Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brice Quotes

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Brice Quotes

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:26 pm

In case you can’t read the article this quote is something I think folks need to see:

https://247sports.com/college/appalachi ... 21/?page=1

“Appalachian State quarterback Chase Brice will hang onto that title for one more season, after not publicly announcing that he’d be returning to the program. After all, why would you proclaim that you’re coming back when you never planned otherwise?

“I didn’t even once think about leaving, honestly,” Brice says. “It was always in my mind that I’m here for two years.””

Players don’t announce they are returning unless they have given reason to believe they might not return. Hodges has gone to advisory board but he has not said anything publicly so I’ll be interested to see if he makes an announcement.

AppSt94

Re: Brice Quotes

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:13 pm

Hodges is staying.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:59 am

In Brice I Trust!!..and some nastiness staying on the OL. All good to me.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:14 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:26 pm
In case you can’t read the article this quote is something I think folks need to see:

“Appalachian State quarterback Chase Brice will hang onto that title for one more season, after not publicly announcing that he’d be returning to the program. After all, why would you proclaim that you’re coming back when you never planned otherwise?

“I didn’t even once think about leaving, honestly,” Brice says. “It was always in my mind that I’m here for two years.””

Players don’t announce they are returning unless they have given reason to believe they might not return. Hodges has gone to advisory board but he has not said anything publicly so I’ll be interested to see if he makes an announcement.
Not sure what you're implying about about Chase but he didn't really "announce" anything. He answered a question in an interview.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:52 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:13 pm
Hodges is staying.
I agree 100%. He never said anything publicly and there is no media buzz on it so I just don't know if he will actually announce or not. I don't think he needs to announce anything unless he had got a high grade and my guess is he got day 3.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:55 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:52 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Hodges is staying.
I agree 100%. He never said anything publicly and there is no media buzz on it so I just don't know if he will actually announce or not. I don't think he needs to announce anything unless he had got a high grade and my guess is he got day 3.
If you don’t feel that he needs to announce anything then why bring it up?

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 am

I am glad he will be with us for another year. I always believed when he came here he had intentions of going to the next level. He needed a year at App to dump all the baggage from Duke and, hopefully, next year he will be able to be "Brice at App". Hopefully announcers, etc. will reduce their talk about "he did this/that at Duke, how is he going to do at App?". I got tired of hearing it and I am sure he did too. Next year he will be coming back after delivering one of the top passing performances in App history. He can take that and build on it. He still has the ability, IMO, to turn some heads at next level if he makes some improvements. I would believe that is what he wants.

Glad to have him for another year and look forward to seeing the results.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:17 am

goapps93 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:14 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:26 pm

Not sure what you're implying about about Chase but he didn't really "announce" anything. He answered a question in an interview.
Not implying anything. Just bringing up that he confirmed players only announce if they are truly debating and had given reason to many to believe they would be gone. I think most know that but some comments on here made me think some might not.

I wonder how close Peoples and McCall truly were in their own heads that they might go. McCall could also return in 2023 but he has apparently decided he is gone after next year because he just said one more year in his tweet. I would imagine that Coastal has at least 5-7 total players make an announcement. I know they had Jones, McCall, and a CB announce but I would expect the WR, TE, and DE also make an announcement.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:21 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:55 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Hodges is staying.
I just mentioned he was asking for a grade but I think it sounded more like he wanted information than actually considering leaving early. Maybe Moose can shed more light but that is how it sounded to me. I bring it up because we might not think he needs to he very well could since the whole team knows he requested a grade.

Requesting a grade is very smart regardless because a player can call to get feedback that would help them with what to work on in the off-season.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:26 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 am
I am glad he will be with us for another year. I always believed when he came here he had intentions of going to the next level. He needed a year at App to dump all the baggage from Duke and, hopefully, next year he will be able to be "Brice at App". Hopefully announcers, etc. will reduce their talk about "he did this/that at Duke, how is he going to do at App?". I got tired of hearing it and I am sure he did too. Next year he will be coming back after delivering one of the top passing performances in App history. He can take that and build on it. He still has the ability, IMO, to turn some heads at next level if he makes some improvements. I would believe that is what he wants.

I wondered the same thing when he came. I'm sure Moose would back this up but the buzz was that he would return probably 2 months ago so apparently he truly did not really think hard about it. He would be a free agent pickup for sure but I'm sure he wants to play his way into the draft.

Has anyone heard anything on Zac Thomas? When the NFL limited tryouts and he did not get a contract did he give up football or could we expect to see him pursue a chance in training camp after the draft?

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:21 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:55 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Hodges is staying.
I just mentioned he was asking for a grade but I think it sounded more like he wanted information than actually considering leaving early. Maybe Moose can shed more light but that is how it sounded to me. I bring it up because we might not think he needs to he very well could since the whole team knows he requested a grade.

Requesting a grade is very smart regardless because a player can call to get feedback that would help them with what to work on in the off-season.
You read way too much into things. Just like with Cam. These guys don’t need to announce every time they get a fart hung sideways. He is here until he says he is not.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:26 am
AtlAppMan wrote:

I wondered the same thing when he came. I'm sure Moose would back this up but the buzz was that he would return probably 2 months ago so apparently he truly did not really think hard about it. He would be a free agent pickup for sure but I'm sure he wants to play his way into the draft.

Has anyone heard anything on Zac Thomas? When the NFL limited tryouts and he did not get a contract did he give up football or could we expect to see him pursue a chance in training camp after the draft?
Pretty sure he is done with football.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:45 am

AppState89 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:26 am
AtlAppMan wrote:

Pretty sure he is done with football.
Correct. Peterson ruined his love for the game. He may still coach at some point, but he is done as a player.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:11 am

Brice needs to polish up a few aspects of his game before he's ready for the League. So it's a good thing for him to come back.

The guy has real skills, but more importantly, he's just an amazing human being.

I hope he has a chance to play on Sundays.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:40 am

Bootsy wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 7:11 am
Brice needs to polish up a few aspects of his game before he's ready for the League. So it's a good thing for him to come back.

The guy has real skills, but more importantly, he's just an amazing human being.

I hope he has a chance to play on Sundays.
I don't much care if he makes the NFL or not as long as he is successful in life otherwise and gets to do the kind of work he likes. Having said that, it would be neat to see him on Sundays
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:03 pm

I may have mentioned I talked to his grandma at a game in the NEZ. She said Chase loved it in Boone and at App.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:40 pm

What is it about App, you either love it or hate it. I have never met anyone that has graduated from App that hated it. If you do not like it you go somewhere else, you certainly do not finish. I often wonder what other schools think about App. A win against Appalachian is a win to be celebrated for sure, but how do other schools feel when they loose to Appalachian?

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:38 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:03 pm
I may have mentioned I talked to his grandma at a game in the NEZ. She said Chase loved it in Boone and at App.
I heard the same from his other grandparents. They are happy with everything too.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:14 pm

His Dad told me the same. They are all happy with the decision to come to App.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:53 am

AtlAppMan wrote:

Announcers are lazy. It’s why they say things like “Brice was bad at Duke, how will he be here” or “App beat Michigan” with no mention of our stellar record since. Researchers are looking for any low hanging fruit just to give their PBP guys talking points, no matter how much of a beating that dead horse has taken.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”