It's time guys...Clark must go

Moonshine Runners
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by Moonshine Runners » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:43 am

Whats done is done
Last edited by Moonshine Runners on Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:06 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:41 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:37 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm
I know this isn’t the popular opinion as we’ve been decimated by injuries this year. Yea I know who cares. That doesn’t matter right? But if we are measured on wins and losses, our kicker doesn’t choke we are winning and going bowling. I’m prepared for the onslaught of insults I’m sure will he directed my way. But to fire Clark is sec level idiocy
We agree on a lot of things so I sincerely want to know what you’re seeing that makes you think we’re going to even be an OK team under Coach Clark. I’m seeing a 3 year downward spiral that ended with us basically going from first to worst in the Belt.
It’s been tough to watch. I guess I’m looking at personnel. Our defense looked small and slow all season. We replaced a lot of talent and the talent we brought back couldnt stay healthy. I have hated these losses as much as anyone in this board as I’m invested
Emotionally and financially as well. I hate to say it but next year is the year for Clark. If we sputter again that’s it. I agree changes may need to be made in the off-season but maybe not the ones people think
Good analysis. This year has been unwatchable, after the JMU first half. I am forced to agree that next year is it. We are forced to keep Clark now for The same reason we hired him (money). In the college financial world we really don’t have any money and going forward we will fall further and further behind. We all need to hope that Clark can learn how to coach and we can somehow continue compete.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:29 am

Heard through the rumor mill that Dale Jones is retiring after this season.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 am

GOAPPS37 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:11 am
CharlotteApp05 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm
Honest question. Is DJ only the DC because he is with TS daughter? Can SC not fire him because of that?

Because if that’s the case we are in even worse shape than we think we are.
That has been my concern the whole season. No way DJ is leaving unless he initiates it. Very slippery slope with the money TS gives to the program.
How much money does he give? How often do we hear that no one is bigger than the program? This is Mickey Mouse stuff.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:33 am

I posted this on another thread: I've heard through the rumor mill that DJ is retiring and will not be back next season.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:53 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 pm
Reposting from the gameday thread- Clark lost the locker room last season, facts. I don't even care to keep it behind the Lodge gates. Like Shawn a lot as a man, but if you can't uphold the greatness of App State football, you've got to go. Doug has a business decision to make, it'll cost him a lot if we have a half filled stadium and low support next season.
This is true. And now Darrynton, henni and cam are on twitter seemingly digging at the coaches.
As I have said before, I didn't want to believe it when I started hearing those things last year, but it made me pay attention and it was abundantly clear this year. I, for one, need to apologize to Ponce. I put alot of blame on him, and much of it was well deserved, but not as much as I had piled on him
The Appalachian State

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 am

appstatealum wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:53 am
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Reposting from the gameday thread- Clark lost the locker room last season, facts. I don't even care to keep it behind the Lodge gates. Like Shawn a lot as a man, but if you can't uphold the greatness of App State football, you've got to go. Doug has a business decision to make, it'll cost him a lot if we have a half filled stadium and low support next season.
This is true. And now Darrynton, henni and cam are on twitter seemingly digging at the coaches.
As I have said before, I didn't want to believe it when I started hearing those things last year, but it made me pay attention and it was abundantly clear this year. I, for one, need to apologize to Ponce. I put alot of blame on him, and much of it was well deserved, but not as much as I had piled on him
Feels like all the offense dislikes Clark at this point.

Cam for certain, you have an OLs parent on 247 talking, then two offensive App HOFers tweeting about needing changes. Something is up and it ain’t good.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:05 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:57 am
appstatealum wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

Cam for certain, you have an OLs parent on 247 talking, then two offensive App HOFers tweeting about needing changes. Something is up and it ain’t good.
Are you in high school? You’ve more than made your point. You are just stirring the pot now.

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:09 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:33 am
I posted this on another thread: I've heard through the rumor mill that DJ is retiring and will not be back next season.
Sorry, but you must say it (post it 3 times) to come true. :lol:

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:10 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:05 am
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

Are you in high school? You’ve more than made your point. You are just stirring the pot now.
I haven’t replied to your last 20 shots at me, take a hint and block me back.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:15 am

proasu89 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:09 am
WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:33 am
Sorry, but you must say it (post it 3 times) to come true. :lol:
I must be getting older, with that said, I heard a rumor that DJ is retiring and will not return next season.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:22 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:10 am
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

I haven’t replied to your last 20 shots at me, take a hint and block me back.
I’m not in middle school. You wanna post like this. I’ll post too.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:23 am

CoachRob wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:48 am
Still not sold on this "all the talent in the world". I think coaches were handicapped in some ways.

I also think there's a lot of room for improvement from the coaches and need to make those improvements this offseason.

Clark gets 1 more year.
Enough talent to take UNC to OT and beat TAMU at Kyle Field, and be up 28-3 against JMU. Sorry, but the whole “not a talented team” BS, is just that. It’s an excuse for a coach who failed this season.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:24 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:23 am
CoachRob wrote:
Still not sold on this "all the talent in the world". I think coaches were handicapped in some ways.

I also think there's a lot of room for improvement from the coaches and need to make those improvements this offseason.

Clark gets 1 more year.
Enough talent to take UNC to OT and beat TAMU at Kyle Field, and be up 28-3 against JMU. Sorry, but the whole “not a talented team” BS, is just that. It’s an excuse for a coach who failed this season.
Do you think injuries have factored in at all? Honest question

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:28 am

Strength and conditioning seems to be lacking significantly.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:31 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:24 am
Yosef10 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Clark gets 1 more year.
Do you think injuries have factored in at all? Honest question
Good programs win even with injured players. UT blew out Vandy yesterday with their star QB out. UM beat OSU with their star RB out. I’ve seen Coastal win with backup QBs. Injuries play a factor every year, but there were no injuries significant enough to miss a bowl game with what returned from last years team.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:40 am

Yosef10 wrote:
CoachRob wrote:

Clark gets 1 more year.
It’s also not Clark’s first year, it’s his 3rd. Most of these guys should be players he and his staff have recruited. Add to that the open transfer portal. If the talent isn’t there, it’s not Drink’s or anyone else’s fault anymore.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:43 am

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:58 pm
AppWyo wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:46 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:43 pm
NoLongerLurking wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:41 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:29 pm

Throw out some names
My point is simple, but perhaps naive. My post is absolute truth - for the same reason there are not only 2 people worthy of leading the free world every 4 years. There are tens of thousands of individuals that could do a better job than anyone you place on a pedestal.

We are all just people.
So you don’t really have anyone you are just venting. You are just talking
Why do some people always believe someone else is always better than who we have?
Because it’s very easy to say “let’s make a change” without a real solution. Name the scenario and someone can tell you “it can be better”. Ask them how and you’ll hear crickets.

The fact is, winning FBS football games aint easy. This year sucked, and Shawn would probably be the first to admit it. It doesn’t even come close to meeting the standards of App State football. But we were a FG at Ga Southern, a 2 Pt conversion against UNC, a bad penalty call against JMU from being 9-3.

Sure those are excuses and someone will point to Troy, but it’s also the reality of the margins of college football. If it’s so easy to find a cheap replacement that’ll win all these games, let’s go do it. But I promise, it’s not.
You talk about the margins of college football, Clark coaches in a way that makes those margins even smaller. That’s the macro issue here. Teams dared App to throw the ball and beat them all year long. Instead, we beat our heads into the wall grinding our 3 YPC in many games this year. This program needs to be revamped from the top down. Not saying that *has* to include a change at head coach, but at least a change in philosophy.

Unread post by 8993 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:46 am

Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:

To be fair, you’ve been taking shots at everybody who you don’t agree with, which is also stirring the pot. This is an open forum where you’re free to do that, but just as you’re free to do that, anybody else is allowed to share their opinion or relevant information.

In all honesty, discussing what notable App figures are saying about this situation on social media or in other spaces is far from stirring the pot. That’s good stuff to know, as that means the bleed is external and we need to figure out how to address it internally. Once the team (this could be the actual team, the fanbase, the donors, whoever) lose faith in leadership, we’ve got major problems.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 am

8993 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:46 am
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

To be fair, you’ve been taking shots at everybody who you don’t agree with, which is also stirring the pot. This is an open forum where you’re free to do that, but just as you’re free to do that, anybody else is allowed to share their opinion or relevant information.

In all honesty, discussing what notable App figures are saying about this situation on social media or in other spaces is far from stirring the pot. That’s good stuff to know, as that means the bleed is external and we need to figure out how to address it internally. Once the team (this could be the actual team, the fanbase, the donors, whoever) lose faith in leadership, we’ve got major problems.
I’ve been taking shots at him
Mostly. Because all year he’s done nothing but trash the team and coaches. Go back and look if you don’t believe me. I read posts on here I don’t agree with but for the most part, the folks making them are backing up their positions. And to that I have no problems. But if your only theme is “we suck” “fire everyone” i got no time for it. If you can elaborate at all on that from an X’s and O’s standpoint which some on here do I like being educated. I’ve tried to take a somewhat optimistic approach overall when it comes to the current state of affairs but I know that’s not really a fashionable take these days

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”