How does ECU look?

mountaineerman
School: Appalachian State

Re: How does ECU look?

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:00 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:45 pm
The advantage ECU has along with Alabama and every team that has their entire team vaccinated is the advantage of having your full depth chart available to you for each game day.

Vaccinated players will not be tested. Unvaccinated players will be. If a team has an entire unit like say an o-line and only one of the group is vaccinated and one player in the pre game cov19 test is positive then you just forfeited the game unless you cobble up random players to play offensive lineman for a couple of games.

Teams with great expectations but low vaccination rates will quite possibly have poor seasons this year while a handful of good/better than average teams with 100 vaccination rates will have breakout seasons this year.

This said, ECU LOOKS GOOD this year and far better than we do in one important metric.
Maybe they should start testing all.. vaccinated and unvaccinated . See NC state college World Series. There has obviously been a huge upswing in vaccinated people contracting and spreading the virus. This is exactly what they said would not happen if you got the vaccine

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:05 pm

What is our the current vaccination rate among the football team?

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:15 pm

CheckYosef94 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:41 pm
CheckYosef94 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:33 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:40 pm
appstate24 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:22 pm
Another promising thread ruined by the Covid obsessed crowd. We get it, we know where you stand, for Gods sake let something else control your mind and attention for 5 minutes.

It’s been said on here before the psychological impact of this crap is worse than the virus itself.

GO APPS!!

Also i eagerly await your posts when we inevitably lose a game because we’re missing an entire position group. Like it or not Covid is going to be a topic of conversation around this team unless there’s a dramatic increase in vaccination rates between now and 9/2. No amount of sticking your head in the sand is going to change that.
I'm confused how you think increased vaccination rates will help us not miss position groups. Especially after you just posted a tweet about how the Dolphins' co-offensive coordinator was just sent home after testing covid positive even though he was vaccinated. It would appear that having the vaccination doesn't do anything to ensure that you can keep playing because it is still possible to get and spread covid whether you're vaccinated or not.
It can HELP us not miss position groups because according to the NCAA any player that is vaccinated and is asymptomatic does NOT need to test even if link by contact tracing. There are breakthrough cases with vaccinated people but the numbers are far lower than the occurrence in unvaccinated people AND they usually are asymptomatic. In addition, there is no way to know that any vaccinated player has COVID because they won't ever be tested. Again, as I have posted many time, this is ALL about RISK MANAGMENT with our football team. They all just need to get vaccinated and it will be a very special season, otherwise we may be in trouble.
My bad, I was under the impression that these rules were in place to protect players and slow the spread. Now I see it's all just about punishing the non-vaccinated.
Not sure it is about punishment at all, I like to think it is a reward for those citizens (maybe I should use the term patriots since that seems to resonates with many anti vacers) that are doing their part to help end this pandemic in our country.

CheckYosef94

Unread post by CheckYosef94 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:00 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:15 pm
CheckYosef94 wrote:
t4pizza wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:41 pm
CheckYosef94 wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:

Also i eagerly await your posts when we inevitably lose a game because we’re missing an entire position group. Like it or not Covid is going to be a topic of conversation around this team unless there’s a dramatic increase in vaccination rates between now and 9/2. No amount of sticking your head in the sand is going to change that.
I'm confused how you think increased vaccination rates will help us not miss position groups. Especially after you just posted a tweet about how the Dolphins' co-offensive coordinator was just sent home after testing covid positive even though he was vaccinated. It would appear that having the vaccination doesn't do anything to ensure that you can keep playing because it is still possible to get and spread covid whether you're vaccinated or not.
It can HELP us not miss position groups because according to the NCAA any player that is vaccinated and is asymptomatic does NOT need to test even if link by contact tracing. There are breakthrough cases with vaccinated people but the numbers are far lower than the occurrence in unvaccinated people AND they usually are asymptomatic. In addition, there is no way to know that any vaccinated player has COVID because they won't ever be tested. Again, as I have posted many time, this is ALL about RISK MANAGMENT with our football team. They all just need to get vaccinated and it will be a very special season, otherwise we may be in trouble.
My bad, I was under the impression that these rules were in place to protect players and slow the spread. Now I see it's all just about punishing the non-vaccinated.
Not sure it is about punishment at all, I like to think it is a reward for those citizens (maybe I should use the term patriots since that seems to resonates with many anti vacers) that are doing their part to help end this pandemic in our country.
I don't see how that's doing their part to end the pandemic. Vaccinated people can still get and transmit the virus. The vaccine is only supposed to lessen the symptoms. If you really look at it then someone who is vaccinated is more likely to be asymptomatic which means if they do get the virus they are likely to continue with their everyday life while unknowingly infecting others while unvaccinated people are more likely to feel sick and stay home.
The mountains are calling and I must go

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:05 pm
I see a ton of assertions that our vaccinations are low, both on here and on Twitter, but I’ve never seen an actual number.

Part of me wonders if it’s like an urban legend where the story just gets bigger and bigger without justification. Until I see a number from a reputable source (ie not what someone heard online), then I’m just gonna hold off on preparing to call off the season.
Give 'em hell!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:09 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:04 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
I see a ton of assertions that our vaccinations are low, both on here and on Twitter, but I’ve never seen an actual number.

Part of me wonders if it’s like an urban legend where the story just gets bigger and bigger without justification. Until I see a number from a reputable source (ie not what someone heard online), then I’m just gonna hold off on preparing to call off the season.
That’s how I see it as well. Haven’t seen any confirmed numbers yet. Clark and DG haven’t said anything so I don’t know where this is coming from.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:19 pm

Tbatchelor1977 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:07 pm
I respectfully disagree. One game does not a QB make in my opinion. Everyone is new...game speed can only be made in a actual game. In addition, we have have new OL coming into the mix....I am hopeful that we win. However, one game does not QB make. I believe we will see by game 4 or 5 we see what we have in Brice. If we are fortunate..maybe he comes out smoking game 1 and 2. However if he is average in the first couple of games, I hope Clark stays with him. If he is god awful against ECU, maybe you do pull him if game is in reach. However, I hope Clark puts him back in the saddle for Game 2.
Clark said at SBC media day Brice is number one guy at moment. I hope and believe he will be the stud that leads this team to the next level. However, if he turns out to not be the best QB on this team now then I hope Clark quickly finds and plays the best guy. I don’t want Clark trying to shoehorn a guy that can’t get it done. Your comments above imply you may want to just keep trying him regardless of whether there is a better guy.

Also Brice has played at game speed all last season so he better not require too much ramp up time in that regard. I am also a big believer that you either got it or you don’t so I do think you get a pretty good idea from one game as a starter as to whether a QB can cut it or not. I look at all the QBs at App over the last 15 years and the one game litmus test has been fairly reliable. I will put in one caveat, it seems to be a better indicator when they “start” vs are just thrown in for part of the game. Seems that “starter” title better shows how they handle the full pressure of owning the game outcome as a QB.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:46 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

On Wednesday we will all know based on how many players are wearing masks.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:32 am

CheckYosef94 wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
appstate24 wrote:
Another promising thread ruined by the Covid obsessed crowd. We get it, we know where you stand, for Gods sake let something else control your mind and attention for 5 minutes.

It’s been said on here before the psychological impact of this crap is worse than the virus itself.

GO APPS!!

Pretty simple: vaccinated players or staff who test positive and are asymptomatic can return to duty after two negative tests 24 hours apart. For non-vaccinated persons who test positive, the 2020 protocols remain in place, requiring a 10-day isolation.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am

AppSt94 wrote:
I’ve heard it was lower than 70% not too long ago.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am
AppSt94 wrote:
My cousin’s friend who works with a guy that knows the kid that sweeps the floors in the Athletic Center. He said it was north of 90%.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:39 am

BeauFoster wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

I’m no body language or language expert, but if you watch Gillin’s interview with Adam Witten from SBC media days there were 2 very clear items in my eyes: he’s a bit disappointed in number of tickets sold in Charlotte, and he’s a bit uncomfortable with the low vaccination rate amongst the team. I believe the quote was something along the line of him being nervous about the current rate followed by stressing how important it is for the guys to get vaccinated.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:40 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:37 am
Yosef10 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:34 am
AppSt94 wrote:
My cousin’s friend who works with a guy that knows the kid that sweeps the floors in the Athletic Center. He said it was north of 90%.
Lol you get so triggered when it’s not you providing the “inside info” you always claim to be in the thick of.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 am

There is a lot of supposition being made using Twitter likes and retweets and facial and body cues. Unless we are given information from reputable sources, (coaches or ADs) or the players themselves, we aren’t going to know. And not knowing certainly isn’t a reason to jump to the worst possible scenarios. It is the Monday of the week celebrating the start of Fall Camp. Can we focus on that please?

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:56 am

We are in danger of losing our season as this Delta variant is way more aggressive than last year's Covid strain.

The more the virus has opportunities to spread, the more likely that mutations will occur. Fortunately, the current vaccines are holding up pretty well against the Delta variant, although not as effective. The breakthrough cases are still relatively rare when you consider that something like 164 million Americans have been fully vaccinated. Also, the data is indicating now that if you've had Covid your immunity starts to diminish over time, like 6 months, so you still need a vaccine if you've had Covid prior to 6 months ago.
The vaccine was developed under a Republican administration and has been validated and deployed by a Democratic administration so this should not be a political decision. It's about weighing risks. Keep in mind this mRNA thing has been around for a decade or longer. So, you can get a shot and potentially feel bad for up to 36 hours or get the virus and have a diaper slapped on you in the ICU, a tube crammed down your throat so you can breathe, and then potentially die alone with the knowledge that all you had to do was to get a simple shot. Even if you don't die, the virus causes damage to lung and heart tissue that can give you adverse effects for the rest of your life.
I have not participated, or even read, a lot of the vaccine threads on this board but my anger is growing towards the unvaccinated as we have a way to stop this madness and it's putting my family at risk allowing the virus to spread and mutate.
I don't plan to engage in responses to this post but I would encourage all of you, and our players, to get the vaccine process started before it's too late. I hope and pray we're able to reach herd immunity before another variant surfaces that's even more deadly and the body count in this country reaches into the multi-millions. Please get the shots...

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:14 am

I was at a bar this weekend and a couple girls were wearing masks. We asked them why and if they were vaccinated. Both were cancer survivors and recently off Chemo. One had gotten the vaccine the other wasn't comfortable with it yet mixed with the continuing side effects of her treatments. So we toasted their beating cancer.

Don't be mad at people who haven't vaccinated. A few might be idiots who believe twitter but most, like this lady, are intelligent people doing what's best for them. Not directing this at Rick or anyone but if we'd just assume the best of people instead of assuming the worst it's reasonable that this season will go off just fine. Our players are smart kids, they will do what's right for them. ECU sucks, but they are hyping a big season this year in the local media. It's going to be nice bringing them down a notch.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:34 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:48 am
There is a lot of supposition being made using Twitter likes and retweets and facial and body cues. Unless we are given information from reputable sources, (coaches or ADs) or the players themselves, we aren’t going to know. And not knowing certainly isn’t a reason to jump to the worst possible scenarios. It is the Monday of the week celebrating the start of Fall Camp. Can we focus on that please?
Nope, heard this straight from a horses mouth with connections to the department. You focus and what you want and the rest of us can focus on what we want.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:43 am

The problem with this situation is that it's not just that people are doing what's best for them and it's cool. It's not like wearing seat belts, where nobody else is affected by your decision if you don't wear them and you get seriously hurt or killed in an accident.
The unvaccinated are basically petri dishes for the virus to continue to spread and mutate. My wife has a hereditary heart condition that has a 50% mortality rate and the other 50% that get Covid have lasting damage done to the heart muscle. In addition, my 10 month old granddaughter doesn't have a vaccine available yet, so she's at greater risk the longer this goes on. There are also many people out there that are immuno-compromised that can't take the vaccine so the variants like Delta put them at greater risk. So, I need this Covid thing to get resolved.
I don't think the anti-vaccine people are unintelligent, I think it's more of a trust issue...but again, weigh the risks...a shot in the arm vs a slow painful death alone in the ICU with the knowledge that you may have infected other loved ones along the way who could suffer the same fate.
Obviously the people who cannot get the vaccine for medical reasons can't be held responsible for the continued spread and mutations.

Appsolutely

Unread post by Appsolutely » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:45 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:34 pm
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!
A lot of dumb shit is said on here.
Post of the decade
"I’ve always said the program is bigger than me, any one player or any one coach."--Scott Satterfield

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:30 am

CheckYosef94 wrote:
Yosef10 wrote:
appstate24 wrote:

GO APPS!!

Just to follow up with you:

So that’s 4 days out while any unvaccinated person would have been *at minimum* 10 days. So basically a week of time saved. That’s why it’s so important in a football context.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”