EARLY CBS Bowl Projection

ASUFan4863
School: Appalachian State

EARLY CBS Bowl Projection

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:14 pm

https://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/bowls/predictions

Obviously a lot can change and will change in 2020, however, it’s fun to just look at things when nothing else is going on.

This projection has us playing UCF at the new Myrtle Beach bowl. That would be a very good matchup for proximity and opponent. Food for thought.

appdaze

Re: EARLY CBS Bowl Projection

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:57 pm

https://www.myrtlebeachbowlgame.com/

Its the second earliest game on the schedule......played at Coastal Carolina.

Its a Sunday. 14 NFL teams play that day including the panthers.

Sure we might play UCF, but we will be a footnote on the days sports. It says it will be televised on ESPN networks nationally but I'm curious to know what that will entail when the time comes. ESPN 3? ESPN+? Or maybe at least ESPN 2. Doesn't really matter much with all the nfl games going on.

I guess it would be a fun trip for the players. Sitting in a hotel. Locked in their rooms because of Covid. Watching the waves from their balcony.

Idk, it just feels like a new participation trophy was created to throw the G5's a bone.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:35 am

Wake is staring at 3-8. Nice bowl for them. Doubt it

87ASUgrad

Unread post by 87ASUgrad » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:34 am

If the New Orleans Bowl is still for the Sunbelt Conference Champion, then that's where I hope we end up again this year. If that doesn't happen then the Myrtle Beach Bowl sounds good. We would sell that place out for sure.
Still planning on a beach trip the weekend of November 21st to Coastal. They are looking pretty good this year.
#BeatTheStink
Give Em Hell!!

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:38 am

87ASUgrad wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:34 am
If the New Orleans Bowl is still for the Sunbelt Conference Champion, then that's where I hope we end up again this year. If that doesn't happen then the Myrtle Beach Bowl sounds good. We would sell that place out for sure.
Still planning on a beach trip the weekend of November 21st to Coastal. They are looking pretty good this year.
#BeatTheStink
If I remember correctly they now give the champion the choice of which bowl they want to go to as opposed to being automatically sent to New Orleans. Could be wrong, can't find the article.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:36 pm

NO Bowl is on Dec. 21 & Myrtle Bowl is on Dec. 20.

All that is great. But, the Sun Belt Champeenship is on Dec. 19 now.

So, it looks to me like somebody needs to go back & do more cypherin.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:49 pm

They may have a doubleheader

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:49 am

I would put the likelihood of non P5 bowl games at <10% this year.

ULL is the only SBC team with a shot at a bowl game this year (NY6).

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 am

At this point I'm not sure how many teams will be able to play enough games to get to 6 wins to be "bowl eligible" (though I'm sure that threshold is subject to be forgotten this season).

Agree with Saint there may only be a few bowls this year, I mostly expect the smaller games to not be played.
Give 'em hell!

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 am

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:41 am
At this point I'm not sure how many teams will be able to play enough games to get to 6 wins to be "bowl eligible" (though I'm sure that threshold is subject to be forgotten this season).

Agree with Saint there may only be a few bowls this year, I mostly expect the smaller games to not be played.
The 6 win qualifier was removed for the 2020 season.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:41 am

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:06 am
BeauFoster wrote:

I was about to say that when I read his post. I also think we need to probably wait and see if there is even a bowl game for us.

I was thinking about how the season is going. Games get postponed weekly because of a positive test or two and then several are knocked out for contact tracing. With weekly testing, social distancing, the fact you need separate rooms, no buffets, and attendance limits I am not sure how many of these games happen. Many of them the lower games already don't make much money as it is and now it will be even less. I would bet several games end up cancelling.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:40 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Well there you go. I don't think it will matter eventually, as I really don't think there will be more than a handful or two of games.
Give 'em hell!

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:40 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

Well there you go. I don't think it will matter eventually, as I really don't think there will be more than a handful or two of games.
I respectfully disagree. I believe we have the virus under control (or at least trending in a positive direction) by that point in time. And everybody will be scrambling to make up for as much lost revenue as possible. I think the bowls get pushed back, just like games during the season. As a country, we need this to help recover what’s been lost, both financially and psychologically. #2020Sucks

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:39 pm

Apple@chin1 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:59 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 1:40 pm
Apple@chin1 wrote:
BeauFoster wrote:

I respectfully disagree. I believe we have the virus under control (or at least trending in a positive direction) by that point in time. And everybody will be scrambling to make up for as much lost revenue as possible. I think the bowls get pushed back, just like games during the season. As a country, we need this to help recover what’s been lost, both financially and psychologically. #2020Sucks
I'll be curious to see if they get pushed back. I do agree with you virus is mostly under control but the media is going to make it look bad if cases aren't down to 0 for the teams by then. With the added expenses teams really need to have full capacity so it will be interesting to see. These games really need the revenue from ticket sales. I would still bet some don't happen though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”