Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

ESPN Top 100 Games of the Year

WVAPPeer
School: Other

ESPN Top 100 Games of the Year

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:54 am

I know - the bitchers and moaners out there always have something that should have been better - and all of us agree this season could have been a little better but this is the kind of thing that the nationwide college football fans read - This, in my opinion, is very uplifting ---

30. Appalachian State 31, Marshall 30 (Sept. 23)
App State controlled the ball but couldn't get its hands around the game until late. Marshall scored on a 56-yard pass and a misdirection kick return to stay within reach. But the Mountaineers scored all 10 points in the fourth quarter, and a huge Nate Noel run allowed them to run out the clock at the end.

26. Appalachian State 30, Coastal Carolina 27 (Oct. 20)
Coastal was 14th in the AP poll, and App State was coming off of a big loss at Louisiana. It seemed clear where this was headed when Coastal took an early 14-0 lead, but the Mountaineers fought back. They tied the game at 27-all with a long Camerun Peoples run, and after losing a fumble at the Chants' 7, they got the ball back, milked the clock and nailed a 24-yard field goal at the buzzer.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/i ... mbers-50-1
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: ESPN Top 100 Games of the Year

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:41 pm

You are right, these were both good games and I don't think it was a coincidence of their national recognition that both were on primetime weekday ESPN coverage. We were able to get attention for both games.

appbio91

Unread post by appbio91 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:31 pm

For me the Coastal game was personal, I was jacked for that one. I know I have seen better games at the Rock and certainly more consequential wins but that was for me the biggest home win in a while. Especially coming off a poor performance at UL.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:37 pm

appbio91 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:31 pm
For me the Coastal game was personal, I was jacked for that one. I know I have seen better games at the Rock and certainly more consequential wins but that was for me the biggest home win in a while. Especially coming off a poor performance at UL.
ditto
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:38 pm

Thanks to a scheduled Sales Meeting, I had to watch the Coastal game from a hotel room in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

1. It was great that it was on ESPN and that I didn't have to stream it.
2. App Nation and KBS looked incredible on TV.

Since I travel for work, I watch a lot of the mid-week Sun Belt, MAC and other games. I'm not going to put the other programs down, it's hard to get fans to a stadium mid-week. We have a special thing going on at The Rock. An electric college football atmosphere mid-week says a lot about our students, our fans and our program.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:38 pm
Thanks to a scheduled Sales Meeting, I had to watch the Coastal game from a hotel room in Sheboygan, Wisconsin.

Since I travel for work, I watch a lot of the mid-week Sun Belt, MAC and other games. I'm not going to put the other programs down, it's hard to get fans to a stadium mid-week. We have a special thing going on at The Rock. An electric college football atmosphere mid-week says a lot about our students, our fans and our program.
We've got something building at Holmes too. Need more fans showing up to mid-week basketball games.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Should have mentioned the perfectly executed on side kick.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:28 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:34 pm
WASU 93 wrote:

We've got something building at Holmes too. Need more fans showing up to mid-week basketball games.
I don't disagree, but a 6:30 start time on a Thursday really kills the opportunity. 7:00 or 7:30 would work better (It looks like we normally play at 7:00 pm local time on our conference road games.) The only sense I can make of it is that the visiting team is trying to get off the mountain for the trip to stay Thursday night for the trip to Coastal on Saturday.
I really wish the Sun Belt would go back to a Friday/Sunday weekend schedule. Of course, travel partners may go away with the new additions, so there may be more freedom in the future.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:31 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:28 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:

I don't disagree, but a 6:30 start time on a Thursday really kills the opportunity. 7:00 or 7:30 would work better (It looks like we normally play at 7:00 pm local time on our conference road games.) The only sense I can make of it is that the visiting team is trying to get off the mountain for the trip to stay Thursday night for the trip to Coastal on Saturday.
I really wish the Sun Belt would go back to a Friday/Sunday weekend schedule. Of course, travel partners may go away with the new additions, so there may be more freedom in the future.
I’d guess just as with football, tip off times are set by ESPN. I know it’s + and it shouldn’t really matter but they want inventory starting and finishing at predictable times.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:47 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:31 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:28 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
WASU 93 wrote:

I’d guess just as with football, tip off times are set by ESPN. I know it’s + and it shouldn’t really matter but they want inventory starting and finishing at predictable times.
All of our home games are on ESPN+. I don't think ESPN would care what time they start, since that's all streaming/no commercials. If anyone has ties to the Athletic Department, I'd love to hear why we tip off at 6:30 pm. Coastal, Georgia Southern and Georgia State all tip at 7:00 pm.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:08 am

93, you’re right…streaming is basically just for our fans so it *shouldn’t* really matter what time we start games. The only reason I would think that ESPN would try to control tip off times is to a) create uniformity and b) allow the potential for a game to be thrown to a live ESPN platform if the prior scheduled game was cancelled or interrupted for some reason WITHOUT messing up the programming scheduled after it.

For example, if ESPN1 had Duke-NC State and Michigan-Purdue scheduled at 6:30 and 8:30 respectively and Duke-NC State got suddenly cancelled because of Covid, ESPN would be able to flex to any ESPN+ game scheduled at the same time while minimizing the risk of it bleeding over into the tip time for prime time Michigan-Purdue.

Obviously I don’t know, I’m just trying to apply logic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”