School: Appalachian State

Re: T A&M

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 pm

Talks fast and said some nice stuff. Of course Chase hasn't been here 6 years

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:07 pm

Clark seems much more comfortable and confident in the press conferences so far. Even after loss Saturday. Wonder if he has something up his sleeve and feels he does have a above average squad? Just seemed like he was a little more humble in years past. Hope his confidence translates and the team executes

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm

We are going down there to win.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:17 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm
Absolutely!!!!!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:09 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:13 pm
No question. Just because some of us don't expect to win does not mean our players and coaches should not go down there with the intent to win. You play to win the game and I have no doubt our staff is going to do their best to do so.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:12 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:55 pm
Talks fast and said some nice stuff. Of course Chase hasn't been here 6 years
He corrected it later on and said that he had been at Duke and Clemson. He talks fast and meant that Brice has played for 6 years. I do the same thing sometimes. I was just impressed with his SoCon and App State knowledge off the top of his head.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:00 pm

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... anked-team

6. Texas A&M Aggies (1-0)
Previous ranking: 6

Week 1 result: 31-0 win vs. Sam Houston

What's next: vs. Appalachian State (Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET)

The Aggies face an Appalachian State team that scored 61 points against North Carolina -- including 40 in the fourth quarter -- and lost. The defense will be tested, but the Aggies are confident in the talent they've stocked there. The return of senior Ainias Smith has been huge, however, for the offense. He had six catches for 164 yards and two touchdowns and will be a go-to for an offense in a youth movement. -- Dave Wilson

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:28 am

This game has an App upset written all over it. Many people say A&M is overranked. They struggled at QB (2 picks) and running the ball last week against a far inferior opponent. They only had 110 yards rushing. That is bad when you are suppose to be a top 10 team against an FCS opponent. I feel confident in our defenses ability to improve after the UNC game. The key is to make this an App game not an A&M game. If we run the ball effectively and force a few turnovers - I see us pulling off an upset. I am more confident against A&M than I was for UNC weirdly enough.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:39 am

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:44 am

Line is up to 19 so guess no one has confidence of our D to do anything and believes UNC's D is so bad we won't be able to score on TA&M. Many that I've seen on their message board don't predict we will get more than 10-17 points.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:55 am

19 is an awful lot of points for them to cover. Their QB makes questionable decisions too. 2 interceptions against us and we are good enough to make them pay.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:59 am

I'll take the points. Upset is possible. Defense needs to step up. What I really liked from last weekend is how loose and fluid our offense looked. Only time we looked tight was when we got behind the chains due to penalties. Got a lot of confidence as well in our receivers after seeing what we have this year. This could be a real ballgame. Can't wait to see

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:07 am

Yosefus wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:59 am
I'll take the points. Upset is possible. Defense needs to step up. What I really liked from last weekend is how loose and fluid our offense looked. Only time we looked tight was when we got behind the chains due to penalties. Got a lot of confidence as well in our receivers after seeing what we have this year. This could be a real ballgame. Can't wait to see
I walked away with the same feelings. I’m looking forward to seeing how the offensive line holds up.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:04 pm

While I have complete faith in our offense, I have too many concerns for our defense to think we step into an SEC hostile environment and walk away with a victory over a top 10 team. We could not stop UNC and I don't have much faith that we can stop A&M until I see it. We got absolutely no pressure from our defensive ends all game. Earle does a great job clogging the middle and our linebackers are unreal but when we get no pressure from the ends it makes it a tough thing to overcome. On pass plays, it leaves either the qb with lots of time to find open receivers or it creates big holes for a quick qb to run through because the ends just get blocked out of the play. Their qb King is reported to have sub 4.5 speed in the 40. Until we can find a way for our defensive ends to get pressure on the qb, the defense will continue to struggle. I hope that I am wrong and our ends improve significantly from game 1 to game 2 but I need to see some improvement before I can call for the upset of a top 10 SEC school that has recruited way better than that underachieving UNC team we just lost to. People talked about UNC having 4-5 star kids all over the field, well A&M has more of them and they are coached better and Kyle Field is a very unhospitable atmosphere. Hope I am wrong, but I think there is a far better chance for a beat down than an upset. I just hope we score a ton and compete and make a game out of it. maybe we can outscore them.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:11 pm

I’m not convinced A&M’s offense is any better than UNC. The talking heads on CBS Sports Network said the best O-line will not belong to the home team on Saturday. They still picked the Aggies though. I don’t think their QB is anywhere close to Maye. I’m hoping we see a BIG difference in our D.
WE ARE YOSEF!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:13 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:04 pm
While I have complete faith in our offense, I have too many concerns for our defense to think we step into an SEC hostile environment and walk away with a victory over a top 10 team. We could not stop UNC and I don't have much faith that we can stop A&M until I see it. We got absolutely no pressure from our defensive ends all game. Earle does a great job clogging the middle and our linebackers are unreal but when we get no pressure from the ends it makes it a tough thing to overcome. On pass plays, it leaves either the qb with lots of time to find open receivers or it creates big holes for a quick qb to run through because the ends just get blocked out of the play. Their qb King is reported to have sub 4.5 speed in the 40. Until we can find a way for our defensive ends to get pressure on the qb, the defense will continue to struggle. I hope that I am wrong and our ends improve significantly from game 1 to game 2 but I need to see some improvement before I can call for the upset of a top 10 SEC school that has recruited way better than that underachieving UNC team we just lost to. People talked about UNC having 4-5 star kids all over the field, well A&M has more of them and they are coached better and Kyle Field is a very unhospitable atmosphere. Hope I am wrong, but I think there is a far better chance for a beat down than an upset. I just hope we score a ton and compete and make a game out of it. maybe we can outscore them.
I feel the same way you do and it appears the betting public agrees because the line moved up some. I feel like we probably lose by 17-24 range. If we somehow lose by 10 or less and give up less than 35 I am going to feel better about our chances to win the rest of the games. I fully expected 0-2 coming into this year but I will be there supporting our team. I don't think A&M has a better QB than Maye and I'm pretty sure he is not nearly as mobile, which should help our defense.

John-N-Houston

Unread post by John-N-Houston » Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:20 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:03 pm
Why are some people so enamored with gambling odds? (Only one book has a line, but it’s +16.5) etc.
Why do you care? You constantly are posting things that are far more meaningless than gambling odds. Gambling odds give you an idea of how the team is viewed by well informed oddsmakers.
You guys correct me if I’m wrong, but “oddsmakers”, surprisingly, don’t set the final odds. They may set the opening odds, but as the game approaches, the betting public determines the odds. Late last week, approaching game time, the odds switched from Apps +3 to Apps -3 as the betters began to favor the “good guys”. That way, “Vegas” always wins in the long run, just like at the tables.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:04 pm

The purpose of odds isn't to predict the outcome of the game, but to achieve even money on both sides of the line. As money funnels into one position the line will adjust in an attempt to achieve this. So in a way the line is an indication of what vegas sees as public perception not a prediction.

Typically the house takes 10% of your bet and getting a 10% return creates economic value.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:44 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:03 pm
Why are some people so enamored with gambling odds? (Only one book has a line, but it’s +16.5) etc.
Why do you care? You constantly are posting things that are far more meaningless than gambling odds. Gambling odds give you an idea of how the team is viewed by well informed oddsmakers.
These are my points. Valid or not
1. I detest the day the NCAA or whoever starting allowing formal legalized gambling on COLLEGE sports.
2. Millions are won on lost gambling formally on college sports
3. Vegas is still indirectly run by the mob
4. Sooner or later gambling is going to insidiously and illegally get into having players throw games. It already happened before college gambling became legal
5.Yes they are more right that wrong. But even when they appear to be right, they have hedged their bets.
6. How did they do on our upset of Michigan?

If my post inconvenienced you in any way, please accept my apologies.
Last edited by NewApp on Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:46 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:04 pm
The purpose of odds isn't to predict the outcome of the game, but to achieve even money on both sides of the line. As money funnels into one position the line will adjust in an attempt to achieve this. So in a way the line is an indication of what vegas sees as public perception not a prediction.

Typically the house takes 10% of your bet and getting a 10% return creates economic value.
In other words they net money either way,
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”