this decision in the high-end middle sections. When they do I will just laugh. When we have a losing season and they ask for me to dig deep because they aren't sure where the fans are....I will laugh again. Let's move all the long time fans to Miller Hill and let the stands be empty on a Dream. I will be posting a picture of section 214,215,216 each week in 2023 and 24. It will be a lot of aluminum. Maybe there will be some baby blue there for one week next year.
I get your frustration but your rooting for failure so that you can feel validated is a bit much.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:38 am

Just like a previous poster said everybody wants to play big boy football this is what happens when you want to play at a higher level. Not only does it help the football team but it benefits all athletic teams as well. I hear a lot of posters say they weren’t given enough time for the changes. This is over a year out how much notice do people need. Take a look at some of these other conferences and see what the donation is with season tickets and see how lucky being a part of App state really Is. (just for example just to get two tickets for South Carolina in the upper level the donation has to be around $1000). Just a lot of complaining going on if the donations dont happen you might as well just go back to FCS.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:48 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:04 am
I wouldn't mind a bit more elbow room in 111 if you wouldn't mind adding that to your hopes of the demise of attendance.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:26 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

I have to respectfully but very strongly disagree. He is not the CEO of a fortune 500 company. Income is his every day number one responsibility. He should be VERY heavily involved in the development of the booster club and ticket sales. If this goes poorly just who do you feel will be responsible.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:58 pm

This is Doug's , he signed off on it regardless of who developed it.He owns it.That being said , it's past time .We have been giving the program away for decades and it's time to move on , or sink back. I like winning and am willing to make the investment. With the payment plan on tickets and YOSEF dues I have no complaints.I am much more concerned about what is going on at the grocery store and the gas pump.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:02 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:58 pm
This is Doug's , he signed off on it regardless of who developed it.He owns it.That being said , it's past time .We have been giving the program away for decades and it's time to move on , or sink back. I like winning and am willing to make the investment. With the payment plan on tickets and YOSEF dues I have no complaints.I am much more concerned about what is going on at the grocery store and the gas pump.
Last sentence is a winner.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:06 pm

bcoach wrote:
Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:26 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:

I have to respectfully but very strongly disagree. He is not the CEO of a fortune 500 company. Income is his every day number one responsibility. He should be VERY heavily involved in the development of the booster club and ticket sales. If this goes poorly just who do you feel will be responsible.
Who said he's not heavily involved? Who said the blame goes to someone else?

Just because he disagrees with certain aspects of it doesn't mean he doesn't still sign off on it knowing that's what he's hired these folks to do.

You can read in to it how you want, but the bottom line is Gillin had the same thoughts most fans have -- "wow, that came suddenly. It's the right move, but doing it without any warning is a hindrance for many!" However, knowing he's hired people to do this exact thing and their suggestion was to start it now, he went along with it because that is their expertise!

Do you think Steve Jobs agreed to every marketing campaign Apple did? Probably not because technology was Mr. Jobs strong suit. He hired marketing folks to handle it, and signed off on it knowing they had more knowledge in that area.
tAPPedInSports.net

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”