Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Stadium parking deck

canes_mj
School: Appalachian State

Stadium parking deck

Unread post by canes_mj » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:41 pm

Haven't seen anyone else post a pic...had to come to Boone for some business so stopped by the stadium to take a look. Looks about ready.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg

NewApp

Re: Stadium parking deck

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 pm

When all this is over will the deck and what's left of the lot then hold more than it did as just a parking lot?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:01 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:21 pm
When all this is over will the deck and what's left of the lot then hold more than it did as just a parking lot?
The net gain from the deck over the previous stadium lot will be about 250 spaces.

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:36 am

NewApp wrote:
When all is said and done, we'll have more parking as well as more dorm space. There shouldn't be much, if any, of the old stadium lot left once there are four dorms and a north endzone facility in that space. All of this construction headache will be well worth it when there's a new Justice dorm and Bowie, Eggers, Gardner, Coltrane, and East are replaced by state of the art facilities.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:54 am

I still miss Mayberry , but of course you are right.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 am

I thought the deck would be taller. Seems like we're missing an opportunity for more parking.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:12 am

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:31 am

DaphneUrquhart wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:36 am
NewApp wrote:
When all is said and done, we'll have more parking as well as more dorm space. There shouldn't be much, if any, of the old stadium lot left once there are four dorms and a north endzone facility in that space. All of this construction headache will be well worth it when there's a new Justice dorm and Bowie, Eggers, Gardner, Coltrane, and East are replaced by state of the art facilities.
Daphne, how many stories will the new Justice have? It was only 4 (but U shaped) when I stayed in it one quarter back in the day. Approximately how many years will it take for all the new dorms to be operational?
Google SUX

Unread post by 8993 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 am

NewApp wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:31 am
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Daphne, how many stories will the new Justice have? It was only 4 (but U shaped) when I stayed in it one quarter back in the day. Approximately how many years will it take for all the new dorms to be operational?
You can read all about the project here: https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... ence_halls. It's been talked about in depth on here numerous times now.

asucrutch23

Unread post by asucrutch23 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 am

NewApp wrote:
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Daphne, how many stories will the new Justice have?
Looks like 5 from this rendering: https://www.appstate.edu/_images/vision ... CT2018.jpg

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:23 am

8993 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:07 am
NewApp wrote:
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NewApp wrote:
You can read all about the project here: https://www.appstate.edu/appalachians-f ... ence_halls. It's been talked about in depth on here numerous times now.

Thanks. Lots of good information, but I still didn't see how many stories Justice will be and I thought the public/private partnership had been scrapped, or was that just for the new end zone project.
Note, now on edit, I see what maybe it will look like (if that is it) in crutch's post.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:26 am

asucrutch23 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 am
NewApp wrote:
DaphneUrquhart wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Daphne, how many stories will the new Justice have?
Looks like 5 from this rendering: https://www.appstate.edu/_images/vision ... CT2018.jpg

Big beautiful facility, crutch. Hope they name it after old Justice.
Google SUX

DaphneUrquhart

Unread post by DaphneUrquhart » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:52 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:56 am
I thought the deck would be taller. Seems like we're missing an opportunity for more parking.
There will be more parking elsewhere (e.g. in the Gardner-Coltrane footprint) that eliminates the need for a huge deck. The current design is aimed at more parking in a smaller footprint without doing serious damage to the view and overall aesthetics of the project. It also puts the top of the deck at the same level as the surface spaces behind Bowie and Eggers.
If serving is beneath you, then leading is beyond you.

#GiveYosef

appgrouch
Location: In my seat, waiting for people to shut up and play.

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:14 am

So now Men's Tennis, ID Track, OD Track and Women's Tennis, OD Track, ID Track are all homeless. How much longer until we add Softball to that list. And no the courts on Rivers street won't work for matches due to cracks in them.
That's what I do. I gripe and I know things.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm

appgrouch wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:14 am
So now Men's Tennis, ID Track, OD Track and Women's Tennis, OD Track, ID Track are all homeless. How much longer until we add Softball to that list. And no the courts on Rivers street won't work for matches due to cracks in them.
They are all going to old HS property, including softball.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:34 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm
appgrouch wrote:

Gradually. :(
Google SUX

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:30 pm

AppDawg wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm
appgrouch wrote:
Track has been homeless for a season already. It will likely be 2022 before they are fully able to use the new facility. Tennis will likely be able to use their space fully by spring of 2021, but I would not hold my breath. The softball field will likely be shut down after this season so that they can work on Sofield, it would be at least 2022 before the new facility would be ready.

It adds us to about 125 athletes that will not have regular practice/competition areas for at least 2 seasons if not more.

The Rock

Unread post by The Rock » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:54 pm

I still question what this is doing to the game day atmosphere. I understand you cant let 6 Saturdays per year limit progress, but tailgating, and the overall atmosphere does bring a lot of people to App. Even though we are netting more spaces, who wants to tailgate inside a parking deck? It is hotter in the summer, cooler in the winter and loud. Where will people be flying their flags, App themed airplanes, grilling, playing cornhole and football? People don't even know where they are going to be parking next year. It seems like we could have re-built dorms in place and built the new facility and still achieved the new state of the art facility we are looking to have and not sacrificed so much of the ambiance that makes a fall Saturday in Boone such a special place.

appgrouch

Unread post by appgrouch » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm

The Rock wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:54 pm
I still question what this is doing to the game day atmosphere. I understand you cant let 6 Saturdays per year limit progress, but tailgating, and the overall atmosphere does bring a lot of people to App. Even though we are netting more spaces, who wants to tailgate inside a parking deck? It is hotter in the summer, cooler in the winter and loud. Where will people be flying their flags, App themed airplanes, grilling, playing cornhole and football? People don't even know where they are going to be parking next year. It seems like we could have re-built dorms in place and built the new facility and still achieved the new state of the art facility we are looking to have and not sacrificed so much of the ambiance that makes a fall Saturday in Boone such a special place.
I would say that there will be an option for an upgraded surface space when renewing for future years. There will be a number that will want to park in stadium but not tailgate.

By 2021, there should be around 160-260 surface spaces available plus the top of the deck.

Plus they put about 100 more spaces where the tennis courts were.

AppDawg

Unread post by AppDawg » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:26 pm

appgrouch wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:26 pm
The Rock wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:54 pm
I would say that there will be an option for an upgraded surface space when renewing for future years. There will be a number that will want to park in stadium but not tailgate.

By 2021, there should be around 160-260 surface spaces available plus the top of the deck.

Plus they put about 100 more spaces where the tennis courts were.
There also will be a quad area between all the new dorms being built... recall the YOSEF/End of season survey a year or two ago where there were a lot of questions that hinted at an “ole miss” Grove atmosphere. The questions revolved around having a tent and table ready for you, options for catering or BYO... Not saying it’ll happen, but we will have the space to provide such an opportunity. Ideally, this would be for those that park inside the deck and want to tailgate outdoors.

Change is hard & call me crazy, but we may just end up with an even better atmosphere.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”