#TeamClark

Saint3333

Re: #TeamClark

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:33 pm

Having to type we have a brutal month ahead of us when our schedule is Marshall, GA St., JMU, and GS is tough to swallow and I believe AppSt1 agrees.

None of those programs have advantages over us. We have let other programs in the conference pass us in two short years to where now our fanbase sees us an inferior (including myself). This is the mentality I'm concerned about.

appgrad95&97
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:36 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:33 pm
Having to type we have a brutal month ahead of us when our schedule is Marshall, GA St., JMU, and GS is tough to swallow and I believe AppSt1 agrees.

None of those programs have advantages over us. We have let other programs in the conference pass us in two short years to where now our fanbase sees us an inferior (including myself). This is the mentality I'm concerned about.
And that my friend IS #TeamClark.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:59 pm

One positive about Denver, and it would be the disguise of all disguises if this was his intention, is he has galvanized the rest of us. United against Denver!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:05 pm

Saint3333 wrote:

It was very difficult to type. Having this mentality sucks and if we don't see major improvement in November a change will happen because Gillin knows we can't afford to slip any further. I don't expect it to happen but I sure do hope we see the turn around in November like Scott and things work out. Shawn has 4 weeks to do it or I am very confident we will see a change.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:09 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:29 pm
Are we all just going to ignore Denver saying, "behind closed doors they have been telling people we have a NY6 contender team in 2024..."
For real? I mean, I expect App to be better next year because they have a really good recruiting class, the defense will be older, and they will probably get some dudes from the portal. But we're supposed to believe that App is going to go from MAYBE a .500 win percentage this year to a 10-11 win team next year? Sure, it could happen, but I'd be shocked.
That was me. I had someone who talks to the coaches that said a coach told him they believe we should be a top 25 team and NY6 contender next year. They believe that we are having some pains now but the 2024 season should be a big time. I do not agree and actually think we probably are a 7-win team but I will adjust that expectation if the team surprises me and we get to 7 wins this year.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:09 pm

JCLine
BLACK SATURDAY

njcarr

Unread post by njcarr » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:03 pm

Go ASU!!!

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:08 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:09 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Are we all just going to ignore Denver saying, "behind closed doors they have been telling people we have a NY6 contender team in 2024..."
For real? I mean, I expect App to be better next year because they have a really good recruiting class, the defense will be older, and they will probably get some dudes from the portal. But we're supposed to believe that App is going to go from MAYBE a .500 win percentage this year to a 10-11 win team next year? Sure, it could happen, but I'd be shocked.
That was me. I had someone who talks to the coaches that said a coach told him they believe we should be a top 25 team and NY6 contender next year. They believe that we are having some pains now but the 2024 season should be a big time. I do not agree and actually think we probably are a 7-win team but I will adjust that expectation if the team surprises me and we get to 7 wins this year.
Who is going to play Dback and safety in 2024 that makes anyone eager or Dline?

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:49 pm

I wish this web site would have a gadget like the "X' aka 'Twitter' where you guys could mention me when you talk bad about me at least....at least say it to my notifications so I don't have to scroll each bad comment.

I started the greatest thread in history of the cabin, 30 pages and over 20k views, hashtag #TeamClark, some will get that tattoo if we win out.

I relish the role of supporting the Coach, #TeamClark, and have consistently, with data and facts, backed up reasons he should be the coach for many many years to come. #TeamClark will be #2024SBCChamps

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:49 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:08 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
Who is going to play Dback and safety in 2024 that makes anyone eager or Dline?
I do think we need some slight upgrades in the secondary but I believe that our rush defense is the biggest issue we have had. We have given up a lot of big runs and we are the worst in the Sun Belt. We are #4 in pass defense and could probably be #2 with a better pass rush and run defense.

Also, I am a little worried that the best one Nate Johnson might have a lot of offers from P5 schools to transfer.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:54 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:49 pm
I wish this web site would have a gadget like the "X' aka 'Twitter' where you guys could mention me when you talk bad about me at least....at least say it to my notifications so I don't have to scroll each bad comment.

I started the greatest thread in history of the cabin, 30 pages and over 20k views, hashtag #TeamClark, some will get that tattoo if we win out.

I relish the role of supporting the Coach, #TeamClark, and have consistently, with data and facts, backed up reasons he should be the coach for many many years to come. #TeamClark will be #2024SBCChamps
Probably the biggest thread this year but not even close to top 20 yet all-time I would bet. Mods could confirm and say which ones but I bet it is not the greatest in history. lol

I'm not sure I would want to have the biggest thread anyway. If you ever go to AGS before we moved up there was a thread by a UTC fan that is one of the most read threads I ever saw on a football message board and he did it by trolling people with insane comments and someone showed me this past year how they revisited the thread and 95% of the football comments the original poster made turned out to not be true. He made a lot of crazy predictions. I have not seen you proclaim something bold like we will win the Sun Belt under Clark in 2024 and win 12 or 13 games like that guy did, yet. lol
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:03 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:54 pm
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Probably the biggest thread this year but not even close to top 5 yet all-time I would bet. Mods could confirm and say which ones but I bet it is not the greatest in history. lol

I'm not sure I would want to have the biggest thread anyway. If you ever go to AGS before we moved up there was a thread by a UTC fan that is one of the most read threads I ever saw on a football message board and he did it by trolling people with insane comments and someone showed me this past year how they revisited the thread and 95% of the football comments the original poster made turned out to not be true. He made a lot of crazy predictions. I have not seen you proclaim something bold like we will win the Sun Belt under Clark in 2024 and win 12 or 13 games like that guy did, yet. lol
Re read -- I did predict that in Bold. Past your bed time AirForce1 aka AppStateFan1 -- must be related to Sleepy Joe.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:04 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Probably the biggest thread this year but not even close to top 5 yet all-time I would bet. Mods could confirm and say which ones but I bet it is not the greatest in history. lol

Not sure about mobile version, but on the PC layout, if you click on a main forum like "Appalachian Football" or "Appalachian general discussion" you can go down to the bottom left of the topics just under the black outlined topics square. Beside the "new topic" button there is a sorting button. There you can sort by replies, subject, views, author, or post time.

Example the coach drink thread had 2325 Replies and 555642 views

This current thread doesn't even crack the top 100 threads on the cabin. For just the football forum it's 268 on viewership. That doesn't include of course all the other main forums. I think someone else probably nailed it when talking about someone spamming their own thread with wild statements just to get more notoriety for their thread. This has 592 as I write this but Diamond Denver has 91 of those posts. So basically this person keeps this thread alive and people keep feeding the troll because they can't help themselves.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:32 pm

Yea. But DOTE stated it, so it must be so!

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 pm

Saint3333 wrote:

This goes hand in hand with your statement in another thread about not having to play either S. Alabama and Troy. We’re no longer the team that says “anybody, anytime, anywhere”. That’s the crux of it and it sucks to not have that chip on our shoulder. Get that swagger back Coach Clark or turn over the reigns to someone that will.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:55 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
I appreciate the confidence, and love the attitude, but I just feel like there’s way too many holes and weak spots for this team to be a NY6 contender NEXT YEAR. But hey, I’d love to be wrong.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:11 pm

They both have WRs that would do whatever they want one on one

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:16 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:03 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Re read -- I did predict that in Bold. Past your bed time AirForce1 aka AppStateFan1 -- must be related to Sleepy Joe.
I saw you picked the Sun Belt title but you did not say 12 or 13 games. I believe we will be looking back at your predictions and pointing out how wrong they are but man do I hope you are right. I have a lot of doubts about Shawn but I would love for him to prove me wrong.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:18 pm

appdaze wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:04 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Not sure about mobile version, but on the PC layout, if you click on a main forum like "Appalachian Football" or "Appalachian general discussion" you can go down to the bottom left of the topics just under the black outlined topics square. Beside the "new topic" button there is a sorting button. There you can sort by replies, subject, views, author, or post time.

Example the coach drink thread had 2325 Replies and 555642 views

This current thread doesn't even crack the top 100 threads on the cabin. For just the football forum it's 268 on viewership. That doesn't include of course all the other main forums. I think someone else probably nailed it when talking about someone spamming their own thread with wild statements just to get more notoriety for their thread. This has 592 as I write this but Diamond Denver has 91 of those posts. So basically this person keeps this thread alive and people keep feeding the troll because they can't help themselves.
You know that is 100% true. He is the YC version of ChattownMocs from AGS. LOL

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:19 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:43 pm
Saint3333 wrote:

This goes hand in hand with your statement in another thread about not having to play either S. Alabama and Troy. We’re no longer the team that says “anybody, anytime, anywhere”. That’s the crux of it and it sucks to not have that chip on our shoulder. Get that swagger back Coach Clark or turn over the reigns to someone that will.
Indeed a great point. We are 4-4 and our only league wins so far are against the 2 worst teams in the west. Imagine if we had played South Alabama, Texas State, or Troy. We could be 2-6. Both South Alabama and Troy have a good running back and that is an area we have struggled. We have allowed struggling backs to pick up a lot of yards and both of these teams have an 2023 All-Sun Belt caliber RB.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”