Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Last Call!!!

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

Last Call!!!

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:36 pm

Back in college I could go into Murphy’s or Klondike 10 minutes before closing time…and even though it was packed, I was always confident that I’d be served several beers, flirt with a girl or two and maybe even get laid now and then. I’m not bragging, I was just optimistic.
After reading the doom and gloom and prognostications about losing today and future losses next year, I doubt some of you guys on here would have even attempted to open the bar door. “It’s too crowded in there…I’ll never get a beer…she’s too hot….I don’t stand a chance!”
Pessimism runs deep on here and on APP Twitter accounts from a certain subset of posters.
To them I say…Relax…from time to time we will lose but have faith…be optimistic!
Look, I hate losing but until the final whistle blows, I always think we will win…we could be down by a hundred but I always think we’ve got this in the bag! So, my advice is for y’all is to chill on the negativity. A game isn’t lost after being down by a few scores.The season isn’t trashed after a loss or two.
Now, walk in the bar…order a few beers, and get laid!

kornegaylw
School: Appalachian State

Re: Last Call!!!

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:44 pm

RIP Klondike

This is the most poignant post I've seen on this website. Thank you

All the haters can go have 8AMs at the Quinn in February

ASUchipman

Unread post by ASUchipman » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:54 pm

The haters all drink White Claws. I have Really grown tired of the keyboard warriors. Most couldn’t coach a little league flag team. Losing sucks but so does the entitlement attitude of our “fans”.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:07 am

ASUchipman wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:54 pm
The haters all drink White Claws. I have Really grown tired of the keyboard warriors. Most couldn’t coach a little league flag team. Losing sucks but so does the entitlement attitude of our “fans”.

BINGO. You and Beer hat have won the award for best posts of the season. ;)
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:42 am

What? Alcohol consumption leads to promiscuous sexual behavior? Who knew??
PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:36 pm
Back in college I could go into Murphy’s or Klondike 10 minutes before closing time…and even though it was packed, I was always confident that I’d be served several beers, flirt with a girl or two and maybe even get laid now and then. I’m not bragging, I was just optimistic.
After reading the doom and gloom and prognostications about losing today and future losses next year, I doubt some of you guys on here would have even attempted to open the bar door. “It’s too crowded in there…I’ll never get a beer…she’s too hot….I don’t stand a chance!”
Pessimism runs deep on here and on APP Twitter accounts from a certain subset of posters.
To them I say…Relax…from time to time we will lose but have faith…be optimistic!
Look, I hate losing but until the final whistle blows, I always think we will win…we could be down by a hundred but I always think we’ve got this in the bag! So, my advice is for y’all is to chill on the negativity. A game isn’t lost after being down by a few scores.The season isn’t trashed after a loss or two.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:03 am

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:36 pm
Awesome post, and a tip of the cap from a fellow PBR drinker.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:43 am

You're expectations are really high if you play this scenario through to the finish line. Some are already negotiating with their mom to get better streaming service to their basement..Now, you're asking them to approach someone in hopes of entertainment AND then they have to ask their mom for permission to bring the date back to the basement...No, not gonna happen. That would require too much effort and cahunas... playing this out for a friend🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Blackshirt68

Unread post by Blackshirt68 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:49 am

Loved the comment by kornegay about 8:00 am in the Center! Talk about “soft”. I remember Bob White on WATA saying “Get up football players! Got to be in Varsity Gym by 6:00.”

JGthatsme86

Unread post by JGthatsme86 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:05 am

This thread gives me hope that there are actually sane people on this board. Well said PBR!

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:47 am

Our phenomenal success has created this unrealistic belief that we're going to go undefeated (or close to it) every year, win every SBC Championship, win every bowl game (which should be against P5s BTW). That's just not gonna happen. Our program is incredible and we're going to contend for championships and bowl victories for years to come. I hate that our players and coaches have to be subjected to this type of negativity which is actually from a relatively small, but unfortunately, vocal group.
Our players and coaches work incredibly hard, and I for one want to thank them for another great season and I have a feeling that the best is yet to come...already looking forward to next season!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:40 pm

As I have said many times, I hope to heck that the players and staff don't read this board or get advice from it. It won't hurt their feelings or egos, but will give them the wrong impression of our fan base.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:16 pm

I wish all the chicken littles would form their own board.
Bring Your A Game!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:55 pm

You should see some of the twitter fools. They are beyond belief.
Last edited by Rekdiver on Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:29 pm

Girls always tried to take advantage of me at Murphy’s and Klondike. I mean, what was I? Just a piece of meat? I could sense them undressing me with their elevator eyes.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:40 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Girls always tried to take advantage of me at Murphy’s and Klondike. I mean, what was I? Just a piece of meat? I could sense them undressing me with their elevator eyes.
Dude keep It coming! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

AZAppGrad

Unread post by AZAppGrad » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:38 pm

At least you didn’t have to drive to BR to get that beer like we did when I was in school….although, I did enjoy getting hit on at Antlers, The Library Club, etc…

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:41 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:29 pm
All I ever wanted was to a have witty fun conversation before they objectifyed me...it seemed there was one thing those girls wanted and it was disgusting

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:57 pm

“Hey girl. My eyes are up here.”

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:13 pm

PBR for President....
Twitter: @wxcrum

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY