Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Players Transferring AWAY

JMappfan5
School: Appalachian State

Re: Players Transferring AWAY

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:02 pm

Nothing crippling so far!!! We are very fortunate compared to several other schools.

boonetown1

Unread post by boonetown1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:26 pm

311neers wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:59 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:55 pm
How many of these kids going OUT have significant playing time? I know some may be missed, others may never see playing field and just want to finish with somebody on the field and it won't likely happen at APP. Just trying to gauge relative impact to our team.
Christian Wells - WR - Started games
Luke Smith - OL- Started games
KeSean Brown - LB - got some decent PT over the years
Jordan Mitchell - LB - I believe this is Jordan Helig, dont think we have a mitchell. Mostly was special teams whole career, some depth PT on defense.
Kaleb Dawson - DB- Saw some minutes
Jonathan Streeter - DB - never played
Isaac Johnson - DB- never played
Jamar Rucks - DL- role guy, saw minimal PT.

Losing some at every level. Not our best players but definitely lose some starters and depth.
I would add this to these guys though.

Christian Wells - WR - Started games - got passed over for his starting spot.
Luke Smith - OL- Started games - seemed to get passed by the younger guys.
KeSean Brown - LB - got some decent PT over the years - I liked kesean, and think he could have contributed, but he largely got PT (outside of ST) because of injuries

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:48 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:04 pm
There should be a hard and fast rule that says if anyone enters his name in the portal he's gone. This isn't like basketball where stud players can "test the waters " of the NBA and return. Heard some guy's talking about it on the radio. Let's say a Maye puts his name out there to see how much NIL he could get from a bigger program but doesn't get what he thinks he deserves then says "I'll just stay here". Programs can't be held hostage by players. It's really getting jacked up
Such a rule essentially exist. Once you enter the portal, you are no longer bound to your transferring school and they to you. The team is under no obligation to hold a spot for you.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:02 pm

boonetown1 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:26 pm
311neers wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:59 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:55 pm
How many of these kids going OUT have significant playing time? I know some may be missed, others may never see playing field and just want to finish with somebody on the field and it won't likely happen at APP. Just trying to gauge relative impact to our team.
Christian Wells - WR - Started games
Luke Smith - OL- Started games
KeSean Brown - LB - got some decent PT over the years
Jordan Mitchell - LB - I believe this is Jordan Helig, dont think we have a mitchell. Mostly was special teams whole career, some depth PT on defense.
Kaleb Dawson - DB- Saw some minutes
Jonathan Streeter - DB - never played
Isaac Johnson - DB- never played
Jamar Rucks - DL- role guy, saw minimal PT.

Losing some at every level. Not our best players but definitely lose some starters and depth.
I would add this to these guys though.

Christian Wells - WR - Started games - got passed over for his starting spot.
Luke Smith - OL- Started games - seemed to get passed by the younger guys.
KeSean Brown - LB - got some decent PT over the years - I liked kesean, and think he could have contributed, but he largely got PT (outside of ST) because of injuries
I bet these guys will end up being like others we have who could not quite start or maintain spot and end up being stars at the FCS level. We have several who were named All-Conference the last couple weeks in FCS this year.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:04 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:48 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:04 pm
There should be a hard and fast rule that says if anyone enters his name in the portal he's gone. This isn't like basketball where stud players can "test the waters " of the NBA and return. Heard some guy's talking about it on the radio. Let's say a Maye puts his name out there to see how much NIL he could get from a bigger program but doesn't get what he thinks he deserves then says "I'll just stay here". Programs can't be held hostage by players. It's really getting jacked up
Such a rule essentially exist. Once you enter the portal, you are no longer bound to your transferring school and they to you. The team is under no obligation to hold a spot for you.
The way it should be. Schools should not be held hostage by players. If players can't be forced to stay 4 years then a school can't be forced to hold their spot if they enter the portal. That is completely fair.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:12 pm

311neers wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:41 pm
ASU85Grad wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:32 pm
When someone enters the portal, they are off the team immediately, and cannot come back unless asked. Correct?
It probably varies by school/coach or player. Say Drake maye entered portal to see if UGA or Bama bit. I'd have a hard time believing UNC wouldn't let him back in if he changed his mind. However, I feel that Clark might just cut ties if you enter the portal at APP. If you don't want to be here, there's the door type of situation and you can't come back.
Rumor is Drake May will enter the portal.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:40 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:12 pm
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
When someone enters the portal, they are off the team immediately, and cannot come back unless asked. Correct?
It probably varies by school/coach or player. Say Drake maye entered portal to see if UGA or Bama bit. I'd have a hard time believing UNC wouldn't let him back in if he changed his mind. However, I feel that Clark might just cut ties if you enter the portal at APP. If you don't want to be here, there's the door type of situation and you can't come back.
*sigh* sorry Burger, but I guess we’ll have to take in Drake with open arms

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:26 pm

AppState89 wrote:
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Well, he has lost 3 in a row.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:31 pm

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:40 pm
AppState89 wrote:
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
*sigh* sorry Burger, but I guess we’ll have to take in Drake with open arms
Ah NO!!! 311neers wrote about Drake entering the portal to see if UGA or Bama bite. They use Drake as an example and I hear Drake will enter the portal. This has NOTHING to do with Burger at all. We DON'T need another QB, we have Burger and need to stick with him.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:51 pm

If Drake came here, he’d get to play in our Super Bowl next year

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:53 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:51 pm
If Drake came here, he’d get to play in our Super Bowl next year
:lol: If he can beat out Burger.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

coachprouty

Unread post by coachprouty » Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:58 am

311neers wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 1:41 pm
Jourdan Helig in portal according to 247.
After seeing him standing next to the heater at Marshall, I know he's looking to get in somewhere warmer. :lol:
App. Alum '10 '22
Section 207

appchicago

Unread post by appchicago » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:01 am

You guys keep saying "Drake" and I keep picturing... Drake. He did look good in the old Gorton's Fisherman logo windshirt.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 am

AppState89 wrote:
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Didn’t he already eschew Bama for unc? Now that he’s a he is a type player, he could prob get $1MM+ NIL though before going pro. Texas A&M?

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:11 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:07 am
AppState89 wrote:
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Didn’t he already eschew Bama for unc? Now that he’s a he is a type player, he could prob get $1MM+ NIL though before going pro. Texas A&M?
Saw A&M lost about half of their recruiting class from last year to the portal. Took the $$ and ran

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:16 am

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:11 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Saw A&M lost about half of their recruiting class from last year to the portal. Took the $$ and ran
A&M is toast. Fraud of a coach and program. If maye is smart he would just walk to UGA. Stetson makes $2M, just won a natty, might win another and is heisman finalist. That team is guaranteed a playoff and you get brock bowers returning. Win win for maye. Do we have them on the schedule soon? Would be a shame if we went down to athens and beat them 😉😉😉😉

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:34 am

Appmountaineers19 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:11 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
AppState89 wrote:
311neers wrote:
ASU85Grad wrote:
Lol getting exactly what they deserve. It’s sad that CFB has devolved to this, but you can’t blame the players for taking what’s offered to them when coaches make $5MM+ and leave at the drop of a hat and give them a text.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:31 am

appchicago wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:01 am
You guys keep saying "Drake" and I keep picturing... Drake. He did look good in the old Gorton's Fisherman logo windshirt.
They did a skit about Drake on SNL and I pointed at the screen like the DiCaprio meme when they had the pic of him in App gear front and center lol

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:52 am

You can't blame Drake...If I had a way to get away from having to hang with that chapel hill crowd I would take it in a heart beat.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:59 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:52 am
You can't blame Drake...If I had a way to get away from having to hang with that chapel hill crowd I would take it in a heart beat.
Maye is one of the Chapel Hill crowd. Who is stirring the pot with rumors that he is considering a transfer? 247Sports? His comments Saturday, for what they're worth, indicate he is happy to stay at UNC.

On a slightly different note, when can players be contacted? I know it's been asked before. Does a player have to be in the portal in order to be contacted? I know there is plenty of unofficial contact but what is the rule for official contact?
WE ARE YOSEF!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”