MrCraig wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:35 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:26 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:01 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:59 pm
Troy was the better team and bitch slapped us today. Can't that simply be the truth?
No, you have to use this as a reason to crap on who or whatever you specifically don’t like about App State football /sarcasm/
So we can’t discuss App State football on a message board that really only has one real purpose, discussing App State football.
You can discuss App all you want here. But you, Pikapp and Appstate69 don’t discuss. You lay dormant until something goes wrong so you can jump up, beat your chest, and say you were right- the coaching staff sucks. And none of you come with any facts. Y’all just say stuff like “this isn’t acceptable”
Forgot on a message board I need to be publishing peer reviewed papers with sources. I’m so sorry Mr football professor please forgive me.
You don’t. But you don’t bring anything at all. You just troll. It’s insufferable.

Pikapp79
School: Appalachian State

Re: SBC Championship Game at Troy discussion

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:39 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Troy was the better team and bitch slapped us today. Can't that simply be the truth?
No, you have to use this as a reason to crap on who or whatever you specifically don’t like about App State football /sarcasm/
So we can’t discuss App State football on a message board that really only has one real purpose, discussing App State football.
You can discuss App all you want here. But you, Pikapp and yosef69 don’t discuss. You lay dormant until something goes wrong so you can jump up, beat your chest, and say you were right- the coaching staff sucks. And none of you come with any facts. Y’all just say stuff like “this isn’t acceptable”
Never said they sucked. Just not what we are used too.

asu1988

Unread post by asu1988 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:41 pm

I felt like we were good enough to win. However, we were outplayed, out-physicaled, outexecuted, and outcoached. It was frustrating to see the almost three straight plays where the defense did not get the play in. And, kudos to Troy. They're well-coached, and the Vidal kid is unbelievable.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:41 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:38 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:36 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:

You can discuss App all you want here. But you, Pikapp and Appstate69 don’t discuss. You lay dormant until something goes wrong so you can jump up, beat your chest, and say you were right- the coaching staff sucks. And none of you come with any facts. Y’all just say stuff like “this isn’t acceptable”
Forgot on a message board I need to be publishing peer reviewed papers with sources. I’m so sorry Mr football professor please forgive me.
You don’t. But you don’t bring anything at all. You just troll. It’s insufferable.
And you troll, in the reverse way I do. It’s a message board. Don’t want to read it, don’t.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:42 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mjohn1988 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
The only thing I have said on this thread is that the coaches are responsible for recruiting and that we need to get bigger and stronger on both lines. I actually started one of my comments by saying I don’t want to get into the fire the coaches thing. I’m actually impressed with our mid season changes but there is no way around holding the coaches responsible for the players we recruit and sign through the portal. I also said we have a chance to be really good in 24 if we get the size and strength we need on the lines. It’s just really not much of a discussion if all we can say is Troy was better than us.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:45 pm

asu1988 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:41 pm
I felt like we were good enough to win. However, we were outplayed, out-physicaled, outexecuted, and outcoached. It was frustrating to see the almost three straight plays where the defense did not get the play in. And, kudos to Troy. They're well-coached, and the Vidal kid is unbelievable.
He’s not better than the RB from Gardner Webb, though ;)
Give 'em hell!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:54 pm

asu1988 wrote:
I could be a top running back behind their line. It's their line that maginfies good talent.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:02 pm

Troy was the better team, Troy coaches were the better coaches. We did nothing to offset the difference. I don't remember any misdirection plays. Many times I was screaming at the TV for JA to keep it and run a reverse. We tried to play them straight up and they had the better lines, that was obvious by the 2nd quarter. At some point you have to try some trickery and we didnt.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:03 pm

We got beat. Take it on the chin, remember it for the bowl game and for next year and prove a point. They were better today. Make it end there.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:10 pm

Maybe Troy will lose their coach just like JMU.

appstate5

Unread post by appstate5 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:13 pm

Hats off to Troy....their OL and RB's were really good. I kept asking myself, why are they throwing the ball?
Hit the portal coaches, get us some beef on the lines.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:34 pm

We seem to be calling plays like we were playing some top 10 P5 in a money game. As was mentioned above, no misdirection plays, no running by JA, defense confused half the time, allowed too many long third down conversion plays. Played scared

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:54 pm

asu1988 wrote:
We were good enough to win However. We did not execute today.
1. We had one penalty against GaSo and were Top 20 in penalties committed coming into the game. Today we had 8 penalties
2. We lost the turnover battle
3. Joey had some running opportunities that he didn’t take
4. We jumped offside on a critical 4th and 1 and punted sending a gassed defense out on the field
5. A lot had to do with the Troy defense, but our offense was out of rhythm today.
6. I don’t blame games on refs, but you have to flag a coach running out to the numbers (although they missed the face mask), the targeting on Joey’s run to the goal line and the late hit out of bounds on Robinson, plus they missed a key spot or two.

It was 21-17 and then we ran out of gas

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 pm

Great season App players and coaches....very proud of you guys and hope we get better in the off season. I think we will blow out anyone we play in the bowl. I think we are pretty good but Troy is good and the weather was really bad for us. It is harder to tackle a good run team in the rain and it is harder for a passing team to execute. That being said I knew we were in for a hand full today against a very good Troy team.

That being said....I hate the offense we run. We line up and try to over power the other team. That is not a great way to play football unless you can dominate all other schools. It has amazed me how good we pass block but cannot run block. I believe it is because of a really bad offensive scheme. I am an armchair coach and know nothing but I know when we have been successful we had quarterbacks that could run for 100 yards a game. I want that back. We are too predictable. It seems we went to an NFL type offense instead of a college type offense. Anyway....on to the bowl. I hope we get the cure bowl and I hope we get a ranked Liberty.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:18 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:13 pm
Hats off to Troy....their OL and RB's were really good. I kept asking myself, why are they throwing the ball?
Hit the portal coaches, get us some beef on the lines.
People talk about their OL but their defensive front was really good as well. They got some serious talent on both sides of the ball.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:29 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:02 pm
I get that it is great that we went on a 5 game win streak.

We still only won 8 games and got completely obliterated to end it.

It’s not all death and destruction but it’s also not all puppies and rainbows either.

Next year it’s put up or shut up time, and everyone knows it.
Yes sir! That’s where we’re at. Some say 2024 is our time but I just don’t see it.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 pm
Great season App players and coaches....very proud of you guys and hope we get better in the off season. I think we will blow out anyone we play in the bowl. I think we are pretty good but Troy is good and the weather was really bad for us. It is harder to tackle a good run team in the rain and it is harder for a passing team to execute. That being said I knew we were in for a hand full today against a very good Troy team.

That being said....I hate the offense we run. We line up and try to over power the other team. That is not a great way to play football unless you can dominate all other schools. It has amazed me how good we pass block but cannot run block. I believe it is because of a really bad offensive scheme. I am an armchair coach and know nothing but I know when we have been successful we had quarterbacks that could run for 100 yards a game. I want that back. We are too predictable. It seems we went to an NFL type offense instead of a college type offense. Anyway....on to the bowl. I hope we get the cure bowl and I hope we get a ranked Liberty.
We don’t want Liberty.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:18 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:29 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:02 pm
I get that it is great that we went on a 5 game win streak.

We still only won 8 games and got completely obliterated to end it.

It’s not all death and destruction but it’s also not all puppies and rainbows either.

Next year it’s put up or shut up time, and everyone knows it.
Yes sir! That’s where we’re at. Some say 2024 is our time but I just don’t see it.
I would agree with that and remember that Everts wants Shawn out. He is going to need to improve on this year or else she probably pulls the trigger.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:19 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:06 pm

We don’t want Liberty.
Agree. I think they would beat us by 2 TDs.

appvette

Unread post by appvette » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:22 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:13 pm
Seems like our d ran out of gas pretty early, which tells me we’re still thin there. Not really a surprise given how young we are in places. We’ve got some holes to fill, and will probably have more with the portal. Overall I thought we were better than the score indicated, but make no mistake, we were easily beaten. Their lines were better in every way.

That said, in the last championship game, we were never in it from moment 1. This game was different, we were good enough to win, but had to be perfect, which we weren’t. I think it’s possible to get better in the offseason, but our staff has to be better. I’m not 100% sold they can get us there, but I’m more sold today than I was 6 weeks ago.
Well said Beau!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”