How Was KBS Today?

appgrad95&97
School: Appalachian State

Re: How Was KBS Today?

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:55 am
Concessions has always been a non-issue for me. I mean, I haven't seen anyone yet in the stands that appears remotely malnourished. Most appear they could go for months...
I guess you have seen me at the games. Not sure I could go for months. But probably to basketball season. Lol

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:55 pm

bcoach wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:40 am
Just a couple of observations
1. We are trying to cram 10lbs into a 5lb bag. It just never works.
2. WiFi free zones are fantastic. They allow you to actually watch an event and interact with the folks around you.
3. If referring to your stadium as High School really bothers you that much .....I'll leave it at that.
#1 is me and many others putting on that lucky App shirt from 5 years back!

App91

Unread post by App91 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:07 pm

Posted in another thread about the low quality of the sound in the entrance video. Another question: Why can we not see the video of replays. been to countless other stadiums and they will show the replay, much like TV. What is our issue?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:23 pm

App91 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:07 pm
Posted in another thread about the low quality of the sound in the entrance video. Another question: Why can we not see the video of replays. been to countless other stadiums and they will show the replay, much like TV. What is our issue?
I assume you mean the reviewable calls, because they show the replay of almost every play. Don't know if its a conference rule not to show those or we have just decided to refrain from those replays.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:28 pm

hapapp wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:23 pm
App91 wrote:
I assume you mean the reviewable calls, because they show the replay of almost every play. Don't know if its a conference rule not to show those or we have just decided to refrain from those replays.
I asked someone Saturday a question about reviews. Where are plays reviewed? If I am not mistaken the referee only puts on a headset at our games but isn't looking at the play. Do we have some command center?

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:43 pm

Bigdaddyg1 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:28 pm
hapapp wrote:
App91 wrote:
I asked someone Saturday a question about reviews. Where are plays reviewed? If I am not mistaken the referee only puts on a headset at our games but isn't looking at the play. Do we have some command center?
I just always assumed the Sun Belt manned a command center somewhere off site.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:50 pm

Speaking of replays, we need better cameras. If we had higher FPS cameras I think that one ECU catch is overturned

97grad

Unread post by 97grad » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:31 pm

hapapp wrote:
AKA the plays you want to see replays of. Was really looking for a replay of the fumble return for a TD on Saturday, but it was not shown.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:44 pm

97grad wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:31 pm
hapapp wrote:
AKA the plays you want to see replays of. Was really looking for a replay of the fumble return for a TD on Saturday, but it was not shown.
Noel also had a TD stolen. He clipped the pylon in the Northeast corner end zone. We didn’t review. Luckily, Joey scored on 3rd and goal. Cameras are even worse on a partly cloudy day, in and out of shade.

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:59 pm

I would be nice if you could text unruly fans to security, but with lack of service in the stadium, security arrives after someone walks and tells them.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:26 pm

ASU85Grad wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:59 pm
I would be nice if you could text unruly fans to security, but with lack of service in the stadium, security arrives after someone walks and tells them.
A lot of people see the lack of broadband service in the stadium as no big deal. I would argue that it's a safety issue, for the reason you stated and others. But again, my understanding is poor broadband service is common at most football stadiums.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:54 pm

Bootsy wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:26 pm
ASU85Grad wrote:
A lot of people see the lack of broadband service in the stadium as no big deal. I would argue that it's a safety issue, for the reason you stated and others. But again, my understanding is poor broadband service is common at most football stadiums.
I had none in Kenan. Judging from seeing lots of people looking at their phones in KBS, it must not be a problem for everyone.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:47 am

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:54 pm
Bootsy wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
I had none in Kenan. Judging from seeing lots of people looking at their phones in KBS, it must not be a problem for everyone.
You make a great point: we have Verizon and had no service, but I recall people with AT&T Wireless saying they didn't have a problem with service in/around KBS. So maybe it's just Verizon?

It was pretty funny to hear the announcer encouraging fans to share photos on social media with the #beatecu hashtag...
...but fans don't have wireless service in/around the stadium to share any photos, so...

And folks, I get the fact that you've got tens of thousands of people in Boone that day so the wireless systems are gonna struggle. But I'm in Boone often and the wireless coverage in town is pretty bad on non game days too.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:37 am

Internet is raising kids..not as much as the parents...tick tok and Instagram is shaping how kids think they should act.. IMO
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ASU85Grad

Unread post by ASU85Grad » Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:44 am

Bootsy wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:47 am
goapps93 wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
You make a great point: we have Verizon and had no service, but I recall people with AT&T Wireless saying they didn't have a problem with service in/around KBS. So maybe it's just Verizon?

It was pretty funny to hear the announcer encouraging fans to share photos on social media with the #beatecu hashtag...
...but fans don't have wireless service in/around the stadium to share any photos, so...

And folks, I get the fact that you've got tens of thousands of people in Boone that day so the wireless systems are gonna struggle. But I'm in Boone often and the wireless coverage in town is pretty bad on non game days too.
I have AT &T, and still do not have service. My son with AT&T and a much newer phone does. Maybe people with new phones have service.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:07 am

97grad wrote:
hapapp wrote:
I don’t have an answer, but I noticed the same thing in Ann Arbor week 1 this year - lack of replays on questionable calls. My Pirate of a Dad has also mentioned the same being the case down in Greenville. Not sure of the reason why.

BoonBandit2006

Unread post by BoonBandit2006 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:29 am

Great gameday atmosphere that was tarnished by the students on the back end after the game. Witnessed several fights while leaving and the amount of taunting from the students after the game was unacceptable. I hate that is has come to a point where I do not feel comfortable taking children to KBS. Nontheless the game itself was great, wish we would do a home and home with them every year

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:34 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:07 am
97grad wrote:
hapapp wrote:
I don’t have an answer, but I noticed the same thing in Ann Arbor week 1 this year - lack of replays on questionable calls. My Pirate of a Dad has also mentioned the same being the case down in Greenville. Not sure of the reason why.
David Jackson has referred to a conference rule before on his ESPN+ broadcasts
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

fjblair

Unread post by fjblair » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:03 am

goapps93 wrote:
Bootsy wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Boone is in a valley surrounded by mountains, the terrain in Chapel Hill is flat. Boone can experience spotty service on any given day, not just on football days when the cell traffic is many times more than normal.

Bigdaddyg1

Unread post by Bigdaddyg1 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:14 am

Either I didn't notice or it was because we were up behind the band but have we stopped the stupid song snippets between every play? Seems like it. I know this isn't a huge deal and maybe hardly anyone does it anymore but why don't we announce "scores of interest"? For no other reason it was always great to hear the cheers or sounds of astonishment when an upset was announced- or when a conference rival was losing an important game. The absolute worst for me is the lack of any stats. Again, unless I missed it those are non-existent.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”