So AL discussion

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

So AL discussion

Unread post by biggie » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:51 am

Seeing that their normal QB Bentley has torn MCL from last game.

Would appear well have to replace Helms on OL. Guess we’ll see about Pearson make it back but would assume he may be out again.

Noticed Harrington was held out again. Not sure if he traveled.

Black Saturday

Re: So AL discussion

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:32 am

biggie wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:51 am

Would appear well have to replace Helms on OL. Guess we’ll see about Pearson make it back but would assume he may be out again.

Last week Harrington was resting, maybe he needed more rest this week too? Odd to me if that’s the case and not an injury. It wasn’t too long ago he was our #1.
BLACK SATURDAY

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:39 am

Don’t mind him resting - that arky turf is terrible for cutting and it wasn’t worth the risk.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:10 am

If 4 does not play 4 games, can he reshirt...does he have enough eligibility to redshirt? If I were him and knowing that he is not a pro prospect but a good player for App. St., this would be a route I would consider if I were him. You only get so many years to play and if his playing career is over at the end of his college tenure, play as long as you are eligible as long as he can stay healthy and wants to play.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:53 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:10 am
If 4 does not play 4 games, can he reshirt...does he have enough eligibility to redshirt? If I were him and knowing that he is not a pro prospect but a good player for App. St., this would be a route I would consider if I were him. You only get so many years to play and if his playing career is over at the end of his college tenure, play as long as you are eligible as long as he can stay healthy and wants to play.
Chop has another year of eligibility any way -- regardless of how many games he plays.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:57 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:10 am
I don’t think so. He redshirted in 2018. Since last year didn’t count, he can come back next year. Without the CoVid rules regarding 2020, he may have been able to file for a medical RS but I don’t know if that is the case now.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:44 pm

biggie wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:51 am

With the way folks were slipping on that turf yesterday, glad we didn't play him.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:53 pm

It seems ro me Coach Clark is holding back on PT if the guys aren't 100%. 99.9% and they are not seeing PT or limited. He has said that in his press conferences. It seems different and it also looks like he is leaving it to the players if they are close to 100% to go or no go. This is strictly my observation not first hand knowledge. Not saying its right or wrong just a different look from normal. It also helps that the team is stacked with talent that they can do that and not risk permanent injury. Should help with team strength now that we are reaching the home stretch.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:28 pm

The last 2 games it hasn’t made any difference.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:42 pm

APP-22 this week versus South Al
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:00 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:53 pm
It seems ro me Coach Clark is holding back on PT if the guys aren't 100%. 99.9% and they are not seeing PT or limited. He has said that in his press conferences. It seems different and it also looks like he is leaving it to the players if they are close to 100% to go or no go. This is strictly my observation not first hand knowledge. Not saying its right or wrong just a different look from normal. It also helps that the team is stacked with talent that they can do that and not risk permanent injury. Should help with team strength now that we are reaching the home stretch.
Even though Peoples had a good day, I thought he had a little hitch in his giddy-up. I’m not sure he was completely 100%
BLACK SATURDAY

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:47 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:00 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:53 pm
Even though Peoples had a good day, I thought he had a little hitch in his giddy-up. I’m not sure he was completely 100%
I agree. He seemed a couple of times to favor one leg over the other. Seems like he just has one of those nagging injuries, but man what a beast. We are definitely better with him at 85-90% than without him.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:04 pm

I was at the game. Sat right behind the bench.

Can was walking around fine. Maybe he isn't 100 so Clark is holding him to save him for when he is needed. I imagine that's what is happening with Chop as well.

Helms was on crutches after he came out of the tent. Everybody was dapping him up and patting him on the back. Take what you want from that.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:26 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:04 pm
I was at the game. Sat right behind the bench.

Can was walking around fine. Maybe he isn't 100 so Clark is holding him to save him for when he is needed. I imagine that's what is happening with Chop as well.

Helms was on crutches after he came out of the tent. Everybody was dapping him up and patting him on the back. Take what you want from that.
Spoke with someone after the game that spoke with his mother, who was outside the tent leaning over the rail. It is a knee issue and they are waiting to do more tests when they got back to Boone.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm

Still a ways out but the weather bears watching for Saturday. Pack the Rock and pack a little extra anti-freeze. Go App! 1-0.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:52 am

South Alabama has played a weaker schedule, but it appears that they have a pretty good defense. They have a head scratching loss to ULM. They lost a close one to UL, and they beat Ark State pretty good. They are only averaging giving up 319 yards per game and are very stingy against the run. They have not played a P5 to date, but do have a game with Tennessee in a few weeks. Looks like their QB is out after the Troy game, but they have other transfers that they are relying on to fill in.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:17 pm

USA lost close to Louisiana, but that has been zero indication of how well we'll fare against any school. We have had two other common opponents with UL so far this year--Georgia State and Arkansas State. They snuck by both--by 4 points and 1 point respectively, both in relatively low-scoring affairs. Meanwhile, we blew the doors off of both. So by that measure, we should win and cover against USA, but considering how thoroughly UL worked us, it's all a bit of a head-scratcher.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:26 pm

South Alabama has a defense designed to stop the run. Their new head coach did wonders as the DC at Indiana the previous 2 years. If we see Brice struggle a little like he did at LaLa, this will be a lot closer than most think.

They also have the best offensive NFL talent in the conference in Tolbert.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Agreed. of the relatively new coaches coming into the SunBelt, I actually thought USA Coach was the one that we may need to worry about 2 to 3 years down the road if he can transition from a coordinator to the responsibilities of a HC. If you can play decent defense at UI, that is saying something...lol
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:50 pm

I have to think that the App offense is extremely tough for opposing teams to game plan for. We are overall the most balanced team I can recall seeing. We are equally capable of a 200 yard rushing and 200 yard passing effort in any game. God luck SA.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”