Re: Official Mickey the Mouth prediction thread

Unread post by AppState89 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:45 pm

App State 42

Purple People Eaters 34
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

asu1978

Unread post by asu1978 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:16 pm

JMU,FURPLE,WESTERN,EZU,Nothing ever good came from purple.MEN WITH LONG GUNS 35. STUDENTS DISCOVERING TOILET PAPER 7.

appstate77
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appstate77 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:32 pm

I think we shall see the T@AM defensive game this week. Madison has not seen P 5 competion this year. Sooooo:
App 31
JMU 20

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:23 am

Let's see if I can keep my streak at the bottom alive!

4th presidents- 24
The App State- 42
The Appalachian State

ugmw177

Unread post by ugmw177 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:04 am

Hail Mary's 38
Overconfident Purple Haze 6

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:37 am

bigCasu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:44 pm
Caught your breath yet? Maybe we can use a different lede next week. College football has been upside down through three weeks, and it seems as if App State has been in the center of it all. Forty-point fourth quarters? Check. Knocking off a top ten opponent on the road? We have that too. Winning on a hail mary touchdown pass? Why not. App State has played just three games with nearly a seasons worth of moments. What could possibly happen next? We welcome in an old rival that also plays the part of a conference newcomer. The Dukes landed in the Sun Belt East along with Old Dominion and Marshall. This will be the seventeenth meeting between the two schools and first matchup as conference opponents. Among the more recent FCS-FBS transitions, the Dukes have the pedigree, with two national championships, and a winning history. They were rumored to have declined an invitation to the Sun Belt years ago, but could not pass it up a second time. This will be the Sun Belt opener for the Dukes, and their fans could not be more excited to renew a budding rivalry.

please continue reading at https://blackandgoldpodcast.com/app-sta ... s-madison/
Love to read these posts and all the great info in the podcast but can we change where it says the field surface is Astroturf? From my understanding it has been Field Turf for about 20 years now. "Astroturf" sounds like the field is stuck in the 1970s.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am

AppYosef! wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:37 am
bigCasu wrote:
Caught your breath yet? Maybe we can use a different lede next week. College football has been upside down through three weeks, and it seems as if App State has been in the center of it all. Forty-point fourth quarters? Check. Knocking off a top ten opponent on the road? We have that too. Winning on a hail mary touchdown pass? Why not. App State has played just three games with nearly a seasons worth of moments. What could possibly happen next? We welcome in an old rival that also plays the part of a conference newcomer. The Dukes landed in the Sun Belt East along with Old Dominion and Marshall. This will be the seventeenth meeting between the two schools and first matchup as conference opponents. Among the more recent FCS-FBS transitions, the Dukes have the pedigree, with two national championships, and a winning history. They were rumored to have declined an invitation to the Sun Belt years ago, but could not pass it up a second time. This will be the Sun Belt opener for the Dukes, and their fans could not be more excited to renew a budding rivalry.

please continue reading at https://blackandgoldpodcast.com/app-sta ... s-madison/
Love to read these posts and all the great info in the podcast but can we change where it says the field surface is Astroturf? From my understanding it has been Field Turf for about 20 years now. "Astroturf" sounds like the field is stuck in the 1970s.
Just like Ford and Chevy have evolved with the times, so has Astroturf. That's who provided our current turf:

https://astroturf.com/app-state-footbal ... r-stadium/

The new AstroTurf® consists of Trionic fibers, an advanced fiber blend purpose-built to deliver a better experience for players. The fibers are made from polyethylene (PE) molecules fused with nylon to achieve an unprecedented durability level while retaining the non-abrasive texture modern PE fibers are known for.

App State chose the AstroTurf® 3D3 infilled turf system, which offers grass-like traction and superior stability. As the former field was nearing the end of its serviceability, this is an important improvement for the players, who have a promising year ahead. The 2020 roster includes more than 20 seniors.
Last edited by WASU 93 on Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:42 am

AppYosef! wrote:
bigCasu wrote:

It is Astroturf Field Turf. See straight from Astroturf website a picture of our field.
https://astroturf.com/artifical-sports- ... ball-turf/

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:59 am

Thanks for the replies about the turf. I learned something today. I have heard the term Field Turf used more in recent years (I guess to distinguish it from the older version of Astroturf) so it seemed odd to me. It certainly is a completely different turf than what was on the field in the 1980's. I stand corrected.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:31 am

AppYosef! wrote:
bigCasu wrote:

Pretty sure I still have burns from the early 2000s turf
The Appalachian State

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:55 am

APP 34-32.

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:41 am

If they can run the ball, we will have serious problems. Their QB, a 6 year journeyman like Brice, had stints at Temple and Colorado State. His stats in the MTSU game include 6 TDs, no INTs, and 114 yards rushing.

I took a look at a couple of those tds, they were not pitch and catches. This guy has an arm and is accurate.

Unless Dale Jones figures out how to fix our secondary, we may be in serious trouble.

App 48
JMU 45
YNWA

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:00 am

App-21
JMU-17
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:16 am

Games are won in the trenches. I like our chances, plus our defense will continue to improve. No need for magic this week. If we are a Championship Team, you'll see it this week.

App State 42
JMU 17

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:53 am

App State 35
JMU 31

JMappfan5

Unread post by JMappfan5 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:51 pm

Close for a half...Hail Mary Architects - 31
Hell With Madison - 17

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:35 pm

Enjoying this beautiful weather with a Padron 1964, some good beer, and watching the 2007 playoff game against JMU. Let’s go App!!!!
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:46 pm

JMU 32
App 33

gsoappfan

Unread post by gsoappfan » Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:28 am

App - 34
JMU - 24