Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

2022 UNC Game

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: 2022 UNC Game

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:52 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:48 am
NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:27 am
bcoach wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 am
booneboy92 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:17 pm
Friday nights would not sit well with high school coaches,
Nor the parents of HS players (i.e. me)!!! Lol… selfishly, I’d take Thursday before Friday (but pray for Saturday). The place would still be at absolute capacity if the game is played at midnight on Monday!
Having started a high school athletic booster club and trying to support the program from scratch I will never go to a Friday night game. It is a selfish pigheaded move by college teams to play on Friday night. These universities need to grow a pair and tell ESPN it is not going to happen.
As I quite often say to your posts: BINGO, Exactamundo, Bravo, Oy Veh, Right on. I've never been to any game on a HS football Friday night except high school games (most of which I was on the side lines for decades). In the winter and Spring we go to Checkers games.
Well, would you rather play this game on ESPN3 on a Saturday? If there are two options: Friday at 7:00 PM on ESPN or Saturday at noon on ESPN3, which do you take?

Obviously some are going to say BUT WATAUGA, HIBRITEN, SOUTH CALDWELL, WEST CALDWELL, AVERY, FORSYTH, GUILFORD, MECKLENBURG, HICKORY, etc. but the fact remains that this game will set an attendance record and have very, very high viewership.

It's a small price to pay for one Friday night game, and Apps first that I remember since 2007 against Wofford.
I'd take ESPN3 on Saturday. But that's just me. I hope App quits whoring itself for ESPN.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:07 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:52 pm
ericsaid wrote:
NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
booneboy92 wrote:

Nor the parents of HS players (i.e. me)!!! Lol… selfishly, I’d take Thursday before Friday (but pray for Saturday). The place would still be at absolute capacity if the game is played at midnight on Monday!
Having started a high school athletic booster club and trying to support the program from scratch I will never go to a Friday night game. It is a selfish pigheaded move by college teams to play on Friday night. These universities need to grow a pair and tell ESPN it is not going to happen.
As I quite often say to your posts: BINGO, Exactamundo, Bravo, Oy Veh, Right on. I've never been to any game on a HS football Friday night except high school games (most of which I was on the side lines for decades). In the winter and Spring we go to Checkers games.
Well, would you rather play this game on ESPN3 on a Saturday? If there are two options: Friday at 7:00 PM on ESPN or Saturday at noon on ESPN3, which do you take?

Obviously some are going to say BUT WATAUGA, HIBRITEN, SOUTH CALDWELL, WEST CALDWELL, AVERY, FORSYTH, GUILFORD, MECKLENBURG, HICKORY, etc. but the fact remains that this game will set an attendance record and have very, very high viewership.

It's a small price to pay for one Friday night game, and Apps first that I remember since 2007 against Wofford.
I'd take ESPN3 on Saturday. But that's just me. I hope App quits whoring itself for ESPN.
I don't get what people don't understand... App doesn't have an option...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:10 pm

ericsaid wrote:
NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
booneboy92 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:17 pm
Friday nights would not sit well with high school coaches,

Yep. That caused a stink among some HC coaches. Leesville Rd. ( Raleigh) coach Green said he would no longer participate in recruiting with ASU. He didn’t mention Wooferd as I recall like it was Appalachians fault. He moved on to Garner I think & is now retired.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:45 pm

and some will just settle for the red seats.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:32 pm

1ASU78 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:10 pm
ericsaid wrote:
NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
booneboy92 wrote:

Yep. That caused a stink among some HC coaches. Leesville Rd. ( Raleigh) coach Green said he would no longer participate in recruiting with ASU. He didn’t mention Wooferd as I recall like it was Appalachians fault. He moved on to Garner I think & is now retired.
Not a fan of coaches who limit their athletes choices because they want to play the martyr. Coaches certainly have their right to be outwardly opposed but they don’t have the right to limit an athlete’s opportunity.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 11:49 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 9:32 pm
1ASU78 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:10 pm
ericsaid wrote:
NewApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:

Not a fan of coaches who limit their athletes choices because they want to play the martyr. Coaches certainly have their right to be outwardly opposed but they don’t have the right to limit an athlete’s opportunity.
At this point, I think high school coaches understand the control of ESPN and how the college game works. Whether we like it or not, the games that put our program on the national stage this year were ECU, Miami, LaLa twice and Coastal games. ECU on a Thursday night gave us plenty of early season eyeballs (although Boise/UCF was on the mothership and we were on ESPNU and the appearance and atmosphere of Kidd Brewer packed to the top against a ranked Coastal team drew great awareness. The fact that The Rock was packed on a weeknight, when many stadiums appear empty is going to lead to more weeknight games on the ESPN networks.
With that said, there are eight neutral site games in Week 1 next season and UNC does open in Week 0. Unless their Week 0 game is not played on Saturday, there is a good change the game will stay on Saturday.
From a revenue/recruiting status, it's vital to our program to have ESPN coverage. The NIL options that some larger market G5's can present only adds to the fact that we want to be an ESPN favorite and that an electric atmosphere at The Rock is important, no matter what day of the week we play.
The MAC played their entire late season schedule midweek, so at least we don't have those conference schedules to contend with.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:59 pm

I expect one at home and one on the road , don't like it but that seems to be the minimum.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:19 pm

So anyway. About the UNC game. Their offensive coordinator loves the air raid offense he learned from Mike Leach. I mentioned in another thread that I hoped our coaches really took the WKU loss as a learning opportunity and I hope its a memory that is burned in their minds. If UNC watches 5 minutes of that game they will be salivating. It is certainly not a game we can overlook and just expect to win simply because they went 6-6 this year.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:33 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:19 pm
So anyway. About the UNC game. Their offensive coordinator loves the air raid offense he learned from Mike Leach. I mentioned in another thread that I hoped our coaches really took the WKU loss as a learning opportunity and I hope its a memory that is burned in their minds. If UNC watches 5 minutes of that game they will be salivating. It is certainly not a game we can overlook and just expect to win simply because they went 6-6 this year.
Running the air raid at break neck speed is one thing. Running it with a guy like Zapee is another. Whoever is their starter next year won’t be Zapee.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:33 pm
appdaze wrote:
Running the air raid at break neck speed is one thing. Running it with a guy like Zapee is another. Whoever is their starter next year won’t be Zapee.
I expect Maye will be the starter and he can sling it for the air raid. If he continues his current growth he will also get a shot on sundays. I just hope our general hated of unc doesn't blind us to this game.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:22 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
I expect Maye will be the starter and he can sling it for the air raid. If he continues his current growth he will also get a shot on sundays. I just hope our general hated of unc doesn't blind us to this game.
Air raid takes more than one off season to implement. They do not have the players currently for an air raid. Maye can sling the ball, no doubt. He may be made for an air raid, but their WR, RBs, and o line are not.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:19 am

appdaze wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
appdaze wrote:
It takes more than athletic ability. It takes quick decision making by all parties. I spoke to the WKU Recruiting Coordinator after the game. He was telling me that Zapee had the mind to run it more so than the arm talent.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am

I do not feel like UNC runs the "air raid" offense. They seem to have a balanced attack. Last year, 2020, didn't they have two 1000 yard rushers or close to it. I believe spring practice will determine the starting QB position between Maye and Criswell (sp?). Whoever the QB is...attack, attack attack....make them uncomfortable.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:53 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am
I do not feel like UNC runs the "air raid" offense. They seem to have a balanced attack. Last year, 2020, didn't they have two 1000 yard rushers or close to it. I believe spring practice will determine the starting QB position between Maye and Criswell (sp?). Whoever the QB is...attack, attack attack....make them uncomfortable.
yeah...but the Tarheels don't have to play in the SBC East. They get to relax and pad numbers in the acc coastal.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:16 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:53 am
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
yeah...but the Tarheels don't have to play in the SBC East. They get to relax and pad numbers in the acc coastal.
Not sure what that response has to do with whether they run the air raid or not..but ok. Evidently they should have not relaxed as much as they did. I believe they went 6-6 during the regular season.
#99ForPresident!!

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
TBatch, are you attack, attack on defense or offense?

I think we need to be more aggressive against ALL P5 teams on offense and defense ..... normal App football has not won recently.

If we can’t get receivers open, we are done

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:57 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:52 pm
Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
TBatch, are you attack, attack on defense or offense?

I think we need to be more aggressive against ALL P5 teams on offense and defense ..... normal App football has not won recently.

If we can’t get receivers open, we are done
Newbie starter at QB for their team. Have to make him uncomfortable.
#99ForPresident!!

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:07 pm

What happened to the App slot receiver?
We had through the years amazing slot receivers

Do we have the talent at receiver to move the ball against teams with winning records?
From our past 20+ years I have not seen much receiver progression, they were either really good from the start or they were average with a few nice catches

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:51 am

Saw Maye play quite a bit at Myers Park. He was good, but you also have to consider who his receivers were…Mushin Muhammad’s son and believe he threw to one of Dre Bly’s sons, too.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:00 am

Let's try not to extend our two game loosing streak to five.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”