Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Capt. Ed
School: Appalachian State

Re: Yosef Parking - Looks like inflation has hit

Unread post by Capt. Ed » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:16 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:51 am
Capt. Ed wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:26 am
I'm attending the Yosef Zoom meeting today at 6:00 PM.

This year I donated $700 to Yosef and bought 2 season tickets in section 214 and requested River Street Deck for $500, total $1200. Here's what I think I'll owe in 2023; $500 for 2 season tickets and $800 for seat donation for a total minimum outlay of $1300.

Is it correct my 2023 total requiredvcommitment goes up $100?
That seems correct. You would need a minimum $900 donation to qualify for a Rivers Street Deck pass. That minimum covers the seat donation. So yes, you would just need to by the tickets for a total of $1400. I would like to preface in saying that you aren’t guaranteed Rivers St. it would depend on demand from people higher up in priority points. For instance, you might have folks that qualify for the Stadium Deck, but prefer to park in the Rivers St Deck for convenience or proximity to friends. They would get the space allotment. In my case, I don’t want to park on the stadium side of Rivers St. so I park in Peacock.

I believe it's $900 for River Street Roof, the deck spaces are $650 for 2022.

$750 Riv St Deck Roof $900 $900 $950
$500 Riv St Deck $650 $650 $700

For Priority Points, the only info I can find is my Mountaineers Athletic Fund ranking of 633 out of 1252. Is this what they use to determine which lot?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:21 am

Capt. Ed wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:16 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Capt. Ed wrote:

This year I donated $700 to Yosef and bought 2 season tickets in section 214 and requested River Street Deck for $500, total $1200. Here's what I think I'll owe in 2023; $500 for 2 season tickets and $800 for seat donation for a total minimum outlay of $1300.

That seems correct. You would need a minimum $900 donation to qualify for a Rivers Street Deck pass. That minimum covers the seat donation. So yes, you would just need to by the tickets for a total of $1400. I would like to preface in saying that you aren’t guaranteed Rivers St. it would depend on demand from people higher up in priority points. For instance, you might have folks that qualify for the Stadium Deck, but prefer to park in the Rivers St Deck for convenience or proximity to friends. They would get the space allotment. In my case, I don’t want to park on the stadium side of Rivers St. so I park in Peacock.

For Priority Points, the only info I can find is my Mountaineers Athletic Fund ranking of 633 out of 1252. Is this what they use to determine which lot?
Correct. I’m sorry, I didn’t see that was for the Roof. So if the parking is a minimum of $700 then you will need to donate at least $800 to YC. That $800 grants you the opportunity to get your two tickets and qualifies you for Rivers St Deck as an option. Add in your $500 for tickets and you are at $1300. My statement still applies. It will depend on how many above you request to park there. But there are a lot of folks that haven’t renewed yet. I keep watching mine fall as more people renew. Sorry for the confusion.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:36 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:21 am
Capt. Ed wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:16 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Capt. Ed wrote:

Correct. I’m sorry, I didn’t see that was for the Roof. My statement still applies. It will depend on how many above you request to park there. But there are a lot of folks that haven’t renewed yet. I keep watching mine fall as more people renew.
AppSt94 you could grab a few extra tickets and you could move right up that board..it would be great for our program and I have been told it is tax deductible. Win Win for everyone, Appstate tickets are a bargain compared to other places. Get a few extra tickets. You will have almost double what you need for Peacock. It will be great.

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:57 am

I've learned you can't reason with irrational...not worth the argument

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:01 am

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:57 am
I've learned you can't reason with irrational...not worth the argument
Dude needs a hug.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:16 am

The hypocrisy and irony of this statement.

"It will depend on how many above you request to park there. But there are a lot of folks that haven’t renewed yet. I keep watching mine fall as more people renew. Sorry for the confusion."

"Too many darn people are renewing and I keep falling."

You should have tripled the cost for a family and maybe less would have renewed and you could have moved up without giving more.

I am sure you will dig deep and give "THE MINIMUM" to keep you parking spot.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:25 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:16 am

"It will depend on how many above you request to park there. But there are a lot of folks that haven’t renewed yet. I keep watching mine fall as more people renew. Sorry for the confusion."

You should have tripled the cost for a family and maybe less would have renewed and you could have moved up without giving more.

As to how much I give on a yearly basis is none of your business. Suffice to say, I CHOOSE to park where I do.

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:15 am

Yosef84 wrote:
OK, any time there are price increases, it results in bickering. I get it....my budget is tight also. I have concerns about this resulting in short term negative impact on negative ticket sales (unintended consequences) but anyone who actually claims to NOT see the reason for this increase is just not trying. I absolutely hope that my concerns are unfounded! Here are a couple of points, I'd like to make though: 1) Nobody is being "screwed" by the new policy, nor has anybody been "screwed" in the past. The system (whether flawed or not) is published in advance and decisions are made with full knowledge. The fact that you don't like your options doesn't mean you're getting screwed. 2) There is a limited opportunity for revenue based on available seating. The new policy is simply trying to bring in needed revenue based on that limited supply. the old system has left money on the table. As much as I hate price increases (and I definitely do), it's not hard to understand that we need to increase revenue. 4) App State athletics has always been and remains a bargain compared to the market. Everyone should have known that prices would normalize at some point and given the huge hit taken in 2020, I'm surprised it didn't happen before now.

Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours doesn't have to agree with mine. That said, anyone who is projecting doom and gloom and to those few who seem to be actually CALLING for it, should probably step back and get some perspective.

PROUD TO BE A MOUNTAINEER.
Just wanted to say I don't feel I was screwed in the past. But if I go along with the line of thinking of feeling you are getting the shaft next year then I have been up til now

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:19 pm

postalapp90 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:15 am
Yosef84 wrote:
OK, any time there are price increases, it results in bickering. I get it....my budget is tight also. I have concerns about this resulting in short term negative impact on negative ticket sales (unintended consequences) but anyone who actually claims to NOT see the reason for this increase is just not trying. I absolutely hope that my concerns are unfounded! Here are a couple of points, I'd like to make though: 1) Nobody is being "screwed" by the new policy, nor has anybody been "screwed" in the past. The system (whether flawed or not) is published in advance and decisions are made with full knowledge. The fact that you don't like your options doesn't mean you're getting screwed. 2) There is a limited opportunity for revenue based on available seating. The new policy is simply trying to bring in needed revenue based on that limited supply. the old system has left money on the table. As much as I hate price increases (and I definitely do), it's not hard to understand that we need to increase revenue. 4) App State athletics has always been and remains a bargain compared to the market. Everyone should have known that prices would normalize at some point and given the huge hit taken in 2020, I'm surprised it didn't happen before now.

Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion and yours doesn't have to agree with mine. That said, anyone who is projecting doom and gloom and to those few who seem to be actually CALLING for it, should probably step back and get some perspective.

Just wanted to say I don't feel I was screwed in the past. But if I go along with the line of thinking of feeling you are getting the shaft next year then I have been up til now
I totally get that it FEELS like that, but that is somewhat black & white thinking based on the idea that policies shouldn't change. Any time a policy changes, there are going to be instances where some are impacted more than others. The world we live in is anything BUT consistent, and in order to continue growth, App has to make some updates. My comment in my earlier post was that the change feels a bit abrupt. I hope that doesn't have a negative impact, but I hope the program continues to grow and succeed. How you perceive the impact is your individual right but ultimately that is a choice. I'm choosing to interpret it as a necessary change and not personalize it. That's just me. GO APPS!

Hudson2002

Unread post by Hudson2002 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:28 pm

Where does the priority points ranking display on the MAF website? I signed in and cannot figure out where to find that.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:34 pm

Parked in Lower Justice for 10 years, on the back half that lot minimum was 60% of our then donation. Justice was taken away last year due to construction, but was told we'd get first rights to get back there. Now I'm priced out of that lot or I can increase my donation to maintain it. I haven't decided if we'll do that, but I'm not upset that a charity I love is looking to grow revenue if the demand justifies the increase. I'm actually fairly happy there are enough donors giving above my level that it's warranted.

The reason to give isn't what I personally get out it. I'll give up my season tickets before I stop donating to the Yosef Club.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:43 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:34 pm
Parked in Lower Justice for 10 years, on the back half that lot minimum was 60% of our then donation. Justice was taken away last year due to construction, but was told we'd get first rights to get back there. Now I'm priced out of that lot or I can increase my donation to maintain it. I haven't decided if we'll do that, but I'm not upset that a charity I love is looking to grow revenue if the demand justifies the increase. I'm actually fairly happy there are enough donors giving above my level that it's warranted.

The reason to give isn't what I personally get out it. I'll give up my season tickets before I stop donating to the Yosef Club.
We liked that spot also. Easy in and out and plenty of room down there.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:56 pm

Hudson2002 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:28 pm
Where does the priority points ranking display on the MAF website? I signed in and cannot figure out where to find that.
It won’t show if you haven’t renewed. If you have. On your main page there are two black ribbons. “Tickets” “Donation” at the bottom of the Donations there is a “View My Priority Points” click on that.

If you have made your donation in the last 24 hours, it may not be there.

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:43 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:19 pm
postalapp90 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

I totally get that it FEELS like that, but that is somewhat black & white thinking based on the idea that policies shouldn't change. Any time a policy changes, there are going to be instances where some are impacted more than others. The world we live in is anything BUT consistent, and in order to continue growth, App has to make some updates. My comment in my earlier post was that the change feels a bit abrupt. I hope that doesn't have a negative impact, but I hope the program continues to grow and succeed. How you perceive the impact is your individual right but ultimately that is a choice. I'm choosing to interpret it as a necessary change and not personalize it. That's just me. GO APPS!
Once again I dont now or ever feel I was screwed on pricing. Its just a response to some others thinking. Personally I'm shocked we haven't raised prices til now . I've been planning for this for years. I think we should have had per seat pricing from the start but I assume they were afraid of running people off.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:52 pm

postalapp90 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:43 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:19 pm
postalapp90 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

Once again I dont now or ever feel I was screwed on pricing. Its just a response to some others thinking. Personally I'm shocked we haven't raised prices til now . I've been planning for this for years. I think we should have had per seat pricing from the start but I assume they were afraid of running people off.
Honestly, they should have done it for this year with Carolina coming in.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:16 pm

Communication. The key to any successful endeavor.

coachprouty

Unread post by coachprouty » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:33 pm

I did not understand the parking request process last year, my first year getting season tickets so I had no parking pass even though I donated the minimum to get access. I renewed this year (2) and also bumped my Yosef Donation to 375 in hopes that I would be able to get one of the three lowest donation lots, I am starting to wonder if that is even going to be a possibility now. I hated parking in a different spot each time, I would hope that almost $900 would be worth two seats and a parking spot. :lol:

How do we compare to other NC Schools? I may have to do some research and find out. I guess with limited parking in Boone overall it makes it harder to give everyone who donates access to a parking pass. I am happy to give an extra 275 beyond what I need to give this year and 175 next year to help out athletics, but it would be nice to know if I am going to be able to park somewhere consistent on gameday.
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:11 am

spacemonkey wrote:

My therapist says I need to point out when I am right and that I need to be more confident with my opinions. I noticed the new season ticket seating chart for next year is out and guess what?????? The many seats I was pushed out of this year are back to the low price range next year. Who could have possibly known??? Oh..I know, I know....ME!!!!!

The good news is I am happy with my lower priced seats and paying the parking fee to a local business. I also was able to take my family for $10 dollar tickets this year...It was nice.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:50 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:11 am
spacemonkey wrote:

My therapist says I need to point out when I am right and that I need to be more confident with my opinions. I noticed the new season ticket seating chart for next year is out and guess what?????? The many seats I was pushed out of this year are back to the low price range next year. Who could have possibly known??? Oh..I know, I know....ME!!!!!

The good news is I am happy with my lower priced seats and paying the parking fee to a local business. I also was able to take my family for $10 dollar tickets this year...It was nice.
That's good...you should have more money to help the programs thru Yosef Club

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 am

I made a pretty decent gift today (Yosef Club) on giving Tuesday...but I am still pissed how this was handled and I am still pissed that there is no family section. Pushing out long term Supporters/season ticket holders is the worst idea an organization can ever have. The good news is ECU fans should be able to watch next years game in some great seats.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”