Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Next year starters??

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Next year starters??

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:25 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:44 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:47 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:17 am
Good breakdown on the O line. We have to feel good about those prospects. Losing Parker on D will sting but we seem to have a good grasp on linebacker development. Overall how many current starters will graduate? We seem to be doing pretty well with finding that 2-3 or so players who come in for the one year of graduate status.
On offense: Daley, Bucky, Helms and Gibbs graduate. I think that Helms has another year available if he wants. There are a couple of things that I am aware of that factor in on both sides so I don’t know which way he is leaning.

Defense: Parker and Funderburke are done. Ross, like Helms, has another year if he desires.

There are some guys classified as Juniors that could be done as well.
Do you think EJ Jackson will decide to use his extra year? A month ago, the answer would have been no probably.
That’s tricky. It’s a decision that requires a mutual desire. We have to offer that option to him as much as he may want it. I agree with you about how things have changed the last month.

We are up against some pretty tight numbers for next year. Clark mentioned in the press conference that we are honoring 25 Seniors this weekend. I believe only 13 of them actually have exhausted their eligibility. So that’s around 12 that could come back if a) we want them too and b) if they want too. Your 2023 recruiting class has 20 commits. That math doesn’t math to keep all 12. I know of 1 that is planning to come back. I’m not saying who because situations can change.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:21 pm

Interesting I only see 12 guys classified as seniors on the website roster. That includes seniors and redshirt seniors as well.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:21 pm
Interesting I only see 12 guys classified as seniors on the website roster. That includes seniors and redshirt seniors as well.
I was speaking from an IIRC but yes. There are 6 Super Seniors (Gibbs isn’t on scholarship) 5 seniors. 9 RS Juniors. That’s 20. I know that there are some “Juniors” that have graduated or will in December. That might be the 25. Not all are on scholarships.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:02 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:52 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:21 pm
I was speaking from an IIRC but yes. There are 6 Super Seniors (Gibbs isn’t on scholarship) 5 seniors. 9 RS Juniors. That’s 20. I know that there are some “Juniors” that have graduated or will in December. That might be the 25. Not all are on scholarships.
Figured the 25 must include RS Juniors. Hopefully it works out for any key players to return. I suspect that they would have to apply for and get accepted to graduate school.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”