Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Andre Goodman

Apple@chin1
School: Appalachian State

Andre Goodman

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:22 pm

I was scrolling Twitter and saw Andre Goodman's tweet that he intends to transfer. Then a short time later the tweet was deleted. Is Andre planning to transfer? I was hoping that we'd get to see him perform in a game time situation. I can only assume that he's buried on the depth chart.

firemoose

Re: Andre Goodman

Unread post by firemoose » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:17 pm

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:22 pm
I can only assume that he's buried on the depth chart.
I don't think that's it. He has the talent. There are other things happening.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:38 am

If college football isn’t there yet they soon will be at a point where the top 40 or so schools won’t really have a legit 3rd string QB who works his tail off, waits his turn and maybe becomes a starter his junior year. The mid tier types like App will be fortunate to keep quality backups on the roster. How many QB’s transfer every year now nationally? Even if they aren’t the best they are still generally pretty good players who just don’t want to wait a couple of seasons to maybe start one or even 2 of their final years.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:57 am

Coach picked a QB from the portal once, and while he won't live in the portal I am not naive enough to believe he wouldn't do it again. So a player can have the old school mentality of hard work, waiting your turn, etc. only for a coach to bring in a transfer.

QB you either start or you don't. They don't get opportunities on special teams, it's not like an offensive lineman who can play either guard or tackle, or a linebacker able to move to defensive end. QBs similar to punters and kicker is a one way to play position.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:43 am

Without knowing the young man’s thought process, it’s a bit unfair to assume that this is about playing time or being stuck down the depth chart. I’m sure that playing time may have factored in to the equation or the lack of prospects for playing time, but like the general student population, kids transfer in and out of schools for many reasons.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:18 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:43 am
Without knowing the young man’s thought process, it’s a bit unfair to assume that this is about playing time or being stuck down the depth chart. I’m sure that playing time may have factored in to the equation or the lack of prospects for playing time, but like the general student population, kids transfer in and out of schools for many reasons.
Bad placement with a slight assumption with my post. I do feel it's a thought many players go through though. Unless a school can show that staying with them will benefit draft chances, I think most QBs are going to want to go somewhere that they can play sooner rather than later. Not sure if it's what Andre was thinking but I think others think that when they decide to transfer.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:03 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:18 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:43 am
Bad placement with a slight assumption with my post. I do feel it's a thought many players go through though. Unless a school can show that staying with them will benefit draft chances, I think most QBs are going to want to go somewhere that they can play sooner rather than later. Not sure if it's what Andre was thinking but I think others think that when they decide to transfer.
Truth be told, I could be wrong as well. I just know that in Goodman’s situation, there are/were some obstacles that made the ascent to QB1 more difficult. That’s not to say that he couldn’t overcome them. It is my understanding that he would be given an opportunity at QB from Day 1. Whether that materialized to his, or the coaches satisfaction will probably go untold. Or, he could just be frustrated with his rehab from the ACL tear in high school and is looking for a fresh start. Or he just didn’t like the vibe in Boone. No one outside of the circle really knows.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:12 pm

Wishing him good fortune and success wherever this takes him. Never got to see him play but always thought he would be our starter at some point.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:01 pm

Ah Shucks....He had been touted as AE 2.0. I was looking forward to seeing what he had.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:51 pm

I should have ended my prior post by adding that I really don’t care if any kid transfers to another school. I’ve long since resigned myself into believing that loyalty and fulfilling a commitment is a thing of the past. If this young man believes that he has the opportunity to play more somewhere else then go ahead and leave. There will always be someone to take his place.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:08 pm

Sorry he is leaving. Was really hoping he would see the field some next season. Wish him all the best.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:36 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:51 pm
I should have ended my prior post by adding that I really don’t care if any kid transfers to another school. I’ve long since resigned myself into believing that loyalty and fulfilling a commitment is a thing of the past. If this young man believes that he has the opportunity to play more somewhere else then go ahead and leave. There will always be someone to take his place.
I see the loyalty and commitment aspect a little differently. While he was here and on scholarship, I imagine he did everything possible to be a good teammate and student for the year of free education that he received. Just because he isn’t going to be here 4 or 5 years doesn’t mean he wasn’t loyal. I’ve been in my line of work for almost 35 years now and have always been loyal and committed to those who I was in employ of. Some of these jobs lasted less than 2 years and 1 lasted 20. Regardless, I was and still am, 100% committed to those signing my checks.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:12 pm

He’s probably transferring because the coaches told him he wouldn’t be getting much playing time. *IF* that is the case why are we fretting over a guy who wouldn’t even play for us? Wish him the best of luck. Hope he finds the right opportunity so long a it’s not in the Sun Belt.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:27 am

I wish him all the best, hope he is successful wherever he goes. Having said that, this opens up a scholarship. Any addition expected for today, National Signing Day?

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:38 am

appstate5 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:27 am
I wish him all the best, hope he is successful wherever he goes. Having said that, this opens up a scholarship. Any addition expected for today, National Signing Day?
pretty sure not. I think we are done with HS signings. We will hit the portal for a few more im sure, but very seriously doubt we sign a HS kid today

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 am

Depth Chart for QB has gotten a lot clearer. DC Tabscott #2, Ryan Burger #3. That Tabscott is still here and 2 other QBs leaving, sounds like he is the clear #2 and heir to take Brice’s place (unless we get a FA).

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:44 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 am
Depth Chart for QB has gotten a lot clearer. DC Tabscott #2, Ryan Burger #3. That Tabscott is still here and 2 other QBs leaving, sounds like he is the clear #2 and heir to take Brice’s place (unless we get a FA).
I wouldn’t put money on that order. Simply because he has been here longer, doesn’t mean that he is next in line. There will be a competition for QB2.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:47 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:44 am
NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:39 am
I wouldn’t put money on that order. Simply because he has been here longer, doesn’t mean that he is next in line. There will be a competition for QB2.
I’d put money on it. Maybe not a lot of money, but $25 sounds good.

AppGrad78

Unread post by AppGrad78 » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 am

Sounds like somebody wants to lose $25.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”