Moving on to Georgia State (A) 11 Nov 2023 at 2 PM

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Moving on to Georgia State (A) 11 Nov 2023 at 2 PM

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:07 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:45 am
Just out of curiosity let's say we run the table and Texas State beats Coastal is there any way we host the Belt Championship? If those 2 things happen we win the East but how can we host if the West Champ has 2 losses as well?
I believe that is what it would take. We have to win out and Coastal loses to Texas State. I want to get our first win over a team with a winning record next weekend before I think about that though. Georgia State is beatable if we play like we did against Marshall.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:18 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:36 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:46 am
Bootsy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:04 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:40 pm
t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 pm
We turned the corner, we win this one with ease. Changes have been made on both offense and defense and this team believes. You could see them on the sidelines before kickoff, they were ready. This team wins next week.
Agreed. This team looks different. Frustrating thing is that if we looked like this all year we are 8-1 or better. I said time and time again it’s coaching and not talent that was issue. Coaches have made a lot of changes which proves the point we could have done better. I think we can beat GSU for sure.
When you’re losing close games, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and completely change everything. You make it sound like App got blown out in every loss this season.

Sloan changed the defensive scheme and it’s working. Other than that, credit the players for being coachable, correcting mistakes and not giving up. It’s a process.
Worse statement on this board in bold above --- just awful -

How bout don't fumble vs Coastal, how bout block for FG at Wyoming, how bout hand the ball off at ODU on 2 and 6 and don't fumble. 3 player mistakes had nothing to do with schemes or coaching.

All of ya'll OVERREACT so bad to now you are going the other way with after a win, we are the greatest, talent is awesome=🙄
You OVERREACT after a one point loss, fire Clark, coaches suck=🙄

That's why ya''ll won't be flag football coaching champs, if you stick to the plan and make subtle changes, good things happen you stick to the plan and get healthy (Noel and Gibbs), you stick to the plan and momentum swings.

September schedule (2 straight seasons of it) took a load out of this squad,(the '22 Chase Brice team just folded)
they have went through the mud now coming back out better! high character people in the football program to stay the course and not read all the hate or the rumors floating.

If #TeamClark was a stock you better buy it now. (stole that from Dabo after he beat Notre Dame yesterday😎)
The amount of wrong you type is really impressive. The only one I’ll point out is that App’s September schedule this year wasn’t that hard. It seemed that way at the beginning of the year, but now we know GW is just an ok FCS team, ECU and ULM are garbage, and UNC is massively overrated.

EDIT TO ADD: App’s strength of schedule so far is 114 out of 133 teams. Texas State is the only Sun Belt school with an easier schedule. To me, 5-4 against a schedule that easy is enough to be disappointed in this season no matter what happens the next 3 games.
I would dominate a debate stage with you.

My comments have ZERO to do with strength of schedule and that garbage, my comments on September 2022 and 2023 schedule was and is all about the placement of games and the travel it incurred. I have stated this multiple times.

Unless you have been with a team on travel or daily routine you have ZERO idea. Has nothing to do with who played, it's all about when Doug placed the games.

Took a toll on the kids in uniform.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:24 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:18 am
MrCraig wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

Agreed. This team looks different. Frustrating thing is that if we looked like this all year we are 8-1 or better. I said time and time again it’s coaching and not talent that was issue. Coaches have made a lot of changes which proves the point we could have done better. I think we can beat GSU for sure.
When you’re losing close games, you don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and completely change everything. You make it sound like App got blown out in every loss this season.

Sloan changed the defensive scheme and it’s working. Other than that, credit the players for being coachable, correcting mistakes and not giving up. It’s a process.

How bout don't fumble vs Coastal, how bout block for FG at Wyoming, how bout hand the ball off at ODU on 2 and 6 and don't fumble. 3 player mistakes had nothing to do with schemes or coaching.

All of ya'll OVERREACT so bad to now you are going the other way with after a win, we are the greatest, talent is awesome=🙄

That's why ya''ll won't be flag football coaching champs, if you stick to the plan and make subtle changes, good things happen you stick to the plan and get healthy (Noel and Gibbs), you stick to the plan and momentum swings.

September schedule (2 straight seasons of it) took a load out of this squad,(the '22 Chase Brice team just folded)
they have went through the mud now coming back out better! high character people in the football program to stay the course and not read all the hate or the rumors floating.

If #TeamClark was a stock you better buy it now. (stole that from Dabo after he beat Notre Dame yesterday😎)
The amount of wrong you type is really impressive. The only one I’ll point out is that App’s September schedule this year wasn’t that hard. It seemed that way at the beginning of the year, but now we know GW is just an ok FCS team, ECU and ULM are garbage, and UNC is massively overrated.

EDIT TO ADD: App’s strength of schedule so far is 114 out of 133 teams. Texas State is the only Sun Belt school with an easier schedule. To me, 5-4 against a schedule that easy is enough to be disappointed in this season no matter what happens the next 3 games.

My comments have ZERO to do with strength of schedule and that garbage, my comments on September 2022 and 2023 schedule was and is all about the placement of games and the travel it incurred. I have stated this multiple times.

Unless you have been with a team on travel or daily routine you have ZERO idea. Has nothing to do with who played, it's all about when Doug placed the games.

So you are part of the program and travel with them and experience the daily routine?

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:10 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

GW- home
UNC- 2.5 hours away
ECU- home
Wyoming- a long way away, I’ll give you that
ULM- 11.5 hours by car. I’d assume maybe 3-4 by plane?

The only game with travel as an excuse is Wyoming. That’s also the only loss this season that really doesn’t bother me because it was such a weird, flukey way to lose, and Wyoming is legitimately a solid team. What does any of that travel have to do with losing to Coastal at home and ODU on the road with EXTRA time to rest and prepare?

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:14 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:10 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Bootsy wrote:

GW- home
UNC- 2.5 hours away
ECU- home

The only game with travel as an excuse is Wyoming. That’s also the only loss this season that really doesn’t bother me because it was such a weird, flukey way to lose, and Wyoming is legitimately a solid team. What does any of that travel have to do with losing to Coastal at home and ODU on the road with EXTRA time to rest and prepare?
Now do the return flights and time landed and time driving back up to Boone from each...... see my point.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:23 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:25 am
Noticed Burger was not dressed last night (he was in street clothes and a jersey). I’m assuming “the injury has ended his season” so he can possibly qualify for a medical redshirt?

Unrelated to that, I was glad to see the team eliminate some of the various mistakes that have been made over the course of the last 6 weeks. The defense looked to be taking better angles to the ball, and were making tackles that we’ve missed. The d-line got pressure they haven’t been getting. The secondary made some good plays and seemed to be out of position much less than earlier in the season, which isn’t surprising - we all know Sloan is a good to great secondary coach and would get that turned around eventually. One game doesn’t mean the work is done, but it is trending in a better direction than it was 3 weeks ago.

I still hate the feeling that we’re “hoping” for 1 more win to get bowl eligible. We honestly should already be there, except for some bad mistakes or fluke plays. But the path is there, we just have to take it. I’d really like to see us finish at 7-5, or god willing, 8-4. I think we can beat GaSt, and have a 50/50 chance against GaSo if we can continue to straighten out the secondary. The only thing that gives me hope against JMU is the fact that Clark seems to really do well in “big games”. Not sure why, but historically his teams have played up to those games.
As to DBs, as I listened to the postgame leaving Boone, it was noted that the DBs played more zone tonight and less man. They seemed to think that was a difference especially in the run game.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 05, 2023 2:12 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:14 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:10 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

GW- home
UNC- 2.5 hours away
ECU- home

Now do the return flights and time landed and time driving back up to Boone from each...... see my point.
No, I don’t see your point. How does getting home a little late Sunday evening make you play horribly against one of the worst teams in FBS a week later? College teams travel long distances every week, and you never hear anyone but you say that the travel is why a team performs poorly. I mean, high school kids get up a 6 AM, go to class all day, then ride a cheese wagon 2-3 hours away and still manage to play decent football games.
It’s just you grasping at straws to find some excuse as to why App State looked like garbage from September 23rd until October 28th.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:07 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:03 pm
We turned the corner, we win this one with ease. Changes have been made on both offense and defense and this team believes. You could see them on the sidelines before kickoff, they were ready. This team wins next week.

the coaches and players changed what they were doing..... its obvious
We support the change of both

this change was not a part of the plan
a coaches hot seat caused the change :D

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:29 pm

APP

Ga State -2
BLACK SATURDAY

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:37 pm

It might be as simple as SS figuring out how to best use the talent available and implementing it.We will see if we are trending up Saturday .

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:56 pm

Not too excited about yesterday’s win. We beat a pretty bad team at home.
Next 3 will tell the real story of this season.
Hope it has a good ending.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:29 pm

We are going to beat GState.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:34 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

not to nitpick but Doug develops the schedule with the head coach

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:47 pm

At -3 currently.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:59 am

Coach Elliott's pretty hot after JMU, hopefully he'll be even hotter after we leave Atlanta.

Georgia State’s Shawn Elliott sounds off after JMU loss

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:07 am

I like his honesty so to speak. What you see is what you get, doesn't sugar coat anything. I don't know, there's something about him that reminds me of me.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:31 am

SE was fired slap up after their latest loss. We are gonna get the best they have had all season Saturday. Dont count this one as easy.

TomA415

Unread post by TomA415 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:37 am

Why are people saying coastal has to lose to Texas state? If we win out and Coastal loses to JMU on 11/25 I’m pretty sure we’d be in the SB championship game with 2 losses because coastal would have 3. I don’t think coastal has to lose to Texas state in that instance unless I’m missing something

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:46 am

A Coastal loss to JMU would do the trick, but if we lose to JMU they would have the tie-breaker, so a loss this weekend would be best. Plus, I'd rather they lose to Texas State, then beat JMU so that when we run the table (including a win over JMU) there is not asterisk in anybody's mind that App is the champ. Might as well aim high!

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:53 am

Didn't a bunch of crazy stuff happen a few years ago when we won the East? Seem to recall some teams losing that helped us win it. Obviously we have to run the table and get lots of help to host the game but probably need to win out to take the East. Gonna be a fun 3 weeks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”