East side concessions

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY

East side concessions

Unread post by PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:36 am

What-to theT-to the Efff?!?!?!
The amount of revenue lost each game day and the continuous cluster eff that is the east concourse in general due to long waiting lines is becoming comical.
Fix it….pretty please!

AppSt91
School: Appalachian State

Re: East side concessions

Unread post by AppSt91 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:46 am

Completely agree. It is beyond comical now. Do the people in charge of that mess ever actually see it?

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:51 am

Yep, my wife went middle of 2nd qtr to get a drink and popcorn, came back empty handed due to the lines being so long. I once always had peanuts and a drink at the game for starters, now I spend $0.

On a good note, I did see the portajohns had been added for this game

ASUGrad2014

Unread post by ASUGrad2014 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:53 am

West side isn’t any better. I refuse to even go down to concessions because I would probably miss an entire quarter of football.

AppSt91

Unread post by AppSt91 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:14 am

appstate5 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:51 am
Yep, my wife went middle of 2nd qtr to get a drink and popcorn, came back empty handed due to the lines being so long. I once always had peanuts and a drink at the game for starters, now I spend $0.

On a good note, I did see the portajohns had been added for this game
Funny you mention peanuts. I asked yesterday if they had any and the girl showed me a pack of peanut M&M's. :roll:

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am

How is this different than any restaurant that one would visit in October 2021?
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:14 am

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am
I don't know what restaurants you're going to, but I've never had to wait in line for over 30 minutes just to get a drink....
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:33 am

Do we have to pay benefits or something...do they have to go thru the full AppState application hiring process. I would think you could pay 50 dollars an hour to hand out 9 dollar beers if the line is that long. Surely some student would sign up for 50 bucks an hour even if it was only 2 hours.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:11 pm

The concessions are a mess. But I'm not sure how it can ever get much better. Both concourses (even the East) are much to small for the crowds we now draw

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:23 pm

Perhaps it's time to let some student groups run concession stands for a fundraising project or better yet let groups hawk the stands.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:36 pm

PBR1893-BEER-HAT-GUY wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:36 am
The amount of revenue lost each game day and the continuous cluster eff that is the east concourse in general due to long waiting lines is becoming comical.
Fix it….pretty please!
I haven’t bought any concessions in a couple of years now. I don’t look forward to driving up for games only to miss over a quarter of the action just to get a bag of peanuts and a diet Pepsi.

This week, for the first time , I smuggled a bottle of water in because at the Coastal game I really needed some H2O but couldn’t get any without missing serious game time. DG really needs to get a handle on this. The new facilities and our big crowds are great but hiding under the surface is a serious problem that is badly hurting our game day experience.

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:37 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:32 am
How can you make that comparison? Besides, this is a problem thats been going on long before Covid.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:43 pm

Maybe if they get rid of the ice in cups, the lines would be shorter

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:21 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:36 pm
Fix it….pretty please!
I haven’t bought any concessions in a couple of years now. I don’t look forward to driving up for games only to miss over a quarter of the action just to get a bag of peanuts and a diet Pepsi.

This week, for the first time , I smuggled a bottle of water in because at the Coastal game I really needed some H2O but couldn’t get any without missing serious game time. DG really needs to get a handle on this. The new facilities and our big crowds are great but hiding under the surface is a serious problem that is badly hurting our game day experience.
You don't need to snuggle it in. They allow one bottle of water per person. They made that announcement after the first game as a way to alleviate the issues.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

asu24

Unread post by asu24 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:22 pm

Couple sitting next to me yesterday were App fans but weren't regular attendees. Husband left mid 2nd quarter for concessions . He returned about 3 minutes into 3rd quarter.
Totally ridiculous.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:12 pm

Totally agree with all these sentiments. Things like this have gone on long enough! The trend has been in relation to changes and progression only concerned with Big changes and Big money correlating with Big debt.

No attention to volume business and small quality. The lost revenue really does add up as well as the impact it has on returning fans and guest. The PTB need to learn to understand the smaller back burner issues with attention to detail. These things can have simple solutions/ easy fixes. The price gouging is irrelevant when no one is tempted to make a purchase due to missing the event they are there for in the first place. That's why people say I can watch from home and enjoy the game. This is why the stands look empty for periods of time during the game. Professional sports have venders selling in the stands to offset this as well as more access per capacity. If you go to the game make preparations and enjoy the game. Maybe someday they will realize the lost revenue and do something about it. If we ever add more seats they need to consider more concessions, more bathrooms, walk path design and sensible pricing first and foremost.
KICK ASS!!!

AppinATL

Unread post by AppinATL » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:13 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:21 pm
AppinATL wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:36 pm
Fix it….pretty please!

You don't need to snuggle it in. They allow one bottle of water per person. They made that announcement after the first game as a way to alleviate the issues.
Good to know. Now I can get a bottle of water in legit, leaving me room to smuggle in some peanuts.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:15 pm

Sat on the east side for the Elon game. Family showed up mid 2nd quarter. Sat for about a minute. Left to get concessions and showed back up 4th quarter

1ASU78

Unread post by 1ASU78 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:25 pm

I Don’t go to concessions anymore. I’ve resorted to contraband. Yes I’ve gone to the dark side. A bag of peanut butter pretzels, couple candy bars, unauthorized bag of M&Ms. The Dollar store is my supplier. This is confidential info by the way. Please do not repeat wouldn’t want DG to get in trouble. DG code for Dollar General. Now with 1 water allowed .......

Is personnel the issue or capacity of the concession booth just not capable of 29K people? Concession tents, portable concession trailer/ facilities on the hill? Food trucks provide a nice touch but aren’t providing much relief. This is something that can be resolved. Just need some creative thinking.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:34 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:12 pm
Totally agree with all these sentiments. Things like this have gone on long enough! The trend has been in relation to changes and progression only concerned with Big changes and Big money correlating with Big debt.

No attention to volume business and small quality. The lost revenue really does add up as well as the impact it has on returning fans and guest. The PTB need to learn to understand the smaller back burner issues with attention to detail. These things can have simple solutions/ easy fixes. The price gouging is irrelevant when no one is tempted to make a purchase due to missing the event they are there for in the first place. That's why people say I can watch from home and enjoy the game. This is why the stands look empty for periods of time during the game. Professional sports have venders selling in the stands to offset this as well as more access per capacity. If you go to the game make preparations and enjoy the game. Maybe someday they will realize the lost revenue and do something about it. If we ever add more seats they need to consider more concessions, more bathrooms, walk path design and sensible pricing first and foremost.
Like what?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”