Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Football All-APP Team - long time until Labor Day

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Football All-APP Team - long time until Labor Day

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:57 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:51 am
This list started the year after he graduated or he would have been on it ---
I know this was based on those two eras but I took a stab at an all-time App State team.

OFFENSE
QB Armanti Edwards
RB John Settle
RB Darynton Evans
WR Brian Quick
WR Thomas Hennigan
WR Corey Sutton
TE Daniel Wilcox
OT Derrick Graham
OT Cooper Hodges
OG Shawn Clark
OG Colby Gossett
C Noah Hannon

DEFENSE
DE Jason Hunter
DE Ronald Blair
DT Larry Hand
DT Avery Hall
LB Dexter Coakley
LB Dino Hackett
LB Akeem Davis-Gaither
LB D'Marco Jackson
CB Matt Stevens
CB Shemar Jean-Charles
S Corey Hall
S Corey Lynch

SPECIAL TEAMS
K Bjorn Nittmo
P Harold Alexander
RS Dexter Jackson

Some names who came very close for me such as Sam Martin, Joe Parker, Mark Royals, Jalin Moore, Kevin Richardson, Mark LeGree, Rico Mack, Marques Murrell, Scott Kadlub, DaVon Fowlkes, Rick Beasley, Daniel Kilgore, Kerry Brown, Ryan Neuzil, Wayne Smith, DJ Smith, Demetrius McCray, Larry Harbin, Jalen Virgil as a return man, and Josh Jeffries.

I believe every one of these guys played in the NFL, or will play in the NFL, except for Hannon and Clark. Hannon was just too small while Clark was going to be a top 3-4 round draft pick if not for his back issues.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Apple@chin1

Re: OK - It's a long time until Labor Day

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:16 am

Blackshirt68 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:34 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:37 pm
Interesting. Without the black and gold glasses how many guys on the first list could have cracked the lineup on the second list?
I think Larry Hand and Wayne Byrd should be added somewhere.
Neither played during the time frame stated by the OP. I am surprised that DeMarco's name isn't on everyone's list. He has the potential to be our next Dexter Coakley.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:53 am

You are correct - I should have added DeMarco's name - I was looking at 2018 stats and should have checked him on 2019 - thanks - I will change that ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:16 am
Blackshirt68 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Interesting. Without the black and gold glasses how many guys on the first list could have cracked the lineup on the second list?
Neither played during the time frame stated by the OP. I am surprised that DeMarco's name isn't on everyone's list. He has the potential to be our next Dexter Coakley.
That is surprising but I would not compare anyone to Coakley just yet. Look at what all DC did in college and then 10+ years in pros and Pro Bowls. Hard to do. Nobody has come close in terms of a career.

To me in terms of all-time LBs I don’t see how our top 4 aren’t names like I did with my all-time roster are unanimous. We had a lot of good ones but Dexter, Dino, Jackson, and ADG are our top 4 for sure. Hard to argue removing any of them. How could anyone else be argued over them?

PalmettoYosef

Unread post by PalmettoYosef » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 pm

Would probably include Mark Royals at Punter in place of Harold Alexander based on NFL longevity.
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:57 pm

Again - just for reference here on this thread - I chose two 5-year periods to compare. I chose 2005-2009 because they encompassed our National Championship Years and 2015-2019 because they encompassed our successful FBS years with Conference Championships and Bowl victories. thanks for all the responses -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:31 pm

PalmettoYosef wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 pm
Would probably include Mark Royals at Punter in place of Harold Alexander based on NFL longevity.
I think you can make a strong argument there. Punter is a tough choice. If you include the NFL then Sam Martin could perhaps end up being the pick since he is still going and playing well. Hopefully he can last long enough to make that a debate between the two.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:33 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:57 pm
Again - just for reference here on this thread - I chose two 5-year periods to compare. I chose 2005-2009 because they encompassed our National Championship Years and 2015-2019 because they encompassed our successful FBS years with Conference Championships and Bowl victories. thanks for all the responses -
I just expanded to consider all-time. I am sure I missed a few as I picked those names off the top of my head and with a quick glance at our NFL alumni to make sure I did not miss anyone who had a very long career.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 am
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Blackshirt68 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
That is surprising but I would not compare anyone to Coakley just yet. Look at what all DC did in college and then 10+ years in pros and Pro Bowls. Hard to do. Nobody has come close in terms of a career.

To me in terms of all-time LBs I don’t see how our top 4 aren’t names like I did with my all-time roster are unanimous. We had a lot of good ones but Dexter, Dino, Jackson, and ADG are our top 4 for sure. Hard to argue removing any of them. How could anyone else be argued over them?
I can see how you thought I was comparing the 2. But, it wasn't so much a comparison as a statement to DeMarco's potential to be the next great LB out of App State. He's got a motor that doesn't stop, even on special teams. He goes just as hard on kick offs. He's a rare talent. I have no problem with your list of top LB's. Solid!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:16 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:59 am
Apple@chin1 wrote:
Blackshirt68 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:

I can see how you thought I was comparing the 2. But, it wasn't so much a comparison as a statement to DeMarco's potential to be the next great LB out of App State. He's got a motor that doesn't stop, even on special teams. He goes just as hard on kick offs. He's a rare talent. I have no problem with your list of top LB's. Solid!
I was just making sure! I do think Jackson is among our great ones. His motor could allow him to be a very good pro when you combine it with his tools.

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:54 am

PalmettoYosef wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:17 pm
Joe Parker

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”