School: Appalachian State

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:48 am

Sense of humor Sunday! Ya'll need one.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:56 am

If the outcome last night had been____, what would have been the reaction?

Blowout loss to Marshall- screaming for immediate dismissal??

Another one score loss to Marshall- more rumblings to make a change at the end of the season, same old same old?

A one score win over Marshall with a late score or a hold on nail biter- same old stuff but we probably need a change?

Sandpapering of that ass- maybe the staff made huge adjustments and have figured it out?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:02 am

If someone breaks 100 posts in their own thread, the thread should be locked to stop the artificial ego bumping of the thread because that's what this has become.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:06 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:56 am
If the outcome last night had been____, what would have been the reaction?

Blowout loss to Marshall- screaming for immediate dismissal??

Another one score loss to Marshall- more rumblings to make a change at the end of the season, same old same old?

A one score win over Marshall with a late score or a hold on nail biter- same old stuff but we probably need a change?

Sandpapering of that ass- maybe the staff made huge adjustments and have figured it out?
My reaction is guarded. We beat a team that has obviously quit. A lot of things looked a lot better. I need to see it again against a team with a pulse.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:13 am

We beat a team we should have. Marshall has fallen, and fast. Wasn't long ago they were 4-0, and Huff was mentioned as a candidate for Michigan State.

Lets take this win and build momentum, and beat a good team on the road.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:25 am

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 7:35 pm
I have been as anti Clark as long as anyone. I don't if Marshall is just terrible or if we've figured something out. But we haven't looked this good in a long time. The players get credit, Clark and his staff get credit. This looked like App football.
It's not an either/or proposition. I think both are true. Marshall's offense was snake-bit. They do still have a solid D though and they have enough left on Offense that it's a good win. I also think App has figured something out. I think the D needs to continue playing with the intensity they showed yesterday and if they do, we can potentially beat anyone on our schedule...yes, including JMU. I actually think we match up better against JMU than we do against the other two. They are a better team for sure, but their offense isn't particularly explosive. I think our offense can score on any D in the Belt. We need our "A" game to be sure. I think last night gave this team a taste of something they needed. I really hope it keep going and progressing.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:25 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
I have been as anti Clark as long as anyone. I don't if Marshall is just terrible or if we've figured something out. But we haven't looked this good in a long time. The players get credit, Clark and his staff get credit. This looked like App football.
It's not an either/or proposition. I think both are true. Marshall's offense was snake-bit. They do still have a solid D though and they have enough left on Offense that it's a good win. I also think App has figured something out. I think the D needs to continue playing with the intensity they showed yesterday and if they do, we can potentially beat anyone on our schedule...yes, including JMU. I actually think we match up better against JMU than we do against the other two. They are a better team for sure, but their offense isn't particularly explosive. I think our offense can score on any D in the Belt. We need our "A" game to be sure. I think last night gave this team a taste of something they needed. I really hope it keep going and progressing.
Aguilar might be running for his life against JMU’s defensive line. We looked great overall last night but OL still needs improvement

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:32 am

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:02 am
If someone breaks 100 posts in their own thread, the thread should be locked to stop the artificial ego bumping of the thread because that's what this has become.
You can't lock #TeamClark. That's UnAmerican.

This is a major major topic of reality under one roof and I heard wheels are in motion to push him out unless they sweep all 3 remaining games.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:38 am

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:32 am
appdaze wrote:

This is a major major topic of reality under one roof and I heard wheels are in motion to push him out unless they sweep all 3 remaining games.
Yeah, this can’t be true . . .

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:39 am

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:29 am
Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:25 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Aguilar might be running for his life against JMU’s defensive line. We looked great overall last night but OL still needs improvement
Maybe, but his ability to pick up a first down with his legs adds yet another dimension to our offense. When playing well, our offense could be the best in the Belt. That's just my completely biased opinion, of course. JMU's only weakness (relatively speaking) on D is the secondary. The quick slants we executed so well last night can keep them from stacking the box. From a JMU perspective, it's hard to know what to stop. We need to take whatever is available and make them pay. I'm not saying we WILL win, but I absolutely believe we CAN win. That's why they play the games.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 am

AppOrange wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:38 am
DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:32 am
appdaze wrote:

Yeah, this can’t be true . . .
Circle of Fakes in the CLT area are talking, before, during and after the game.

Everts wants it, DG has said find the money then, he's trying to put the decision on her so he deflects the negative outside view of the decision from people in athletics across the country.

Yesterday was Rick Beasley's birthday - just in case any of you doubt my App State knowledge - he's a great man that did a lot for the YC and department.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:48 am

Two things can save his job, get to a bowl, or beat James Madison.

One thing this Chancellor loves more than her booze, is the free publicity she gets when the football team does something big.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:50 am

Tru2ASU wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:48 am

One thing this Chancellor loves more than her booze, is the free publicity she gets when the football team does something big.
Wow. Is it really necessary to make personal attacks on our Chancellor? Bad taste.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:58 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:50 am
Tru2ASU wrote:

Wow. Is it really necessary to make personal attacks on our Chancellor? Bad taste.
Agreed.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

appfanjj

Unread post by appfanjj » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:05 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

Agreed.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 am

I really really really hope that our Chancellor cares about a whole lot more than just football. Believe it or not the sun does not rise and set for everyone based on how the App State football team does. Some of you folks really need to take a dose of reality and calm down. The level of insanity over this team and coach gets unbelievable. It's a game.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:37 am

Yosef84 wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

Also I love booze and when the football team does big things. That’s not the burn you think it is.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:11 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 9:34 am
I really really really hope that our Chancellor cares about a whole lot more than just football. Believe it or not the sun does not rise and set for everyone based on how the App State football team does. Some of you folks really need to take a dose of reality and calm down. The level of insanity over this team and coach gets unbelievable. It's a game.
How many buildings has the “game” built over the past decade? Don’t underestimate what the football program brings to the university. The last thing our Chancellor needs is an average football program when it comes to university funding.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:37 am

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:11 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
How many buildings has the “game” built over the past decade? Don’t underestimate what the football program brings to the university. The last thing our Chancellor needs is an average football program when it comes to university funding.
I don't necessarily doubt what you are saying but for the sake of argument how much money has the football program NETTED over the past decade? Has the football program really brought in that much money? Do we net a million a year? Two million? If so did $20 million go to buildings?

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:42 am

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:37 am
Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:11 am
Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
I don't necessarily doubt what you are saying but for the sake of argument how much money has the football program NETTED over the past decade? Has the football program really brought in that much money? Do we net a million a year? Two million? If so did $20 million go to buildings?
This has revenue and expenditures as well as other stats.

https://knightnewhousedata.org/fbs/sunb ... university

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”