NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Beer

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:11 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:57 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:51 pm
Not drinking is a good idea for most of us but there is absolutely no place in the stadium to not be around beer or people with airplane bottles hidden. My friend (Seth Cashion) the recent ASU student , now college graduate was able to get in the stadium anytime he wanted to with his student pass, but there was no place he could go without being around heavy drinkers. No where, Not even the friggin bathrooms for heaven sake.
Did he catch the alcoholism from being around those heavy drinkers?
He just couldn't find anywhere to go without being around the boozers. App takes pride in having heavy boozers. They try to outdo the Heels and Pirates. One of his close relatives (maybe father or grandfather) was a heavy drinker or even classified as a classic alcoholic so Seth has an aversion to booze. He graduated from App with honors and is now a mortiticain (or a least a test or two from being fulling licensed. Seth can already do embalming under supervision. He makes more money working a few days and nights a week than I ever did coaching and teaching.
I think you'll agree that stats show that the earlier one starts drinking the more likely they will be a problem drinker in adulthood. The more you are around boozers, the more likely one is to be a problem drinker. It's hard for a college kid to turn down the first beer in a crowd.
In my family, a first or second cousin (E.C Stamper or EC Stamper, Jr) played AAA baseball for a few years and ended up with Baltimore. Lasted a year or so and the bottle got to him and he died on the streets of Salisbury...homeless.

My civic club actually helped Seth through App with scholarship money and one of the members found him the job with one of the funeral homes in Boone. Stayed in an apartment in the funeral home complex his jr and sr years at App He is President-elect in our club and will be the youngest Kiwanis President on record.
We're proud of him.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:17 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:11 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Not drinking is a good idea for most of us but there is absolutely no place in the stadium to not be around beer or people with airplane bottles hidden. My friend (Seth Cashion) the recent ASU student , now college graduate was able to get in the stadium anytime he wanted to with his student pass, but there was no place he could go without being around heavy drinkers. No where, Not even the friggin bathrooms for heaven sake.
He just couldn't find anywhere to go without being around the boozers. App takes pride in having heavy boozers. They try to outdo the Heels and Pirates. One of his close relatives (maybe father or grandfather) was a heavy drinker or even classified as a classic alcoholic so Seth has an aversion to booze. He graduated from App with honors and is now a mortiticain (or a least a test or two from being fulling licensed. Seth can already do embalming under supervision. He makes more money working a few days and nights a week than I ever did coaching and teaching.
I think you'll agree that stats show that the earlier one starts drinking the more likely they will be a problem drinker in adulthood. The more you are around boozers, the more likely one is to be a problem drinker. It's hard for a college kid to turn down the first beer in a crowd.
In my family, a first or second cousin (E.C Stamper or EC Stamper, Jr) played AAA baseball for a few years and ended up with Baltimore. Lasted a year or so and the bottle got to him and he died on the streets of Salisbury...homeless.

My civic club actually helped Seth through App with scholarship money and one of the members found him the job with one of the funeral homes in Boone. Stayed in an apartment in the funeral home complex his jr and sr years at App He is President-elect in our club and will be the youngest Kiwanis President on record.
We're proud of him.
Anything else you would like us to know about this dudes life? Address, phone number, social security?
I'm not sure App prides itself on heavy drinking.
It would have to be some truly hoppy beer to catch alcoholism from a bottle.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:32 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:17 pm
NewApp wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:

We're proud of him.
Anything else you would like us to know about this dudes life? Address, phone number, social security?
Who the Hades said anything about catching alcoholism from a bottle? What else do you disagree with? What makes you think he would mind me discussing him on here. You are as obnoxious as you and your cronies think I am. They agree with every spiteful thing you say. And yes many App students and alumni brag about how much they drink. No get the heck out of my face. Talking about trolls...good grief.
Google SUX

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:32 pm
appdaze wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:17 pm
NewApp wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
NewApp wrote:

We're proud of him.
Who the Hades said anything about catching alcoholism from a bottle? What else do you disagree with? What makes you think he would mind me discussing him on here. You are as obnoxious as you and your cronies think I am. They agree with every spiteful thing you say. And yes many App students and alumni brag about how much they drink. No get the heck out of my face. Talking about trolls...good grief.
gsoappfan mentioned the bottled alcoholism. I guess you don't bother reading the threads you start. We don't know what he would mind now, would we, you don't either, for that matter. Someone may say it's okay just to appease you, but that doesn't mean they really want you blabbing about their lives. A considerate person would understand that and stop sharing other people's personal lives the way you do. This isn't the first time you've done this. I feel bad for everyone that you know because their personal information is not safe in your hands. I thank Buddha every day that I am not actually in your face. I'm going to steal a line from you here....Who in the Hades said anything about trolls? Thanks, Charlie Brown.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:25 pm

Oh yeah? Well I had a friend once that came to an App game for the first time last year and was impressed with how little drinking there was and how classy everybody was -- especially the drunk students. They were all super respectful, not one curse word, every single one of them gave my friend a hand shake, and a $5 bill just because he looked cool.

See, I can make shit up too!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

app80

Unread post by app80 » Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:04 pm

gsoappfan wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:45 am
I stepped on some mini bottles at one game and got so drunk I couldn't remember the game. I wish people would at least throw their bottles in the trash so I don't get drunk when stepping on them!
i cant believe someone would waste their time worrying about stepping on bottles

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:31 am

app80 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:04 pm
gsoappfan wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:45 am
I stepped on some mini bottles at one game and got so drunk I couldn't remember the game. I wish people would at least throw their bottles in the trash so I don't get drunk when stepping on them!
i cant believe someone would waste their time worrying about stepping on bottles
I think you missed the sarcasm
Give 'em hell!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:20 am

Hook, line and sinker......
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:29 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 6:20 am
Hook, line and sinker......
mm. I didn't miss the sarcasm, just giving it back in kind. Nice try though.,
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”