Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Wake Forest Needs a Gator Bowl Opponent

AtlAppMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Wake Forest Needs a Gator Bowl Opponent

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:13 pm

It would have been nice to go back to Florida and take down one of the top ACC teams to wrap season. Too bad logistics couldn't permit. I will just end the year believing we would have done that and it will make me sleep better tonight. :D

Oh, and yea, the $5M would have also felt good in our account regardless of outcome.

Note: I guess we would have had to share that with our other conference mates.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:02 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 pm
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/DougGillin?ref_src= ... gGillin</a> make it happen…this guy needs one more game! APP/Wake 12/31/21 please!!! I’ve been a good boy and it’s all I want for Christmas! <a href="https://t.co/37g86eMzRT">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; John m. Harris (@Beerhatguy) <a href=" 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Appy Clause wants one more game too. He wasn't allowed into the Boca game. I had to take him back to the damn car. First time ever he hasn't been inside a playoff game or bowl game. I WAS PISSED!!!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:28 am

Now we know why we lost the game Appt Claus was not in the house. That is bad mojo.
Now we know who does not like Santa Claus.. Philly Eagles fans and Boca Bowl...😁
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:07 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:28 am
Now we know why we lost the game Appt Claus was not in the house. That is bad mojo.
Now we know who does not like Santa Claus.. Philly Eagles fans and Boca Bowl...😁
!!

I was thinking the same thing about the mojo. Told them that, but they didn't care. Said it could be uses as a weapon. I told them it has been signed by members of the 2005-07 championship team, fans in Montana and several current players and I'll be damned if I will use it for a weapon. I even told them that he has been to every playoff game and all 6 bowl games and they had no problem that I took him inside. Screw the Boca Bowl!!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:25 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion that this kind of thing will be the norm going forward. But at this point, would anything surprise us?

#2020sarestrangerthanfiction

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:41 pm

East Carolina and SMU lost their bowl games (Fenway and Military) due to the inabilities for their opponents (Boston College and Virginia) to put a team on the field. One of the bowls should have matched them up vs. cancelling both bowls. At least we were able to take part in a Bowl Game...

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:11 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:07 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
!!

I was thinking the same thing about the mojo. Told them that, but they didn't care. Said it could be uses as a weapon. I told them it has been signed by members of the 2005-07 championship team, fans in Montana and several current players and I'll be damned if I will use it for a weapon. I even told them that he has been to every playoff game and all 6 bowl games and they had no problem that I took him inside. Screw the Boca Bowl!!!
Next time get the team to bring it in...then they can hand it to you.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:31 pm

Hey Chase, I know you are about to head out of the tunnel for the game. I have a favor to ask...Do you mind toting Appy Claus out to the sidelines? 😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:06 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:11 pm
AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:07 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
!!

Next time get the team to bring it in...then they can hand it to you.
That is a good idea....

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:32 pm

I thought Appy Claus was good at jumping fences? Seem to remember he has before.
Bring Your A Game!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:33 am

It's about time the NCAA updates its protocols when determining whether or not to cancel bowl games.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:15 am

AppState89 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:02 am
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:55 pm
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/DougGillin?ref_src= ... gGillin</a> make it happen…this guy needs one more game! APP/Wake 12/31/21 please!!! I’ve been a good boy and it’s all I want for Christmas! <a href="https://t.co/37g86eMzRT">pic.twitter.co ... </p>&mdash; John m. Harris (@Beerhatguy) <a href=" 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Appy Clause wants one more game too. He wasn't allowed into the Boca game. I had to take him back to the damn car. First time ever he hasn't been inside a playoff game or bowl game. I WAS PISSED!!!!
That is why you always wear an extra large long trench coat. It works for two kids wanting to pass as an adult and smuggling in Yosef Santa.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:29 pm

So would you guys rather our bowl game had been cancelled (not because our team had covid) OR What actually happened with the loss to WKU
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:23 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:29 pm
So would you guys rather our bowl game had been cancelled (not because our team had covid) OR What actually happened with the loss to WKU

100% played with the loss. The players got to have a final ride and got a life long lesson playing an air raid against a future NFL qb (not promising he will hang, but he will get a shot).

I am relieved some that the bowl streak is over. Long streaks just create unnecessary pressure. I think this loss will provide the coaches with some great material to learn from. I'd love to see more air raid style sets since CB is coming back. I also think this loss really pulled the curtain back on where our program truly is on the pecking order. We've gotten to play some P5 squads since 2014 and expanded our brand faster than our program could keep up. Occasionally beating a Miami or UNC would be great, but the big measuring stick is when we consistently beat the top of the G5.

As far as the original posts on this thread goes, we would never have been truly considered for that bowl on short notice like that. We might have gotten a call checking on things, but I would be a lot that many other schools got that same call. The payout for the bowl is great, but how much would it have cost App to bring back and mobilize the team on such short notice? They were always going to pick someone who A. wasn't already in a bowl. B. Had a recognizable name. and C. had the money to pull it all together without. Rutgers? Wasn't in a bowl, check. Everyone knows Rutgers, mostly enough. Lots of money. well Apps endowment is roughly $130 mil. Rutgers is sitting on $1.6 Billion.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:36 am

appdaze wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:23 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:29 pm

100% played with the loss. The players got to have a final ride and got a life long lesson playing an air raid against a future NFL qb (not promising he will hang, but he will get a shot).

I am relieved some that the bowl streak is over. Long streaks just create unnecessary pressure. I think this loss will provide the coaches with some great material to learn from. I'd love to see more air raid style sets since CB is coming back. I also think this loss really pulled the curtain back on where our program truly is on the pecking order. We've gotten to play some P5 squads since 2014 and expanded our brand faster than our program could keep up. Occasionally beating a Miami or UNC would be great, but the big measuring stick is when we consistently beat the top of the G5.

As far as the original posts on this thread goes, we would never have been truly considered for that bowl on short notice like that. We might have gotten a call checking on things, but I would be a lot that many other schools got that same call. The payout for the bowl is great, but how much would it have cost App to bring back and mobilize the team on such short notice? They were always going to pick someone who A. wasn't already in a bowl. B. Had a recognizable name. and C. had the money to pull it all together without. Rutgers? Wasn't in a bowl, check. Everyone knows Rutgers, mostly enough. Lots of money. well Apps endowment is roughly $130 mil. Rutgers is sitting on $1.6 Billion.
Well, I'll be d@mned, daze. I totally agree with your post. ;)

As to the payout, wouldn't we have to share with all the other Sunbelt teams, or just the football playing teams?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:05 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:32 pm
I thought Appy Claus was good at jumping fences? Seem to remember he has before.
LOL...you got that right. Richmond was the only time he wasn't allowed inside, but John "Beer Hat Guy" threw him over the fence. Haha... Great memory,.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”