Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:42 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:40 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:28 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:19 pm
After ODU I think DG had a prayer meeting with Sloan and Clark. These are big boys who know the drill. I was resigned to the fact both had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. The foot is outta the grave for this season
Not trying to start anything, but an honest question: You "think DG had a prayer meeting....". Do you have a basis for saying that or is this just something you believe?
“Think” = “believe”😀
Yes, I know. So you're saying there's no factual basis underlying the statement. Just a belief that you formed.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:48 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:42 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
After ODU I think DG had a prayer meeting with Sloan and Clark. These are big boys who know the drill. I was resigned to the fact both had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel. The foot is outta the grave for this season
Not trying to start anything, but an honest question: You "think DG had a prayer meeting....". Do you have a basis for saying that or is this just something you believe?
“Think” = “believe”😀
Yes, I know. So you're saying there's no factual basis underlying the statement. Just a belief that you formed.
I would “think” the basis for this is that DG is Shawn’s boss and they have regular meetings and the discussion is much different when performance is negative. I would also “think” the same thing happens with Shawn and his staff. It’s kinda how it works.
WE ARE YOSEF!

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:04 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:48 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
“Think” = “believe”😀
I would “think” the basis for this is that DG is Shawn’s boss and they have regular meetings and the discussion is much different when performance is negative. I would also “think” the same thing happens with Shawn and his staff. It’s kinda how it works.
And Me and my boss🤣🤣
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:12 pm

ASUPATCH wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:27 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:07 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:04 pm
let's see if we can win the Shawn/Sean Bowl before we get ideas about JMU, they are head and shoulders above the East this year.
You do know that both Clark and Elliott spell their name "Shawn" right?

Sean Elliott was a hell of a guard for the Spurs 20ish years ago.
I told someone else, neither are on my Christmas card list.

If it’s all the same to you and makes a damn about as much as Sean Elliott of
The Spurs actually being one hell of a “small forward” and not a “guard”
BLACK SATURDAY

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:30 pm
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:14 pm
Just looked and statistically JA and McLeod have virtually the same numbers. I don't like when the media plays up position versus position comparisons for games but next week should be a good one.
Actually, Joey is doing it with an offense that has been handcuffed in many games and a defense that has sputtered.
When we let Joey play.... App and JA is almost unstoppable
I like you PhillyApp1 --- But no one is handcuffed or was.

The offense has been steady all year - New OC with new kids and back up QB --- JA is a bit of a wild horse at times he needed some training and wasn't ready to be let loose yet. Noel didn't play for 2 games, new QB and Freshman Roberts started in 2 losses PLUS miller Gibbs missed games.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:54 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Just looked and statistically JA and McLeod have virtually the same numbers. I don't like when the media plays up position versus position comparisons for games but next week should be a good one.
Actually, Joey is doing it with an offense that has been handcuffed in many games and a defense that has sputtered.

The offense has been steady all year - New OC with new kids and back up QB --- JA is a bit of a wild horse at times he needed some training and wasn't ready to be let loose yet. Noel didn't play for 2 games, new QB and Freshman Roberts started in 2 losses PLUS miller Gibbs missed games.
Yeah we have had turnovers at some bad times but offense has never been bad. Just inconsistent at times but never bad for an entire game. Roberts is really good and even when Noel is healthy I think Roberts needs to get serious carries. Castle is very good for short yardage situations. We got a good RB room.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:28 pm

There have been adjustments as season progressed. Over the past 3 or 4 games, the 50/50 ball down sidelines that was not working, has gone away. We are working the middle of the field, not only on short throws but further down the field. I like it as it is pretty apparent our OL is not consistently opening running lanes when playing against decent defenses.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:46 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
“Think” = “believe”😀
I would "think" that is how a supervisory role works, but i also "think" the statement implies something beyond the norm. I also don't "think" that, in the absence of specific knowledge, the statement really has any value.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:56 pm

Ok, Ok….”think”=“believe”= WAG🤬

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:01 pm

"I "think", therefore, I "am"."

--William Shatner

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:46 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

“Think” = “believe”😀
I would "think" that is how a supervisory role works, but i also "think" the statement implies something beyond the norm. I also don't "think" that, in the absence of specific knowledge, the statement really has any value.
And you are free to “think” the statement has no value…..or does it?

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:47 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:
Rekdiver wrote:

“Think” = “believe”😀
DG doesn't have in season "prayer meetings" about a coaching strategy or a teams play.

Of course #TeamClark and his staff have weekly And daily meetings. This staff is much tighter under Sloan as DC than when Sofield son in law aka Dale Jones was in charge.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:37 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm
PhillyApp1 wrote:
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:

How about handcuffed by the playback and development 😀

JMU has been full throttle from the 3-4 games I have looked into.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:04 am

Boise State fired their coach after they blew out New Mexico State. However, they didn't win a single out-of-conference game against a D1 opponent; however, they are currently still in the hunt for a MWC championship.

Now, it really looks like App has turned a corner. A win, or even just a competitive showing, against JMU will prove that. So, I think Clark deserves to have his seat cooled a good bit. However, the fact that there was plenty of talk of him being fired when App had a losing record isn't crazy. Boise State has a winning tradition just like App, and they don't allow expectations to be lowered.

By achieving bowl eligibility, I think Clark has earned himself another year. However, his margin of error is even slimmer than it was at the beginning of this year.

ASU843

Unread post by ASU843 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:34 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:04 am
Boise State fired their coach after they blew out New Mexico State. However, they didn't win a single out-of-conference game against a D1 opponent; however, they are currently still in the hunt for a MWC championship.

Now, it really looks like App has turned a corner. A win, or even just a competitive showing, against JMU will prove that. So, I think Clark deserves to have his seat cooled a good bit. However, the fact that there was plenty of talk of him being fired when App had a losing record isn't crazy. Boise State has a winning tradition just like App, and they don't allow expectations to be lowered.

By achieving bowl eligibility, I think Clark has earned himself another year. However, his margin of error is even slimmer than it was at the beginning of this year.
I am hopeful that this team finishes strong. The bowl game means nothing imho if we don't get a winning record (FBS only) We are 5-4 in my mind. We have three games left. Going
3-0 or maybe 2-1 would be worthy of another year. Again my opinion.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:30 am

There will be revisionist history by some, but step back and look at how the season progressed and what expectations on this board were.

Pre-season, 8-4 was a mark 99% agreed would be viewed as a success. Post ULM, 7-5 was acceptable to most as well, some with the caveat of a bowl win to get to 8-5.

Going into the CCU and ODU game those looked like "must wins" based upon the last four games with Marshall and GA St. looking very strong. Post ODU that was a definite concern.

Fast forward Marshall and GA St. peaked early and hindsight are much worse than CCU (ODU still stings, as does the first quarter of CCU).

Pre CCU, 6-4 is where many thought we would be at this point, just opposite wins and loses those four games.

Despite what a couple of posters would like to believe the vast majority here have never stopped pulling for Clark, the staff, and the players and have always wished them success.

The brightest spot on the season and from this staff to me was the willingness to adjust to the personnel available. Last year the most frustrating part of the season was the stubbornness of pretending we had the App State lines of 2017-2020. Kudos to Clark, Sloan, Ponce, etc. was the mid-season adjustments.

Finish strong.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:52 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:30 am
There will be revisionist history by some, but step back and look at how the season progressed and what expectations on this board were.

Pre-season, 8-4 was a mark 99% agreed would be viewed as a success. Post ULM, 7-5 was acceptable to most as well, some with the caveat of a bowl win to get to 8-5.

Going into the CCU and ODU game those looked like "must wins" based upon the last four games with Marshall and GA St. looking very strong. Post ODU that was a definite concern.

Fast forward Marshall and GA St. peaked early and hindsight are much worse than CCU (ODU still stings, as does the first quarter of CCU).

Pre CCU, 6-4 is where many thought we would be at this point, just opposite wins and loses those four games.

Despite what a couple of posters would like to believe the vast majority here have never stopped pulling for Clark, the staff, and the players and have always wished them success.

The brightest spot on the season and from this staff to me was the willingness to adjust to the personnel available. Last year the most frustrating part of the season was the stubbornness of pretending we had the App State lines of 2017-2020. Kudos to Clark, Sloan, Ponce, etc. was the mid-season adjustments.

Finish strong.
100%. We absolutely have to finish strong though because I believe if we lose these last 2 games that Everts will still push for a change. If we beat JMU and GSU then she can't do anything without a lot of heat. You have to credit Sloan for the changes.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:56 am

Let's Go Team Clark

Beat JMU

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:07 am

Standards / Expectations for App football have never been in danger of revision. That's a false argument. The difference of opinion came in regarding how long it might take and what changes were justified or necessary right now.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:36 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:47 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm
Yosef84 wrote:
goapps93 wrote:
Yosef84 wrote:

DG doesn't have in season "prayer meetings" about a coaching strategy or a teams play.

Of course #TeamClark and his staff have weekly And daily meetings. This staff is much tighter under Sloan as DC than when Sofield son in law aka Dale Jones was in charge.
You know for sure that DG and Clark havent met to discuss the season so far?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”