Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

YouTube TV

AppHawk
School: Appalachian State

YouTube TV

Unread post by AppHawk » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:31 pm

Just saw on the ESPN scroll that unless an agreement is made before midnight tonight YouTube TV subscribers will lose the ABC/Disney/ESPN family of channels. Certainly not happy about this. Terrible timing.

Other than going somewhere to catch the game in the morning- does anybody have any ideas of how to get ESPN tomorrow if an agreement isn't reached?

Had the ole vasectomy today and had great plans of watching games from the couch tomorrow 🤣

scatman77

Re: YouTube TV

Unread post by scatman77 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:37 pm

AppHawk wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:31 pm
Just saw on the ESPN scroll that unless an agreement is made before midnight tonight YouTube TV subscribers will lose the ABC/Disney/ESPN family of channels. Certainly not happy about this. Terrible timing.

Other than going somewhere to catch the game in the morning- does anybody have any ideas of how to get ESPN tomorrow if an agreement isn't reached?

Had the ole vasectomy today and had great plans of watching games from the couch tomorrow 🤣
This better be resolved PDQ! I have YouTubeTV and the sports channels were the main selling points. I pay for ESPN+ and have the ESPN app so maybe I can get it that way if ABC/Disney/ESPN screws the pooch.
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:37 pm

AppHawk wrote:

Just get Hulu . YouTube’s garbage. With the Hulu you get all the ESPN , Disney and it’s bundled cheaper .

AppHawk

Unread post by AppHawk » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:43 pm

I may look into Hulu. We've had YouTube for about 4 years and really have had a great experience thus far. Provides the sports, locals, and kids channels at a price much cheaper than what we were paying Dish.

Are network games on ESPN+ or just those specifically relegated to +?

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:49 pm

AppHawk wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:43 pm
I may look into Hulu. We've had YouTube for about 4 years and really have had a great experience thus far. Provides the sports, locals, and kids channels at a price much cheaper than what we were paying Dish.

Are network games on ESPN+ or just those specifically relegated to +?
Hulu’s streaming platform is by far better than YouTube. I had YouTube till earlier this year then switched. Between paying for ESPN + Disney plus and YouTube , we got a bundle package through Hulu which is owned by Disney and include all of the above and save close to 45$ a month.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:06 pm

You can always do the free trial of Hulu for the weekend.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:28 pm

Find someone who doesn't mind you using their charter/spectrum account or comcast account. I use a family members login on my Roku and get to watch most of the channels through the spectrum App including ESPN.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:01 pm

If you have certain Verizon plans you can get sling for 2 months free.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:03 pm

Until now, I thought the YouTube experience was well beyond what hulu could provide. YouTube allows you to watch your home channels away from home on non-mobile devices. Hulu does not. Additionally, if you have a larger family, Hulu only shows 2 concurrent streams where YouTube allows 5. Of course, you can increase on both as needed.

Quality is also better in YouTube -- especially if you have a 4k TV.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:07 am

11:50 pm during the 4th quarter of JMU/NDSU playoff game ESPN went south. I can't get the app to open on TV, the laptop, phone, or iPad. They need to get their guano together and quit all this madness. Using bowl season, FCS and FBS playoffs as pawns is not cool.

DomCrosetto

Unread post by DomCrosetto » Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:01 am

scatman77 wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:07 am
11:50 pm during the 4th quarter of JMU/NDSU playoff game ESPN went south. I can't get the app to open on TV, the laptop, phone, or iPad. They need to get their guano together and quit all this madness. Using bowl season, FCS and FBS playoffs as pawns is not cool.
100% agree. Same just happened to me.

I did find a work around for myself. I still have Spectrum internet in order to run YouTubeTV. I just signed into my Spectrum login through ESPN app and it allowed me to watch the rest of the playoff game. I tried another live event (hockey) and still watching it without issue. So, depending on internet service provider, you may still be able to get the game on the app tomorrow.
Check out the Sun Belt Syndicate podcast! Streaming audio everywhere & live video once a week.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:38 am

AppHawk wrote:

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:57 am

Also have YouTube TV and have really enjoyed it. We also have the Disney bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ so we’re good to go. The only consolation is that we will get a discount now from YouTube which will offset the Disney bundle. I’ll give this a try and see if it’s worth the hassle because I will miss having YT TV on my phone and all the streams it provides. If this does not get resolved soon then I’ll look into Hulu TV or Spectrum’s streaming package.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:20 am

Anyone who is having issues, Sling TV and Direct TV Stream both have free trials, I believe. Just sign up for the max package, enjoy the free trial, cancel. You can do it a few times with maybe yours, your roommates, your kids, your wife's email.

Just remember to cancel.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:40 am

Unrelated question. Anyway to listen to app st commentators w hi ike watching on TV without the delay between the two?

I am always seeking an unbiased point of view on the game while being played :D
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:01 pm

Youtube TV is currently the #1 in the streaming cable world. Hulu is #2. ESPN is owned by Disney. Hulu is owned by Disney. This wasn't a random occurrence or contract issue. This is just Disney trying to push customers to Hulu and away from Youtube. I wouldn't get your hopes too high that this changes anytime soon.

aussie86

Unread post by aussie86 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:02 pm

Absolutely!!!!

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:50 am

appdaze wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:01 pm
Youtube TV is currently the #1 in the streaming cable world. Hulu is #2. ESPN is owned by Disney. Hulu is owned by Disney. This wasn't a random occurrence or contract issue. This is just Disney trying to push customers to Hulu and away from Youtube. I wouldn't get your hopes too high that this changes anytime soon.
And the thing is, Hulu has progressively gotten worse this past year. Any live content continually skips and freezes. Frustrating as h....
The Appalachian State

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Deal has been reached and Disney is back on YouTube TV. I've had to remind people that this was not just a YouTube TV problem. Negotiations go both ways. As a subscriber, I'm glad YouTube TV (Google) went to bat and made sure my monthly price didn't increase. Just as the issue with NBC/Universal earlier this year this was just a minor hiccup.
WE ARE YOSEF!

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:52 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:06 pm
Deal has been reached and Disney is back on YouTube TV. I've had to remind people that this was not just a YouTube TV problem. Negotiations go both ways. As a subscriber, I'm glad YouTube TV (Google) went to bat and made sure my monthly price didn't increase. Just as the issue with NBC/Universal earlier this year this was just a minor hiccup.
We got the notification on TV and I received an email confirming the return of those channels and a one-time $15 bill reduction. It's 10:51 right now and I still do not have the channels in my lineup.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”