Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Brice Quotes

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Brice Quotes

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:50 pm

Lazy indeed.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:01 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:45 am
AppState89 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:20 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:26 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 am
I am glad he will be with us for another year. I always believed when he came here he had intentions of going to the next level. He needed a year at App to dump all the baggage from Duke and, hopefully, next year he will be able to be "Brice at App". Hopefully announcers, etc. will reduce their talk about "he did this/that at Duke, how is he going to do at App?". I got tired of hearing it and I am sure he did too. Next year he will be coming back after delivering one of the top passing performances in App history. He can take that and build on it. He still has the ability, IMO, to turn some heads at next level if he makes some improvements. I would believe that is what he wants.

Glad to have him for another year and look forward to seeing the results.
I wondered the same thing when he came. I'm sure Moose would back this up but the buzz was that he would return probably 2 months ago so apparently he truly did not really think hard about it. He would be a free agent pickup for sure but I'm sure he wants to play his way into the draft.

Has anyone heard anything on Zac Thomas? When the NFL limited tryouts and he did not get a contract did he give up football or could we expect to see him pursue a chance in training camp after the draft?
Pretty sure he is done with football.
Correct. Peterson ruined his love for the game. He may still coach at some point, but he is done as a player.
I need to hook up with you, because we know a lot of the same things. You are correct about Peterson ruined his love for the game. I enjoy reading your posts. You and Moose know the know. :-)
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:10 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
AtlAppMan wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:16 am
I am glad he will be with us for another year. I always believed when he came here he had intentions of going to the next level. He needed a year at App to dump all the baggage from Duke and, hopefully, next year he will be able to be "Brice at App". Hopefully announcers, etc. will reduce their talk about "he did this/that at Duke, how is he going to do at App?". I got tired of hearing it and I am sure he did too. Next year he will be coming back after delivering one of the top passing performances in App history. He can take that and build on it. He still has the ability, IMO, to turn some heads at next level if he makes some improvements. I would believe that is what he wants.

Glad to have him for another year and look forward to seeing the results.
I wondered the same thing when he came. I'm sure Moose would back this up but the buzz was that he would return probably 2 months ago so apparently he truly did not really think hard about it. He would be a free agent pickup for sure but I'm sure he wants to play his way into the draft.

Has anyone heard anything on Zac Thomas? When the NFL limited tryouts and he did not get a contract did he give up football or could we expect to see him pursue a chance in training camp after the draft?
Correct. Peterson ruined his love for the game. He may still coach at some point, but he is done as a player.
I need to hook up with you, because we know a lot of the same things. You are correct about Peterson ruined his love for the game. I enjoy reading your posts. You and Moose know the know. :-)
Could we use something other than "hookup"? that makes me uncomfortable.............

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:14 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:10 pm
AppState89 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:01 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Could we use something other than "hookup"? that makes me uncomfortable.............
I thought making people uncomfortable was the purpose that this board serves. At least it was for 2021. Here’s to strictly Mountaineer football commentary in 2022.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:50 pm

Had a random scholarship/Brice question. To use Brice as the example- he is from Georgia, played at Clemson, Duke and now App. Are those individual scholarships treated as out of state in terms of cost? He has got to be approaching a record for total athletic scholarship received over a career.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:50 pm
Had a random scholarship/Brice question. To use Brice as the example- he is from Georgia, played at Clemson, Duke and now App. Are those individual scholarships treated as out of state in terms of cost? He has got to be approaching a record for total athletic scholarship received over a career.
Not sure about Clemson, but Duke is private so they don’t differentiate between in and out of state. The NC legislature just passed a resolution making all athletic scholarships are calculated at the in state rate.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:56 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:23 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Not sure about Clemson, but Duke is private so they don’t differentiate between in and out of state. The NC legislature just passed a resolution making all athletic scholarships are calculated at the in state rate.
Chapel Hell has been pushing that for years.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:11 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:56 am
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
So how does that accounting work? I assume they just "charge" a student athlete the in-state rate, give them a "free" pass, student pays nothing, then in accounting dept, a line item is deducted from athletic fund at "In-state" amount, it transfers into student tuition/fees revenue at the lower amount and everybody but the university CFO (who has less money to play with than out of state rate) is happy.

Basically it is an accounting operation to reduce the cost line item for out of state athlete. The state is still going to fund the university the same from the state education coffers whether the total number of athletes are in or out of state so there really is no difference in the true cost of the scholarship.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:41 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:11 pm
NewApp wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:56 am
AppSt94 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
So how does that accounting work? I assume they just "charge" a student athlete the in-state rate, give them a "free" pass, student pays nothing, then in accounting dept, a line item is deducted from athletic fund at "In-state" amount, it transfers into student tuition/fees revenue at the lower amount and everybody but the university CFO (who has less money to play with than out of state rate) is happy.

Basically it is an accounting operation to reduce the cost line item for out of state athlete. The state is still going to fund the university the same from the state education coffers whether the total number of athletes are in or out of state so there really is no difference in the true cost of the scholarship.
That makes sense. But if Chapel Hill is pushing for it I'm suspicious.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:30 pm

So if I understand the accounting if, say App State signs 50 athletes for next year for various sports and all of them are from out of state the cost to the university is the same if the same group was from North Carolina? If that same 50 kids wish to attend App State and are all from, say Florida (and are not on athletic scholarship) they will pay higher tuition and fees?

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:53 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:30 pm
So if I understand the accounting if, say App State signs 50 athletes for next year for various sports and all of them are from out of state the cost to the university is the same if the same group was from North Carolina? If that same 50 kids wish to attend App State and are all from, say Florida (and are not on athletic scholarship) they will pay higher tuition and fees?
I believe the rule applies to ALL scholarships....not just athletic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”