NC State series in danger?

T-Dog

NC State series in danger?

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed May 15, 2024 9:34 am

NC State and Virginia have scheduled a non-conference home-and-home football series in 2025 and 2026, both seasons in which they don't meet in ACC play:

- Sept. 6, 2025 in Raleigh, NC
- TBA 2026 in Charlottesville, VA

That Sept. 6, 2025 date was supposed to be when the Pack traveled to App State.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/nc-state/

Also, that 2026 return date isn't looking so hot either due to NC State already having a full slate there too.

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

Re: NC State series in danger?

Unread post by biggie » Wed May 15, 2024 9:46 am

ACC team backing out of our game... no way

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:47 am

Looks like the were finally able to weasel out of playing us. They have been looking for a way out since before the ink was dry.

Edit: There may be some moving parts behind this. Stay tuned.
Last edited by AppSt94 on Wed May 15, 2024 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed May 15, 2024 9:50 am

Assume that may stick us with having to fill with FCS home game in '25 as well.

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Wed May 15, 2024 9:57 am

typical ncsu tactic

10key2011

Unread post by 10key2011 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:15 am

Cowards! I work with someone that went to App but is loyal to NC State. He had plenty to say about Mack not wanting to play App again. Curious to hear how he will justify State backing out.

97APP

Unread post by 97APP » Wed May 15, 2024 10:23 am

What a Chicken **** move. Probably will be announced as a postponement that never actually happens (see South Carolina playing in Boone) - I hope they lose every game by 100+ and never beat UNC again (and I hate UNC).
Today I Give My All for Appalachian State

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:26 am

Let’s see how this plays out. I had the same initial thoughts but upon thought and some information, this may not be a cancellation, rather it may be an adjustment that was precipitated by some other events.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Wed May 15, 2024 11:17 am

Even if it's not an outright cancelation, postponing an in-state game less than 2 years out is a clown move. And App already has an FCS on the schedule

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am

If this comes to fruition, we should sue NC State. We have a signed contract and then they go and contract with another school to play on the same date, it is a classic breach and we should enforce our rights. I am really tired of watching all these chicken #$%$ schools finding ways to back out of their contractually guaranteed games with us and doing nothing about it. Still waiting for Wake to "reschedule" the covid cancellation. They wanted the full crowd so bad that they have now waited 4 years and still nothing is scheduled. It was a bs excuse then and we let them off the hook while they went and played someone else. Then there is the South Carolina cancellation of coming to Boone, but they will let us play more games in Columbia, just bs again. Not sure why we don't enforce our rights. I get the "play nice so people will play with you" game, but when everyone stops playing with you it is time to stop playing nice! This is just pure predictable garbage. A lot of people on here like to bash UNC, but at least they agreed to play us and honored their agreement even after we took the first game of the series. Say what you will, but they did something that evidently not many other P4 schools will do. And I am not a Tarheel fan btw, just giving credit where credit is do. This pisses me off so much.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:30 am

Call the folks in Raleigh and make the intrastate sports bill happen!!!

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:32 am

t4pizza wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am
If this comes to fruition, we should sue NC State. We have a signed contract and then they go and contract with another school to play on the same date, it is a classic breach and we should enforce our rights. I am really tired of watching all these chicken #$%$ schools finding ways to back out of their contractually guaranteed games with us and doing nothing about it. Still waiting for Wake to "reschedule" the covid cancellation. They wanted the full crowd so bad that they have now waited 4 years and still nothing is scheduled. It was a bs excuse then and we let them off the hook while they went and played someone else. Then there is the South Carolina cancellation of coming to Boone, but they will let us play more games in Columbia, just bs again. Not sure why we don't enforce our rights. I get the "play nice so people will play with you" game, but when everyone stops playing with you it is time to stop playing nice! This is just pure predictable garbage. A lot of people on here like to bash UNC, but at least they agreed to play us and honored their agreement even after we took the first game of the series. Say what you will, but they did something that evidently not many other P4 schools will do. And I am not a Tarheel fan btw, just giving credit where credit is do. This pisses me off so much.
Mack Brown deserves credit for that I think as well. If it was another coach, I wonder if they would have played in 2022 after losing in 2019.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:49 am

T-Dog wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:17 am
Even if it's not an outright cancelation, postponing an in-state game less than 2 years out is a clown move. And App already has an FCS on the schedule
Sure. I get that. But what if this is a situation that is beneficial to App and possibly broached by App? We already have two other OOC games at home and a third in Charlotte. If we could somehow pull off a H/H with another school where we are on the road in 2025, that creates two future home dates, (a rescheduled State and the back end of a H/H). Like I said, let’s see how it plays out before we jump to conclusions.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 15, 2024 11:53 am

t4pizza wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:26 am
These type of announcements don’t happen until all “i’s” are dotted and “t’s” are crossed.

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm

Hopefully we keep the game, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they back out.

Unfortunately, they have nothing to gain by coming to Boone. Mac Brown deserves a ton of credit for playing us 3 times.

I love these type of games in Boone, but it’s actually move devastating to the opponent when we win at their place.

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm

Chicken shit move

GO APPS!!

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:16 pm

KentHogan wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:10 pm
Hopefully we keep the game, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they back out.

Unfortunately, they have nothing to gain by coming to Boone. Mac Brown deserves a ton of credit for playing us 3 times.

I love these type of games in Boone, but it’s actually move devastating to the opponent when we win at their place.
Mack doesn't deserve crap. They aren't an elite football school and should play in-state FBS schools on a regular basis.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Wed May 15, 2024 12:22 pm

F NC Chicken S*&T State
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed May 15, 2024 12:46 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:49 am
T-Dog wrote:
Sure. I get that. But what if this is a situation that is beneficial to App and possibly broached by App? We already have two other OOC games at home and a third in Charlotte. If we could somehow pull off a H/H with another school where we are on the road in 2025, that creates two future home dates, (a rescheduled State and the back end of a H/H). Like I said, let’s see how it plays out before we jump to conclusions.
no silver lining here. Just let them pay the buyout fee and move on. Kicking the can down the road they are only going to renegotiate again and leave us hanging.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:00 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 12:46 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 11:49 am
T-Dog wrote:
no silver lining here. Just let them pay the buyout fee and move on. Kicking the can down the road they are only going to renegotiate again and leave us hanging.
That could very well be the case. Could be something else as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”