NC State series in danger?

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: NC State series in danger?

Unread post by NewApp » Wed May 15, 2024 1:37 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am
If this comes to fruition, we should sue NC State. We have a signed contract and then they go and contract with another school to play on the same date, it is a classic breach and we should enforce our rights. I am really tired of watching all these chicken #$%$ schools finding ways to back out of their contractually guaranteed games with us and doing nothing about it. Still waiting for Wake to "reschedule" the covid cancellation. They wanted the full crowd so bad that they have now waited 4 years and still nothing is scheduled. It was a bs excuse then and we let them off the hook while they went and played someone else. Then there is the South Carolina cancellation of coming to Boone, but they will let us play more games in Columbia, just bs again. Not sure why we don't enforce our rights. I get the "play nice so people will play with you" game, but when everyone stops playing with you it is time to stop playing nice! This is just pure predictable garbage. A lot of people on here like to bash UNC, but at least they agreed to play us and honored their agreement even after we took the first game of the series. Say what you will, but they did something that evidently not many other P4 schools will do. And I am not a Tarheel fan btw, just giving credit where credit is do. This pisses me off so much.
They can buy us out and the contract could possibly be null and void. We've done it to other teams in the past ourselves.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

citroknight
School: UCF

Unread post by citroknight » Wed May 15, 2024 1:48 pm

t4pizza wrote:
If this comes to fruition, we should sue NC State. We have a signed contract and then they go and contract with another school to play on the same date, it is a classic breach and we should enforce our rights. I am really tired of watching all these chicken #$%$ schools finding ways to back out of their contractually guaranteed games with us and doing nothing about it. Still waiting for Wake to "reschedule" the covid cancellation. They wanted the full crowd so bad that they have now waited 4 years and still nothing is scheduled. It was a bs excuse then and we let them off the hook while they went and played someone else. Then there is the South Carolina cancellation of coming to Boone, but they will let us play more games in Columbia, just bs again. Not sure why we don't enforce our rights. I get the "play nice so people will play with you" game, but when everyone stops playing with you it is time to stop playing nice! This is just pure predictable garbage. A lot of people on here like to bash UNC, but at least they agreed to play us and honored their agreement even after we took the first game of the series. Say what you will, but they did something that evidently not many other P4 schools will do. And I am not a Tarheel fan btw, just giving credit where credit is do. This pisses me off so much.
They're likely protected to an extent because of the built in cancellation clauses and fees in these scheduling agreements. But if they try to weasel out of those, then you sue the pants off of them!

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm

citroknight wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:48 pm
t4pizza wrote:
They're likely protected to an extent because of the built in cancellation clauses and fees in these scheduling agreements. But if they try to weasel out of those, then you sue the pants off of them!
yes contract is a little ambiguous but they will owe us either 750k or 1.5MM to cancel the series.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed May 15, 2024 3:22 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm
citroknight wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
yes contract is a little ambiguous but they will owe us either 750k or 1.5MM to cancel the series.
Not trying to be a smart arse...but is this a fact or a guess??? The 750 or 1.5MM??

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:22 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 1:58 pm
citroknight wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Not trying to be a smart arse...but is this a fact or a guess??? The 750 or 1.5MM??
The contract stipulates that the cancelling party must pay $500k notice of intent within 36 months and 750k for a cancellation within 24 months. So IF, the series is being cancelled, then they owe us $1.25 million.

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Wed May 15, 2024 5:30 pm

mike87 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 pm
KentHogan wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm
Hopefully we keep the game, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they back out.

Unfortunately, they have nothing to gain by coming to Boone. Mac Brown deserves a ton of credit for playing us 3 times.

I love these type of games in Boone, but it’s actually move devastating to the opponent when we win at their place.
Mack doesn't deserve crap. They aren't an elite football school and should play in-state FBS schools on a regular basis.
Haha.

Well, he took the games, he wasn’t required to and I’m glad he did, it was a great experience for our fans and program.

I don’t care for Carolina either but they gave us a 3 game series, don’t mind giving them credit for it.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Wed May 15, 2024 8:57 pm

I love to hate the Tar Heels, but they showed up. 3 times.

Credit where it’s due.

Just another reason why the Wolfpack will always be UNC’s little brother. Pathetic.
YNWA

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Wed May 15, 2024 11:01 pm

That game's been "in danger" for a long time. There's a reason Clark made some public allusions to it despite the game never having actually been officially announced.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:16 am

It seems a bit odd to pay $750k to cancel a game in order to replace said game with a conference opponent as an OOC foe. Unless we just really wanted the $$, I feel like this could be a reschedule until we get the east tower built.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu May 16, 2024 7:08 am

With the coaches meeting is going on right now and the drama with FSU/Clem, conference realignment and decline of quality teams of MBB and CFB in the conference I bet the conference leadership is asking teams to do what they can to raise the image of the conference and not playing G5s in CFB is one of those things.

Now the really hard part to understand is that CFB is all about TV ratings and the last I checked UVA stinks at football so I can't imagine they get great ratings...this smells like an outside consultants suggestion

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:12 am

KentHogan wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 5:30 pm
mike87 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 pm
KentHogan wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm
Hopefully we keep the game, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they back out.

Unfortunately, they have nothing to gain by coming to Boone. Mac Brown deserves a ton of credit for playing us 3 times.

I love these type of games in Boone, but it’s actually move devastating to the opponent when we win at their place.
Mack doesn't deserve crap. They aren't an elite football school and should play in-state FBS schools on a regular basis.
Haha.

Well, he took the games, he wasn’t required to and I’m glad he did, it was a great experience for our fans and program.

I don’t care for Carolina either but they gave us a 3 game series, don’t mind giving them credit for it.
Point. But I can't call it 'credit' when all you do is what you are supposed to do.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:52 am

We would make more than $750khaving that game on the schedule coupled with ancillary increases in the season package.

Typical elite not wanting to play by any rules outside those they can dictate.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:08 am

The ACC is all up in arms because they don't have money to compete, yet they're shelling out $750k or more not to compete. Hmmm?

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Thu May 16, 2024 9:30 am

what a bunch of babies. They've been dodging app for almost 20 years. They're non-conference schedule has been a joke under Doren so it's not shocking they'd back out of this one. Thankfully, we're not the only program in the state that's going to get left behind. They won't get an invite to the P2.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:35 am

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:30 am
what a bunch of babies. They've been dodging app for almost 20 years. They're non-conference schedule has been a joke under Doren so it's not shocking they'd back out of this one. Thankfully, we're not the only program in the state that's going to get left behind. They won't get an invite to the P2.
His son just graduated from App, you'd think he would throw his son's alma mater a bone.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu May 16, 2024 10:00 am

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 9:35 am
His son just graduated from App, you'd think he would throw his son's alma mater a bone.
Then he knows first hand how tough we are. He also doesn’t want to hear how we whooped that ass for the rest of his born days.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu May 16, 2024 11:02 am

For a long time there was no upside to NCSU playing App...they weren't good enough to sacrifice a potential win in the hunt for bowl eligibility...also the optics of a loss when they weren't that great would not have been good for Doren.

Now that they've improved some and we aren't what we were in 2019 I think it's a safer game for them.

It's also what the fans for both schools want! For God's sake give the people what they want!

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Thu May 16, 2024 11:09 am

So, who comes to Boone next year Sept 6 2025? Some names out there floating around.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Thu May 16, 2024 11:16 am

Bigger question is, does this become a trend?

Do some of these Big Ten schools like Penn State and Ohio State who are no longer paired to meet every year now say, let's kick Akron and Miami (OH) to the curb on the years we aren't scheduled as conference foes, and call it an OOC game? Could be the difference in whether either would be selected as an at-large big come playoff time. A close loss to Ohio State would be more meaningful for Penn State than beating Akron by 40 points in September.

Also, I'm sure the t.v. contracts that are paying huge money might give some input to this option as well.

Forgive me if this isn't the first of this type of thing and if it's already a trend. Too lazy to research to be honest.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu May 16, 2024 11:16 am

Playing UConn and Charleston Southern adds less value..play a good team, like App. St., and get your SOS to am adequate level.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”