Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cincinnati and the rest of the G5

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Cincinnati and the rest of the G5

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:08 pm

ND considers themselves better than all others (football). Sure they have a great deal with NBC but if they want to keep all their money and not share then it should be next to impossible to make the playoffs. Swofford pissed me off last season by catering to them to play as a"conference member" for one season so they could make the Final 4. I have no problem with the Irish in other sports. So this isn't in any sense an anti-Catholic stance and if anyone perceived it that way, it was not intended.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:28 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:28 am
ericsaid wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:06 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:37 am
By my count the G5 went 6-1 against P5 opponents this bowl season. Cincinnati's loss to Alabama being the only P5 win over a G5 opponent. Now we will hear for the rest of time how a G5 program doesn't belong in the CFP. Odd how that never comes up with the perpetual big stage disappointment--Notre Dame.
It's not a Notre Dame problem. Why people continue to say this is beyond me. Clemson has been blown out, Ohio State has been blown out, Alabama has been blown out, Oklahoma has been blown out. It happens. Notre Dame was actually more competitive against Alabama than Ohio State was in 2020. No one called out Ryan Day or Ohio State despite their not doing anything since 2014.

The facts don't back up the supposition that Notre Dame doesn't belong there.
Notre Dame has not won a significant bowl game since 1994.
That is correct, in general. They have won some New Year's Day bowls which some may consider meaningful, albeit may not have national championship implications. However, because they have not won a significant bowl game doesn't automatically mean they should not have been there in the first place. Cincinnati deserved to be in CFP this year, IMO. I totally agree that ND gets favorable media and national attention that few other schools get. They probably did get in some bowls that they should not have but I don't think all of their major bowl appearances fall in that category. They typically play a decent SOS on a national scale. On a similar note, UNCC gets way too much media love which I think is completely undeserved. I am envious of that attention and wish App had some percentage of that hype but that is just the way it is.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:40 pm

My feeling - and I could be wrong - is they claim to play a strong OOC schedule but I believe if they had to play a true conference schedule like in the SEC West of East or the Big 10 East or even the ACC where each year they had to go into 4-5 hostile environments for important, meaningful conference games + battle the other conference members in meaningful games in South Bend, Year-In - Year-Out, we wouldn't see them in the national picture every year -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:34 pm

UNCC gets media hype?

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:56 am

Stonewall wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:34 pm
UNCC gets media hype?
From where? - I never see anything about them - of course, I don't live in the Charlotte area
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:15 am

I live in the Charlotte area and UNCC does NOT get hyped here.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:32 pm

National in the form of consistently perceived higher rankings is specifically what I am referencing. In SEC territory where I live they see them as second class P5 opponents.

In the last several years, there is no way they should have received the level of top 25 ranking that they did. They never deserved that respect. Every year they started high and then dropped as the year progressed due to their, never living up to expectations. That is what I am talking about.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:38 pm

Not since the days of Cornbread Maxwell.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”